heckuva job, dude

as for him saying heckuvajob, the only reason it was jokeworthy was because baby bush used it in reference to brownie who most certainly DID NOT do a heckuvajob...

but it's kind of funny to see people get cranky about it. ;)

It went over my head.

I should have memorized everything "baby bush" said.:confused:

Obama wants to be seen as an 'every guy' kind of president. He attempts to project a 'one of you' attitude, as opposed to a 'presidential' one. That's why Stewart didn't think twice of calling him dude. Had it been any other president Stewart wouldn't have gone there, imo.

mike_rowe1258384367_xlarge.jpg

:hitit:

Obama wants to be seen as an 'every guy' kind of president. He attempts to project a 'one of you' attitude, as opposed to a 'presidential' one. That's why Stewart didn't think twice of calling him dude. Had it been any other president Stewart wouldn't have gone there, imo.

His preachy cadence of overused metaphore is getting old.

By the summer of 2012, Joe Six-Pack will reflexively vomit whenever a "car in a ditch" is mentioned.

Actually, Deadliest Catch is what propelled him into Dirty Jobs.

Yeah I know.

Mike Rowe is hilarious and he's got a great voice.

My wife says she's going to leave me for him.

Mike is an Eagle Scout who supports Scouting. I got to see him this past summer at the National Jamboree where he was the key speaker of the closing arena show.

Scouting mikeroweWORKS

Eagle Scout Letter mikeroweWORKS

A Ray of Hope mikeroweWORKS

2010 National Jamboree Shining Light – Full Broadcast! mikeroweWORKS

I can stomach, barely, POTUS appearing on the Daily Show. It's at least a topical show focused on current events.

But MythBusters? How un-presidential can you get? What's next? Top Gear? Dirty Jobs?

Pawn Stars is trying to set up a segment where Obama attempts to pawn a signed copy of 'Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream' to Chumlee.

The Daily Show host was giving Obama a tough time about hiring the conventional and Clintonian Larry Summers as his top economic advisor.

"In fairness," the president replied defensively, "Larry Summers did a heckuva job."

"You don't want to use that phrase, dude," Stewart recommended with a laugh.

Dude. The indignity of a comedy show host calling the commander in chief "dude" pretty well captured the moment for Obama. He was making this first-ever appearance by a president on the Daily Show as part of a long-shot effort to rekindle the spirit of '08. In the Daily Show, Obama had a friendly host and an even friendlier crowd.

But, as in his MTV appearance a couple of weeks ago, Obama didn't try to connect with his youthful audience. He was serious and defensive, pointing a finger at his host several times as he quarreled with the premise of a question.

On the Daily Show, Obama is the last laugh

an empty suit's empty suit speaks :lol:

I just watched the episode. The "indignity" of Stewart calling him dude flew under my radar. It was probably his attempt at levity, to keep the interview from becoming a live audience version of Charlie Rose.

The interview was interesting. Obama did a good job framing his policies in a more realistic timeline--what Congress has done, and how that relates to the long-term objectives--and staying away from the "Republiturds iz mean 2 me" angle. Stewart should have challenged him on DADT, Gitmo, and why Obama hasn't pushed harder for disclosure legislation in the wake of Citizen's United.

But Mythbusters? Come on now, Mr Prez. :doubt:

What's wrong with saying "Heckuva Job?"

Fer christssakes, I say "heckuva" all the goddamn time, and I'm fuckkin proud of it!!

Fuckin' John Stewart and his Elitist Punk Ass.:evil:

heckuva of a job brownie...

Forum List

Back