Heath care restucture, reform, big savings.

It's all become very complicated for anyone. I'm trying to think simple for them. And by the way I don't want goverment run health control. This idea is for a program already run by the goverment and has been for years.

Simple is this: you are responsible for yourself.

That's about as simple as it gets. Plan for the future, work hard, save money.

Thanks. Sounds to me like that is just prohibiting competion. Not good. Sounds like another mistake adding to how we got to this point.

OK, let me try.

If the insurance companies gave you a checklist, and you could determing what you would like to be covered for, you would determine what you could afford.

There would be folks who currently have no healthcare insurance due to cost, who could now budget and buy same.

Make sense?

How about these:

1. Doctors currently have no ability to re-price or re-package their services that way every other professional does. Medicare dictates what it pays for and what it won’t pay for, and the final price. Because of this there are no telephone consultations paid for, and the same for e-mails, normal in every other profession.
Most doctors don’t digitize records, thus they cannot use software that allows electronic prescription, and make it easier to detect drug interactions or dosage mistakes. Again, Medicare doesn’t pay for it.

2. Another free market idea aimed at better quality is have warranties for surgery as we do for cars. 17% of Medicare patients who enter a hospital re-enter within 30 days because of a problem connected to the original surgery. The result is that a hospital makes money on its mistakes!

3. Walk-in clinics are growing around the country, where a registered nurse sits at a computer, the patient describes symptoms, the nurse types it in and follows a computerized protocol, the nurse can prescribe electronically, and the patient sees the price in advance.

4. To reduce healthcare costs, increase the number of doctors. Obama care would do the opposite. Both tax incentives and support of the tuition of medical school.

5. Identify the 8-10 million who need and are unable to get healthcare, including those with pre-existing conditions,and provide debit cards as is done for food stamps:

"Food debit cards help 27 million people buy food, similar to the number who need help buying health coverage. In all fifty states, debit card technology has transformed the federal food stamp program, which used to be notorious for fraud and abuse. (Only 2 percent of card users are found to be ineligible, according to the General Accounting Office.) Cards are loaded with a specific dollar amount monthly, depending on family size and income, and allow cardholders to shop anywhere. The same strategy could be adapted to provide purchasing power to families who need help buying high-deductible health coverage. It's what all Americans used to buy (see chart 5), and it's all that's needed for families with moderate incomes, who can afford a routine doctor visit. "
http://defendyourhealthcare.us/downgradinghealthcare.html

I like all of that except the last one, that is stealing from me to give to someone else.

The health care debate is taking place now. Please contact those representing you and give them your concerns and any solutions you may have. I have sent my solution for consideration . Restructure Medicare and Medicaid. Let Capitalism take care of rest. ( With tort reform.) I feel I have done something anyhow.

Forum List

Back