Heatwave, Europe, France will be grilling for at least 8 days

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, if you come on vacation this week in France, Paris and its surroundings will have temperatures of 48 celsius with humidity ... Never seen in June.

Part-GTY-1024867228-1-1-0_field_mise_en_avant_principale_1_0.jpg

heatwave_france.jpg

‘Potentially dangerous’ heatwave set to strike Europe

Hello, if you come on vacation this week in France, Paris and its surroundings will have temperatures of 48 celsius with humidity ... Never seen in June.

heatwave_france.jpg

LOL...

Wrong....

Historical records show that this temperature has been seen many times. We just didn't have recording devices during those times... MEWP (MidEvil Warm Period), RWP (Roman Warm Period), and as late as the 1930's according to French military records. Looks like the articles author didn't try very hard to vet this out.... More AGW hype...

2003 was in Europe a real desaster with a lot of decease but true if you go back it happen before and the hospital are already full + the firefighter are on strike

Yes, but you are used to its temperatures but in Normandy as an example they will be close to 48 celsius and the Normands do not like the heat at all.

Yes, but you are used to its temperatures but in Normandy as an example they will be close to 48 celsius and the Normands do not like the heat at all.
Normandy is right on the ocean and the current water temp is -2 deg C from average. IF it makes this level of temperature it will be very short lived. A few days at most before the off shore temps retake the area. Its the blocking High which will be causing the warm up. Looking at the pressures of the high it won't last long, as the pressures are vasolating, indicating it is weakening.

heatwave_france.jpg

Welp I had to use the old "Celcius to Farenheit" converter--that is hot. Really hot. When I was in Europe many years ago lots of places did not even have air conditioning, so that will be a difficult heat wave!

Big whoop. It’s hotter than that here in Vegas almost every day

But of course Vegas is universally built for it: AC everywhere and everyone knows how to deal with it. Same thing as when it snows here in the Great Lakes vs. when it snows in say, Alabama. We know how to deal with it and have the equipment for it. They do not.

Normandy is right on the ocean and the current water temp is -2 deg C from average. IF it makes this level of temperature it will be very short lived. A few days at most before the off shore temps retake the area. Its the blocking High which will be causing the warm up. Looking at the pressures of the high it won't last long, as the pressures are vasolating, indicating it is weakening.
Finally Normandy will not be affected as announce so much better because members of my family are there to escape the bowl where we live in Vienne close to Lyon

heatwave_france.jpg

Welp I had to use the old "Celcius to Farenheit" converter--that is hot. Really hot. When I was in Europe many years ago lots of places did not even have air conditioning, so that will be a difficult heat wave!
There is no air conditioning in stores since a few years and even in hospitals because they tell us about the global warming that would be due for one of the reason to air conditioning but in the winter it heats at full speed. A country of contradiction.

Big whoop. It’s hotter than that here in Vegas almost every day

But of course Vegas is universally built for it: AC everywhere and everyone knows how to deal with it. Same thing as when it snows here in the Great Lakes vs. when it snows in say, Alabama. We know how to deal with it and have the equipment for it. They do not.
In Vegas the nights are colder

heatwave_france.jpg

There is no air conditioning in stores since a few years and even in hospitals because they tell us about the global warming that would be due for one of the reason to air conditioning but in the winter it heats at full speed. A country of contradiction.

Hold on.

What.

There is no air conditioning in HOSPITALS because of....global warming????

Oh, Europe. What in the world.

heatwave_france.jpg

Hold on.

What.

I do not the have information for all hospitals in France but I know that several hospitals do not have air conditioning, last summer I was with an acquaintance early morning for a bloodletting and it was 100,4 Fahrenheit in the waiting room and during the bloodletting he almost had a discomfort , it's me who cooled him with a fan after he felt better.

heatwave_france.jpg

Hold on.

What.

I do not the have information for all hospitals in France but I know that several hospitals do not have air conditioning, last summer I was with an acquaintance early morning for a bloodletting and it was 100,4 Fahrenheit in the waiting room and during the bloodletting he almost had a discomfort , it's me who cooled him with a fan after he felt better.

That is ridiculous. So many things could happen to patients when it's that hot.

You're doing so much better in English than I would ever do in French, believe that--and I took French in high school. However I think the translation you want is "blood transfusion". :) "Bloodletting" in English means a medieval practice of simply draining blood, sometimes to extract "poison" from the blood. I'm thinking you didn't mean that?

heatwave_france.jpg

Hold on.

What.

You're doing so much better in English than I would ever do in French, believe that--and I took French in high school. However I think the translation you want is "blood transfusion". :) "Bloodletting" in English means a medieval practice of simply draining blood, sometimes to extract "poison" from the blood. I'm thinking you didn't mean that?
Thank you, I'm doing a good job I think but sometimes I have trouble finding the right words in English:) and Yes I wanted to say Bloodletting is to remove the excess of iron in the liver.

Hold on.

What.

Thank you, I'm doing a good job I think but sometimes I have trouble finding the right words in English:) and Yes I wanted to say Bloodletting is to remove the excess of iron in the liver.

Whoa....all right then!

Forum List

Back