Heat

6 degrees farenheit in my neck of the woods.
The last two winters have been colder than we've had in decades in my neck of the woods. Global warming my ass.

Didn't you state that you are in Eastern Oregon. 6 degrees isn't bad for January over there.
That would be considered downright balmy in some areas of Eastern Oregon for January;

Seneca Oregons Icebox

I've been in Seneca when it's cold. I lived in Canyon City....thought I was going to have to walk home one night in the dead of winter. 25 miles all downhill, figured if I mostly ran I wouldn't freeze. I actually heard wolves..there have been wolves in this part of the country longer than people realize.

Thank goodness the cavalry arrived in time....

I've been in Seneca when it's cold. I lived in Canyon City....thought I was going to have to walk home one night in the dead of winter. 25 miles all downhill, figured if I mostly ran I wouldn't freeze. I actually heard wolves..there have been wolves in this part of the country longer than people realize.

Thank goodness the cavalry arrived in time....

You are correct about the wolves. I saw a large gray on the Van-Canyon road in 1975. On foot from Seneca to Canyon City in the winter? I am very glad that the calvery arrived in time. If a wind developed, running would not have helped. Been up and down that grade many times, with a truck that had a drill rig on the trailer. Really treacherous in the winter.

Don't know why you're complaining Diuretic, this sorta heat is the perfect excuse to go down to the beach and enjoy the scenery of young, thin, bikini-clad women.

Thin?

Sorry Kaz, I prefer women to look like women. Thin, bah! :hmpf:

Yeah man, thin...

Cosmo.jpg

Perfect figure Kaz, she had a perfect figure.

I get it now. I see all these skinny-arsed sheilas around the place, a decent breeze would knock them over, and they're like that because you young blokes like their straw-like bodies? :D

Poor little things, they're doomed to be stick girls all their lives, they should be allowed to become real women. :(

Perfect figure Kaz, she had a perfect figure.

I get it now. I see all these skinny-arsed sheilas around the place, a decent breeze would knock them over, and they're like that because you young blokes like their straw-like bodies? :D

Poor little things, they're doomed to be stick girls all their lives, they should be allowed to become real women. :(
just the idea that Marilyn was fat is mind boggling
i agree with you, who wants a skin and bone girl
sheesh, they are taking the runway model look and transposing it as beauty
what they forget is runway models are chosen because they make the CLOTHES look good, not vice versa
they are nothing more than human clothes hangers

No, I'm not one of those who argue that a few days this way or that is about global warming. I'm just cranky about the heat. 43c (110f) yesterday, 44c (111c) today and no relief until next week. Here we go again. :evil:

I spend the entire summer in 43c - 53c, the joys of las vegas

This is just absolutely awful.

Fourteen people are dead and at least 100 homes have been destroyed as fires burn over tens of thousands of hectares in Victoria and New South Wales.

Six have been killed at Kinglake, four at Wandong, three at Strathewen and one at Clonbinane. Police fear up to 40 people may have died.

Victorian Deputy Police Commissioner Kieran Walshe says he expects the toll to rise.

"Based on the fact we're only just getting into areas, these have been very significant fires, our concern is that it can get worse," he said.

Police say they will strive to confirm the identity of the people killed by the morning.

Victoria is bearing the brunt of the inferno with eleven major fire fronts.

14 dead in Victorian inferno - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
This is the state to the east of mine (Victoria), this is just absolutely terrible.

Forum List

Back