Heinz Kerry Tells Reporter to 'Shove It'

UsaPride

Mar 13, 2004
NC
Heinz Kerry Tells Reporter to 'Shove It'
By PETER JACKSON

BOSTON (AP) - Teresa Heinz Kerry urged her home-state delegates to the Democratic National Convention to restore a more civil tone to American politics, then minutes later told a newspaperman to ``shove it.''

``We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics,'' the wife of Sen. John Kerry told her fellow Pennsylvanians on Sunday night at a Massachusetts Statehouse reception.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editorial page editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, questioned her on what she meant by the term ``un-American,'' according to a tape of the encounter recorded by Pittsburgh television station WTAE.

Heinz Kerry said, ``I didn't say that'' several times to McNickle. She then turned to confer with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and others. When she faced McNickle again a short time later, he continued to question her, and she replied, ``You said something I didn't say. Now shove it.''

The Pennsylvania delegation was the first to be visited by the wife of Kerry, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Before her encounter with McNickle, she criticized the tenor of modern political campaigns, without being specific.

Vice President Dick Cheney recently came under criticism for using a four-letter obscenity in an exchange with Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., on the Senate floor. He later was unapologetic about the remark, saying: ``I felt better after I said it.''

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news...ff/story/0001/20040725/2306956307.htm&sc=1131

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of putting that last paragraph in this article, LOL! Un-freakin'-believable!

insein said:
Because that was why she said shove it. Dick Cheney set a bad example, lol. That and its CNN.

Moral equivalency? :dunno:

Hannitized said:
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news...ff/story/0001/20040725/2306956307.htm&sc=1131

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of putting that last paragraph in this article, LOL! Un-freakin'-believable!

I heard this story this morning and laughed my ass off. That woman is a one-person wrecking ball headed straight for her husband's political career lol.

On a side-note... I listen to a Florida radio station while at work... they reported that John Kerry was out for dinner with his wife and a few others and their bill came to $262.00. How much of a tip did he leave? $0 . Cheap bastard. Ive been looking for a link to read up more on it, but I havent found it yet... anyone hear anything about this? (if you all find a link, post it for me, please). :D

lilcountriegal said:
I heard this story this morning and laughed my ass off. That woman is a one-person wrecking ball headed straight for her husband's political career lol.

On a side-note... I listen to a Florida radio station while at work... they reported that John Kerry was out for dinner with his wife and a few others and their bill came to $262.00. How much of a tip did he leave? $0 . Cheap bastard. Ive been looking for a link to read up more on it, but I havent found it yet... anyone hear anything about this? (if you all find a link, post it for me, please). :D

Sorry, couldn't find anything on the story. Sounds like kerry though!

lilcountriegal said:
I listen to a Florida radio station while at work... they reported that John Kerry was out for dinner with his wife and a few others and their bill came to $262.00. How much of a tip did he leave? $0 . Cheap bastard. Ive been looking for a link to read up more on it, but I havent found it yet...

Do you believe everything you hear on Floridian radio?

Personally I don't care what she says or how. She's not a candidate, isn't even from this country and continuously trades on a name to which she is not entitled (Heinz). She is useless as far as I am concerned except as to her influence over Kerry. Although it appears that with or without her, he's liberal.

Amazing how democrats decided to put Nancy Reagan on hot coals for her influence over her husband (who, having started politics late in life after other successful careers, had a particluar political bent even so) yet they laud this vacuous, unintelligent person every chance they get.

Yuck.

Oh, but, perhaps she ought to "cut to the tape" of the conversation and just admit she misspoke then. What an ego!

nycflasher said:
Do you believe everything you hear on Floridian radio?

Flasher... do you have a hard on for me today or something? WTF is your problem?

I asked if anyone has heard the story and could give a link. Quit riding my ass already.. your lover will be jealous.

lilcountriegal said:
Flasher... do you have a hard on for me today or something? WTF is your problem?

I asked if anyone has heard the story and could give a link. Quit riding my ass already.. your lover will be jealous.

Its that avatar. He hates the sexuality it exudes.

Moi said:
Personally I don't care what she says or how. She's not a candidate, isn't even from this country and continuously trades on a name to which she is not entitled (Heinz). She is useless as far as I am concerned except as to her influence over Kerry. Although it appears that with or without her, he's liberal.

Amazing how democrats decided to put Nancy Reagan on hot coals for her influence over her husband (who, having started politics late in life after other successful careers, had a particluar political bent even so) yet they laud this vacuous, unintelligent person every chance they get.

Yuck.

Oh, but, perhaps she ought to "cut to the tape" of the conversation and just admit she misspoke then. What an ego!

I do care about what Terrezza Heinz Kerry says. I think it's irresponsible and very bad politics not to. Of course, if it hurts Kerry's campaign I don't care about that :D

She would be (if he won) the wife of the most powerful man in the world. His power would rub off on her. What would she DO with that power if she had it? She would of course have various duties to perform in the role of First Lady. She would be meeting and greeting leaders from all over the world as well as visiting other countries in a representative capacity. I know I would not want to be represented by her. God knows what idiotic garbage she would spew in public and private settings. This could indirectly hurt our country. She would also have a lot of influence over people in Washington and around our country and would be setting an example.

Can you imagine Laura Bush telling someone to "shove it"?

It is the people surrounding the candidate that reflect upon the man himself. Why do you think Kerry distanced himself so quickly from Burglar? But he can't get away from his own wife and I don't think she is reflecting upon Kerry very well at all.

``We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics,'' the wife of Sen. John Kerry told her fellow Pennsylvanians on Sunday night at a Massachusetts Statehouse reception.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editorial page editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, questioned her on what she meant by the term ``un-American,'' according to a tape of the encounter recorded by Pittsburgh television station WTAE.

Heinz Kerry said, ``I didn't say that'' several times to McNickle. She then turned to confer with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and others. When she faced McNickle again a short time later, he continued to question her, and she replied, ``You said something I didn't say. Now shove it.''

This seems to be the most important part of her behavior on this incident. She says something(un-american) then when questioned about her statements she claims to have never said it. That is really telling of her character and approach. This should matter in so much that she is a part of the campaign and is linked to Kerry wether or not she is on the ballet. Kerry will inpart be judge by his wife's actions and how he reacts to them.

MtnBiker said:
This seems to be the most important part of her behavior on this incident. She says something(un-american) then when questioned about her statements she claims to have never said it. That is really telling of her character and approach. This should matter in so much that she is a part of the campaign and is linked to Kerry wether or not she is on the ballet. Kerry will inpart be judge by his wife's actions and how he reacts to them.

The second most telling part of the incident was that she didn't make the second confrontation until she realized that he was from a conservative newspaper. Had no one told her this she would have went on her merry way. Someone mentioned it to her and she made it a point to go back and tell him off.

Forum List

Back