Heat

this has absolutely NOTHING to do with gorebal warming

Actually, two of them were started by lightning. And, i would also like to point out that when you have a fire this big and this much devastation to the environment, there are going to be many local climactic problems. I mean, it is nothing compared to what a super-volcanic eruption could do, but there are going to be environmental effects anyway.
i hadnt seen that any had been started by lightning
just arson
but, the devastation will effect the local enviroment, no doubt
but global warming did not cause these fires

Crown fires - those are bloody scary things. I've only every seen film and that's all I ever want to see.

I know that the sceptics will be on me like a tonne (we're metric ya know :D) of bricks, but I do think that climate change is an issue here. You've pointed out the changes in the Pacific NW and I assure any doubters that there is ample evidence of climate change in this country. It may or may not be anthropomorphic (what would I know) but it's there and we down here need to manage it. If that requires a change in the way we live then so be it.

I'm not a radical greenie, in fact they put me right off with their totally unreasonable and doctrinaire responses, give them a millimetre and they'll take a kilometre (we're metric ya know :D), but I'm more than happy to see the scientific evidence and then see some sensible, practical policy to deal with the environment in a positive manner.

I have fought on two crown fires, neither on of them major, and they are truly frightning. A tree a hundred yards from you will blow up, not burn, blow up, and the heat will make the skin on that side of your face feel like it is 'crinkling up'.

Crown fires in the US have been a fact of life for a long time. The worst of all did not occur in the Pacific Northwest, as would seem reasonable, but in Wisconson;
Peshtigo Fire Page

That's a terrible fire event. I think we're going to see an aftermath similar to Peshtigo, in social effects I mean, in Victoria. I was just listening to the radio and heard how two teachers perished and left three children. That's going to be replicated.

Forum List

Back