Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Now if he can get it distributed:

http://brain-terminal.com/posts/2005/08/15/telegraph-profile

Meet the Right-Wing Michael Moore
By Damian Thompson
The Daily Telegraph
13 August 2005
Evan Coyne Maloney - Colgate smile, V-necked T-shirt, hint of gel in his hair - could have jumped out of a Gap poster. He's sitting in the Starbucks at a bookshop in Union Square, Manhattan, typing nonchalantly into his laptop. At 32, he is just old enough to have burnt his fingers on a dotcom, but he still exudes optimism.

"Very cool to meet you," he says.

Why, then, do the police keep being called to eject this trendy but polite young man from official premises? He is not even sure how many times this has happened over the past year. "Five? Six? I've lost count. Call it half a dozen."

Maloney is an undercover documentary film-maker whose first feature, [Indoctrinate U], scheduled for release early next year, will lay bare the hypocrisy of what he calls the most self-righteous people in America - and possibly cost them millions of dollars. That is where the cops come in.

Judging by the rough cut, the movie will be as slick and incisive as anything by Michael Moore. But Maloney has a dark secret - and if the woman sipping camomile tea and reading Maya Angelou at the next table knew about it, she would move to the other end of the room.

Despite ticking so many Democrat boxes - Irish name, New Yorker, software designer, gay-friendly, non-churchgoer - Evan Maloney is a Republican. And he is on a mission to expose through his film what he sees as the astonishingly vicious persecution of conservative students by university professors and administrators.

For those who admire what he is doing, he is the Anti-Michael Moore: young, patriotic and single-chinned. Yet, while holding Moore's views in contempt, Maloney has plenty in common with him (or at least with the younger Moore, in the days before he flew in corporate jets and pigged out at the Ritz).

Righteous anger, for a start. He jabs a finger towards the boiling asphalt of Union Square. "Right here, two days after 9/11, there was a demonstration of people saying we got what we deserved. I was sickened - it was like saying a rape victim had it coming because she dressed provocatively. That's when my passion for politics reignited."

But it was a television news item that turned Maloney into a film-maker. In January 2003, PBS - America's liberal, publicly funded broadcaster - carried a report of a demonstration in Washington DC against the Iraq war. "The script went to great pains to present the protesters as the voice of mainstream America," says Maloney.

"But the words were at odds with what we were seeing, which was hate-crazed extremists carrying pictures of Bush with a swastika. None of this was mentioned. Effectively, I was being lied to by a media organisation that takes my taxes to put out propaganda.

"That was when I decided I was going to film the next demonstration, interview the protesters and record the sort of things they say to close friends over a drink." Maloney duly hired a camera and took it to an anti-war rally in New York. Smiling naively, he asked demonstrators how they would compare Bush and Hitler. "There are so many analogies," sighed one protester. " The difference is the moustache," volunteered another.

For his next trick, Maloney and a couple of friends infiltrated a peace march in San Francisco. They were indistinguishable from the marchers, except in one important respect - their own placards read: "Saddam Hussein only kills his own people, so it's none of our business."

When the protesters noticed, they were incandescent. "Are you people from the suburbs?" "Do you realise that your ancestors killed millions of Native Americans?"

Maloney also attempted to commiserate with dejected Democrats protesting against Bush at his second inauguration in January this year. Adopting a super-friendly manner, he distributed plastic dolls of Hillary Clinton and Michael Moore as "consolation prizes". There were squeals of delight from Bush-haters - but, alas, he soon ran out of Hillary and Mike dolls.

"I only have Osama bin Laden left," he told the crowd. The Democrats thought for a moment, then one after another, accepted the proffered action figures of the mastermind of 9/11. "Cut," Maloney told his cameraman.

By this stage, he was making a name for himself as the fresh-faced tormentor of the Left. Days after he put his first film on his website (brain-terminal.com), Fox News broadcast it on television. But something was missing. "There I was, volunteering for service in Hillary's 'vast Right-wing conspiracy' - and no one from the conspiracy had offered me a cent," he says...

Good for him. These days, anyone with a camera can go do that and have a lot of fun, too. The best way to get over on your opponents is to show them as they truly are. Ask questions. Really, asking questions can be one of the most subversive acts.

Maloney also attempted to commiserate with dejected Democrats protesting against Bush at his second inauguration in January this year. Adopting a super-friendly manner, he distributed plastic dolls of Hillary Clinton and Michael Moore as "consolation prizes". There were squeals of delight from Bush-haters - but, alas, he soon ran out of Hillary and Mike dolls.

"I only have Osama bin Laden left," he told the crowd. The Democrats thought for a moment, then one after another, accepted the proffered action figures of the mastermind of 9/11. "Cut," Maloney told his cameraman

Wow....

fuzzykitten99 said:
i will pay to see the film. i refused to see fakenheit 9/11.

I have a copy of Farenheit 9/11 given me by a friend, I also have Celsius 41.11 that I purchased. I wouldn't have spent a dime on the movie, but wanted it for my propaganda collection.

Forum List

Back