Heat Wave in US Turns "Brutal"

Thanx, Sarah G., you little USMB nymph!
You just reminded me of the 'Hot Nuts' song: (Circa, 1950's)

'Nuts! Hot nuts, get'em from the peanut man!
Nuts, hot nuts, get'em wherever you can....(refrain)

See that girl over there in pink, she's the one who made my finger stink!

Nuts, hot nuts, get'em from the peanut man!
Nuts, hot nuts.....(refrain)

See that man goin' up like a rocket....he got his nuts stuck in an electric socket!

Nuts, hot nuts, get'em from the peanut man!
Nuts, hot nuts, get'em wherever you can......

See that man over there lookin' mean, he got his nuts caught in a washin' machine!

Nuts, hot nuts...(refrain)

See Daveman over there against the wall, he ain't got no nuts at all!

Nuts, hot nuts, get'em from the peanut man.....(refrain)'

I have come to despise winter here, so today in comparison is not so bad. Too much shoveling, other than that, I love driving in the snow

92 and muggy here.

Mini Echo took an evening swim tonight, the water was perfect after a 94 degree day here, I do love swimming in the evenings during the summer!

We just had a HUGE storm here in Indy, as a matter of fact our power was out about 90 minutes,,,,but the good thing is....the temp dropped almost 20 degrees, ah sweet! :clap2:

Stick a fork in me .... cause I'm done.

It's disgusting here in MA today. It's not the heat, but the humidity.
The air is saturated and thick and it's difficult to breath. It's just gross!
I'd kill for some fresh dry air to fill my lungs with. Looking at the extended forecast ... relief is not in site.

I live in Oklahoma. We laugh when everyone whines about how hot it gets in their neck of the woods.

Same here, plus the humidity from the Gulf coastal breeze. The whiners cry out "Its sooooo hot". Let 'em come over and help me weed the garden this afternoon.

145 Years ago, our Southern ancestors and your yankee ones, were marching hundreds of miles in a matter of days. They did it in heavy wool uniforms with heavy packs on dirt roads choaked with dust. This incessant crying about summer heat, what a laugh.

Same here, K. Gotta love Chicagoland summers!

I leave next Thursday for 14 days in DC and Fort AP Hill in Virginia for the National Boy Scout Jamboree. If this one is anything like the one in 2005, every day will be hot and humid with indexes in the 105 to 110 range. Unfortunately, I sweat in a snow storm......literally.

I live in Oklahoma. We laugh when everyone whines about how hot it gets in their neck of the woods.

Same here, plus the humidity from the Gulf coastal breeze. The whiners cry out "Its sooooo hot". Let 'em come over and help me weed the garden this afternoon.

145 Years ago, our Southern ancestors and your yankee ones, were marching hundreds of miles in a matter of days. They did it in heavy wool uniforms with heavy packs on dirt roads choaked with dust. This incessant crying about summer heat, what a laugh.

Good Sir, never call an Okie a yankee. Them's fightin' words!!! :)

Good Sir, never call an Okie a yankee. Them's fightin' words!!! :)

Wasnt thinking in those terms. That was more of the editorial you for those unfortunates in the (northern) community. My apologies for not being more clear.

Last edited:
Ahhhh its 69 degrees and nice and cool here today :D

The climate changed again :rofl:
This is New England let's remember. Wait a sec ... the weather will change.

I'm not believing for a second PP that the temp has dropped to 69. Looks like the Heavens are about to open and pour down upon us. Of course I'm saying all this from my air-conditioned office.

Forum List

Back