Heinz-Kerry: "John would avoid war"

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by -Cp, Oct 11, 2004.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
  2. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Probably the only thing Kerry and I have in common.

3. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    It galls me that I am forced to continue to support Heinz. It really is the best ketchup.

4. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah, sad as it is, you just can't beat Heinz Ketchup.

Travel tip from the Flying Duck:

I've been to many foreign countries where Heinz Ketchup is nowhere to be found. To me, this is a HUGE problem.

The secret: Go to the Hard Rock Cafe - they always have Heinz Ketchup.

5. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :laugh:

6. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Hehehe. Bullseye.
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

7. White knight

White knight Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night Frontline PBS aired a special profiling each candidate.

I would have to admit that Kerry is the better man. There is no comparison between the hardworking responsible paths that he took in life and the responsibility ducking, screw off, hard partying path that Bush chose.

Even though Kerry is the better man, he is not the right man for the White House or the man to lead us in this time of turmoil.
    The Frontline special will air again this week.
    Watching it you can plainly see that Kerry is much more of a Diplomat like his Father. In every problem he has wanted to take more time, talk, and use concessions and sanctions. He tries to avoid war at all possible cost.

On the contrast is Bush; the biggest defining moment in the show where you can see the difference between the two men.
    Where it is clear that Bush does not hesitate, have any doubts or regrets in a life or death situation, is during a press conference as governor of Texas.
    In this press conference, watch his short carefree matter of fact statement. You see no doubt at all. Despite the enormous lobby attempt by every pastor, politician and citizen in Texas and the World, he does not grant a stay of execution for a fellow Christian and only female inmate to be executed in modern times. As Governor, Bush has carried out more executions in Texas then any other state in America.

As a volunteer and veteran of the Armed Forces, that is whom I want for Commander in Chief. I want a leader who can make a life or death decision in a blink of an eye and not lose sleep over it.

You say support the troops, you say give us the tools and equipment to do the job. Then give us a leader who does not waver.

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Because someone is a diplomat, does not make them a better man. In my opinion, diplomacy fails more often than not and merely delays the inevitable.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    agreed---a diplomat is often just an overpaid horse-trader who is completely ignorant when it comes to decisive actions that involve risk taking.
    (ass-kissers,brown-nosers and people pleasers)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    :gives:

What does it matter what paths each individual candidate took to get where they are today? What SHOULD matter is where they are right now. How they handle the situations that matter in the PRESENT.

Just because when I was in my earlier twenties and partied my little ass off on a nightly basis, skipping college classes due to a hangover doesnt make me an irresponsible adult as I am now. I work hard at a full time job and then go home and work even harder as a full-time mom. What does that beer that I drank when I was 20 have to do with the decisions I make at 32?

Holy HELL I wish people would wake up and step out of the past into the present.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2