Heinz-Kerry: "John would avoid war"

Yeah, sad as it is, you just can't beat Heinz Ketchup.

Travel tip from the Flying Duck:

I've been to many foreign countries where Heinz Ketchup is nowhere to be found. To me, this is a HUGE problem.

The secret: Go to the Hard Rock Cafe - they always have Heinz Ketchup.

Last night Frontline PBS aired a special profiling each candidate.

I would have to admit that Kerry is the better man. There is no comparison between the hardworking responsible paths that he took in life and the responsibility ducking, screw off, hard partying path that Bush chose.

Even though Kerry is the better man, he is not the right man for the White House or the man to lead us in this time of turmoil.
The Frontline special will air again this week.
Watching it you can plainly see that Kerry is much more of a Diplomat like his Father. In every problem he has wanted to take more time, talk, and use concessions and sanctions. He tries to avoid war at all possible cost.

On the contrast is Bush; the biggest defining moment in the show where you can see the difference between the two men.
Where it is clear that Bush does not hesitate, have any doubts or regrets in a life or death situation, is during a press conference as governor of Texas.
In this press conference, watch his short carefree matter of fact statement. You see no doubt at all. Despite the enormous lobby attempt by every pastor, politician and citizen in Texas and the World, he does not grant a stay of execution for a fellow Christian and only female inmate to be executed in modern times. As Governor, Bush has carried out more executions in Texas then any other state in America.

As a volunteer and veteran of the Armed Forces, that is whom I want for Commander in Chief. I want a leader who can make a life or death decision in a blink of an eye and not lose sleep over it.

You say support the troops, you say give us the tools and equipment to do the job. Then give us a leader who does not waver.

White knight said:

I would have to admit that Kerry is the better man. There is no comparison between the hardworking responsible paths that he took in life and the responsibility ducking, screw off, hard partying path that Bush chose.

Even though Kerry is the better man, he is not the right man for the White House or the man to lead us in this time of turmoil.
Watching it you can plainly see that Kerry is much more of a Diplomat like his Father. In every problem he has wanted to take more time, talk, and use concessions and sanctions. He tries to avoid war at all possible cost.

On the contrast is Bush; the biggest defining moment in the show where you can see the difference between the two men.
Where it is clear that Bush does not hesitate, have any doubts or regrets in a life or death situation, is during a press conference as governor of Texas.
In this press conference, watch his short carefree matter of fact statement. You see no doubt at all. Despite the enormous lobby attempt by every pastor, politician and citizen in Texas and the World, he does not grant a stay of execution for a fellow Christian and only female inmate to be executed in modern times. As Governor, Bush has carried out more executions in Texas then any other state in America.

As a volunteer and veteran of the Armed Forces, that is whom I want for Commander in Chief. I want a leader who can make a life or death decision in a blink of an eye and not lose sleep over it.

You say support the troops, you say give us the tools and equipment to do the job. Then give us a leader who does not waver.

Because someone is a diplomat, does not make them a better man. In my opinion, diplomacy fails more often than not and merely delays the inevitable.

CSM said:
Because someone is a diplomat, does not make them a better man. In my opinion, diplomacy fails more often than not and merely delays the inevitable.

agreed---a diplomat is often just an overpaid horse-trader who is completely ignorant when it comes to decisive actions that involve risk taking.
(ass-kissers,brown-nosers and people pleasers)

White knight said:
:gives:

What does it matter what paths each individual candidate took to get where they are today? What SHOULD matter is where they are right now. How they handle the situations that matter in the PRESENT.

Just because when I was in my earlier twenties and partied my little ass off on a nightly basis, skipping college classes due to a hangover doesnt make me an irresponsible adult as I am now. I work hard at a full time job and then go home and work even harder as a full-time mom. What does that beer that I drank when I was 20 have to do with the decisions I make at 32?

Holy HELL I wish people would wake up and step out of the past into the present.

lilcountriegal said:
Just because when I was in my earlier twenties and partied my little ass off on a nightly basis, skipping college classes due to a hangover doesnt make me an irresponsible adult as I am now. I work hard at a full time job and then go home and work even harder as a full-time mom. What does that beer that I drank when I was 20 have to do with the decisions I make at 32?

:laugh: Eeek, that would make me a complete and total write off.

The difference is taking the mistakes and learning from them. There is a serious problem if are still the same person you were at 20 when you are 30.

Wait hold on. When has Kerry ever worked hard? He spent 20 years in the Senate sitting on his butt. he ditched Vietnam early. He missed quite a large number of Senate meetings. hard work? The hardest Kerry has probably worked is probably trying to get married.

Wait hold on. When has Kerry ever worked hard? He spent 20 years in the Senate sitting on his butt. he ditched Vietnam early. He missed quite a large number of Senate meetings. hard work? The hardest Kerry has probably worked is probably trying to get married.

But has he changed? :D

White knight said:

First of all, PBS is about as liberal as you can get, so of course the program would paint a picture like that. They're not off the scale yet, but they're steadily moving toward the red line.

I agree with Lil', what Dubya did when he was a young man has no bearing on the man he is today. I think all of us can agree that damn near everyone has gone through the party stage, it's natural. Bush is human, for God's sake! What's wrong with partying when you're a youngster?

Although I don't know the man, I'm quite certain that Kerry pounded down a few brewskis at a kegger when he was a young man too. Looking at his pictures as he was telling lies at anti-war protests with Hanoi Jane, I'd bet my last beer that he was familiar with a bong.

I never hear anyone bringing up Kerry's partying past, probably because there's real flaws with him instead of digging up inconsenquential bullshit to piss and moan about.

This is something that liberals don't get : we didn't ask for terrorists to declare war upon us. We don't have a choice! He's not fit for leadership of this country, according to men who served alongside him in Vietnam. They'd sure as hell know what he's all about, and I'd trust their judgement a helluva lot more than PBS.

Another favorite bullshit liberal argument. Bush was NOT the Judge and Jury. He didn't convict anyone. He didn't order anyone's death. He didn't put anyone behind bars. He was the freakin Governor!

Texas has Capitol Punishment. That woman was found guilty by a jury of her peers. A Judge did his/her duty as per the job description. Nothing to do with Bush.

How in the hell is Bush responsible for how many people the Judicial Branch of Texas sentenced to death?

Why would he over rule what the State of Texas legally decided to do? What does a 'fellow Christian' have to do with anything? Laws are laws, he was right in allowing the execution to take place, rather than stepping in and over ruling what had been decided by the proper authorities.

If the Libs really have a beef with Capitol Punishment In Texas, they need to deal with it in the proper way to do away with it instead of using twisted logic to pin it on Bush.

White knight said:

Funny thing is, I believe kerry was spotted buying a video camera and directors chair right before filming began. :thup: :puke: self promoting egotisticle or testicle he seems to be... :(

CSM said:
Exactaly, I want a man of action. Not a man of long Reflection.

lilcountriegal said:
:gives:

What does it matter what paths each individual candidate took to get where they are today? What SHOULD matter is where they are right now. How they handle the situations that matter in the PRESENT.

Holy HELL I wish people would wake up and step out of the past into the present.

I agree, but sometimes substance abuse has long term effects.
Being a late Bloomer can also be a asset. I feel he is the right man for this time.

NightTrain said:
First of all, PBS is about as liberal as you can get, so of course the program would paint a picture like that. They're not off the scale yet, but they're steadily moving toward the red line.

It's hard to dispute the story when most of the people telling it are his family, friends and former associates. Besides most of this is old news

I agree with Lil', what Dubya did when he was a young man has no bearing on the man he is today. I think all of us can agree that damn near everyone has gone through the party stage, it's natural. Bush is human, for God's sake! What's wrong with partying when you're a youngster?

Nothing, but when your grown up and married with kids and don't know when to quit, (maybe past age of 33) Don't you think there is substance abuse problem there?.

Although I don't know the man, I'm quite certain that Kerry pounded down a few brewskis at a kegger when he was a young man too. Looking at his pictures as he was telling lies at anti-war protests with Hanoi Jane, I'd bet my last beer that he was familiar with a bong.

I never hear anyone bringing up Kerry's partying past, probably because there's real flaws with him instead of digging up inconsenquential bullshit to piss and moan about.

Another favorite bullshit liberal argument. Bush was the Judge and Jury. He didn't convict anyone. He didn't order anyone's death. He didn't put anyone behind bars. He was the freakin Governor!

Most states don't actually carry out their death sentences. They don't have the balls to actually carry them out. Something like don't ask don't tell policy, they look the other way or just keep granting stays of execution while the lawyers burn up time. It was big news when any state had a execution. With Texas it was routine thing.
Example "Texas came under especially strong national scrutiny in 2000 for two reasons: one is because it led the nation in executions -- more than all other 37 death-penalty states combined. The other reason is because Texas Governor George W. Bush was running for President, and by March, he had effectively won the Republican Party nomination." (Source=http://www.txexecutions.org/default.asp)

Texas has Capitol Punishment. That woman was found guilty by a jury of her peers. A Judge did his/her duty as per the job description. Nothing to do with Bush.

It was a big issue at the time, The last women to be executed prior to her was During WW II, 1953 Ethal Rosenberg, she and her husband were covicted of spying, So even though there were many women on death row in other states, the public was sqimish in thoes days. The thought of killing Karla Faye Tucker was very uncomfortabel to most decent Americans in 1998.(http://www.geocities.com/trctl11/karla.html)

How in the hell is Bush responsible for how many people the Judicial Branch of Texas sentenced to death?

Why would he over rule what the State of Texas legally decided to do? What does a 'fellow Christian' have to do with anything? Laws are laws, he was right in allowing the execution to take place, rather than stepping in and over ruling what had been decided by the proper authorities.

When Bush quit drinking and became a born again, he said a prayer of transgression and was forgivenness for his sins and accepted into the Christian Community. This Women also became a very relgious Christian while in prison and prayed just as he did and asked for his forgivness for her sins. lol
I really think it is funny how some people can't accept the truth for what it is. Yeah most of this stuff is old news that is commonly accepted as fact. Do your own checking
It’s really funny. I can accept these as truths about Bush and still support him. Yet when some people are confronted with the truth and it does not match their agenda they become really defensive and feel they have to discredit the sources.
When you tote the party line and limit yourself to Liberal or Conservative you confine yourself to 2 dimensional thinking, as opposed to thinking outside the box in 3 dimensions. Thats one of the problems in this world.

White knight said:
When you tote the party line and limit yourself to Liberal or Conservative you confine yourself to 2 dimensional thinking, as opposed to thinking outside the box in 3 dimensions. Thats one of the problems in this world.

Who wants to bet that WK is another fake conservative? He's spouting off about 3-d thinking and problems in the world, he doesn't like jews, he doesn't like "labels". Hmmmm. I'm beginning to wonder.

rtwngAvngr said:
Who wants to bet that WK is another fake conservative? He's spouting off about 3-d thinking and problems in the world, he doesn't like jews, he doesn't like "labels". Hmmmm. I'm beginning to wonder.

Actually, I'm not one party or the other. Why box your self in.

If there was a problem to be solved and you had to choose which group to work with.
Would you choose the liberal party or the conservative party?
I would choose the group of independent, intelligent freethinking people. These type of people are more prone to not be stuck in one line of thinking and thus more likely to come up with several excellent solutions. I get a kick out of you guys that tote your hard party line, whether it be commi pinko liberal, right wing nut job, Muslim, Jew or Christian. lol , your cursed forever to tow your party line whether it works or not.

It amuses me how people can’t see the real truth behind the two party system. In a two party system ordinary people are the pawns in a chest game between, well you know whom.
Ordinary people only get a small taste of participating in a democracy (neither party is really yours) Could you imagine how difficult it would be if the true powers behind our Black and White chess pieces, had to lobby, had to invest in multi-party platforms? One that mine truly represent the interest of the poor fool who thought that his old two party candidate, If elected would actually go to Washington and do something for him.

If you ask who I will vote for in November? My answer is Bush. Why? He’s is the best man for the job. What is the Job? Break the nation and possibly the world. If it ain’t broke you can’t fix it.
In much the Way Osama Bin Ladden, in his own twisted way has done a great service to our nation and the world, Bush is doing the same. They have both caused a great strife in the world. Never before has our nation been so polarized. Never before has our nation seemed so cold and distant to our neighbors across the seas. Never before have so many people in America and throughout the world done so much inner reflection.
So you see, much in the same way an alcoholic or drug addict will continue to keep abusing until they reach that point. That sharp point of life or death, where something has to be change in order to continue to survive.
People in a nation as a whole can be this same way, happy to keep getting high with their new found cultural fortunes, blindly following their path of destruction, until they reach that point where they realize, they just can’t keep going on like this. They have to change. They are forced to change in order to survive.

Dam, shame on me!
I should not be concerned with any problems of the world, it does not effect me. I do not have to travel the world playing in these troubled little hot spots. My tax dollars don’t go to fix these problems.
Your right, I should order a pizza and pick up a six-pack. The OC comes on tonight, maybe I can watch one of those hip reality shows.

As far as not liking Jews, come on your trying to put words in my mouth.
Since you are so sensitive and perceive any criticisms of Israel as not liking Jews, I’m guessing you are Jewish.

NO ONE DARE CRITICIZE ISRAEL.

I just don’t like you or AJ. Both of you are sensitive, combative and annoying. It’s getting old already
If that’s what it means to be anti-Jewish, then so be it. Who cares? Not me.

Forum List

Back