Helen Thomas is Retiring

Wow...Color me shocked.

I'd have bet the farm that the lamestream media would've circled the wagons around the old bat, especially seeing as they've looked the other way over "pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house” and "Hymietown"

the people who said those things don't purport to be reporters.

nice try....

terrible analogy.

Wow...Color me shocked.

I'd have bet the farm that the lamestream media would've circled the wagons around the old bat, especially seeing as they've looked the other way over "pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house” and "Hymietown"

nice try....

terrible analogy.

So why would they Circle the Wagons around them but not Helen?...

:)

peace...

Wow...Color me shocked.

nice try....

terrible analogy.

peace...

terroristkitty.gif

Fifty years of making all the Presidents and their press agents uncomfortable. Then you get remembered for this. Too bad. Older folks do tend to speak their minds. So sad. Enjoy the gold watch.

Wow...Color me shocked.

nice try....

terrible analogy.

peace...

bad characterization. i seem to remember at least one of the ny papers had the headline

Hymietown, in huge bold letters after that comment was made.

Not even close, Ayers! A guy that can be filmed standing on a American flags is a piece of trash!

helenthomas.jpg

Pals...

I don't which is Worse... Her or the Domestic Terrorist he was Associated with...

What was his Name again?... The "Free Press" just doesn't Mention him Much...

ayers_on_flag_400x480.jpg

Oh yeah... That Douchebag.

peace...

Wow...Color me shocked.

She violated the rules and didn't speak in the approved PC code used to mask the leftwing anti-semitism.

Don't get me wrong I deplore what Helen said and she deserves everything that is happening to her and her legacy to be destroyed. However, I have a feeling if she made anti-Christian statements her legacy and job would remain intact.

Why is it that Christians always get the raw end of the deal?:confused:

Israel is hardly getting the good end of the deal right now.

Just sayin'.

That said, Christians are easy targets. Except for rare whackjobs who blow up abortion clinics, they don't bomb people for holding different beliefs.

Four pages and no one's said why she's bigoted. Hell, no one's even given the full transcript or video of what she said. Way to act fully informed guys.

Four pages and no one's said why she's bigoted. Hell, no one's even given the full transcript or video of what she said. Way to act fully informed guys.

Do you know how to use the internets?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQcQdWBqt14]Helen Thomas[/ame]

if i may, i think no one's indulged you because if you don't understand what was so ignorant and bigoted about what she said, then it's really not worth anyone's time to explain it to you.

You don't get how telling Jews to Go Back To Germany is bigoted?

How sad for you.

What would you think if someone told Al Sharpton to go back to the plantation?

Last edited:

I do. I've seen the video, I've gone over her comments. Here's my reply in another thread:

myself in another thread said:
What she said could only be construed as antisemitism if you really wanted to stretch the definition. Let's review what she said:

The interviewer asked if she had any comments on Israel. She said they they should get the hell out of Palestine. She then goes on to say the Palestinians are occupied, and that the land belongs to them. She goes on to say its not German or Polish, which is a pretty clear dig at the fact of the Jewish migration there after the state of Israel was created in '48. She suggests they go back to Poland, Germany and America.

This isn't antisemitism, this is Thomas expressing disagreement with the existence of Israel and what the Western powers did sixty years ago, a perfectly valid opinion to have. She wasn't being antisemitic in any way shape or form. Just because she's against Israel does not mean she's being antisemitic; it's a dangerous thing to equate dissatisfaction with a state with racism against the people in the state. It's also incredibly disingenuous.

Enjoy them.

if i may, i think no one's indulged you because if you don't understand what was so ignorant and bigoted about what she said, then it's really not worth anyone's time to explain it to you.

Sounds like laziness to me. C'mon, even the obvious is always worth explaining. If you can't be arsed to explain something, is it because you don't want to, or because you can't explain it? Prove me wrong in this assumption, gimmie some solid stuff to work with.

I'd still love to your explaination for her bigotry anyway. Fire away!

How sad for you.

I didn't realize Germany in 2010 was a fascist state. Apologies for not stereotyping Germany. You forgot she also suggested Poland and America.

How sad for you.

I didn't realize Germany in 2010 was a fascist state. Apologies for not stereotyping Germany. You forgot she also suggested Poland and America.

B'loney. That is a pathetic bit of spin. GO BACK to Germany? What was Germany like for the few Jews who are still alive when they lived there during the WWII era?

As to the current state of anti-semitism in Europe, it's prevalent and increasing - you'd benefit from reading some of Oriana Fallaci's work on the topic.

How sad for you.

B'loney. That is a pathetic bit of spin. GO BACK to Germany? What was Germany like for the few Jews who are still alive when they lived there during the WWII era?

As to the current state of anti-semitism in Europe, it's prevalent and increasing - you'd benefit from reading some of Oriana Fallaci's work on the topic.

Please read my few paragraphs on Thomas' comments that I quoted for you. I spent a total of six minutes on them this morning, lots of hard work there.

No seriously, if you're going to give a serious response to something, don't just quote and respond to my snarky comment. There's two and a half paragraphs for you to read and process and debate me on. Otherwise I'm forced to assume you have no argument and therefore you're being needlessly hateful against a woman for no adequately explain reason.

Last edited:

I do. I've seen the video, I've gone over her comments. Here's my reply in another thread:

Enjoy them.

Sounds like laziness to me. C'mon, even the obvious is always worth explaining. If you can't be arsed to explain something, is it because you don't want to, or because you can't explain it? Prove me wrong in this assumption, gimmie some solid stuff to work with.

I'd still love to your explaination for her bigotry anyway. Fire away!

How sad for you.

Also, as pointed out twice in this thread, the guy has more video to release (yeah, he is milking it for his own ends) so, knowing herself what she said, she could be saving the White House some embarrassment.

However, I agree with those who have stated that what is on the vid so far is offensive enough. That plus her past record of objectivity failure.

Forum List

Back