Heat Wave in US Turns "Brutal"

It's actually been cooler here than usual the last few days, only in the 80s. But it's also been raining a lot, which does keep the temps down. We were having upper 90s, with heat index readings over 100. It was so hot the pool felt like a hot tub; I kept waiting to see the water start boiling.

Perfect July day, here on Maine's midcoast.

Hot in the day high 80s, maybe low 90s, and cool enough at night that a thin blanket is warranted.

One month a year (usually) this is truly the best place in America to live, weather-wise.

101 here...

Old Rocks correct....

Sensitive CO2 killing us...

Future generation heed this warning: CO2 is sensitive to criticism and will warm the planet to deat.......argggggghhhhhhhh h h h

Eastern MA will have another day in the mid 90's with extreme humidity. Right now the air is thick and still. Not even a slight breeze to speak of. Just plain nasty!

But hey, it could be worse.
It could be the middle of January with a Nor'easter bearing down on us. Frigid temps, blowing snow and ice. No thank you.

Eastern MA will have another day in the mid 90's with extreme humidity. Right now the air is thick and still. Not even a slight breeze to speak of. Just plain nasty!

It could be the middle of January with a Nor'easter bearing down on us. Frigid temps, blowing snow and ice. No thank you.

Amen. I 'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone --

Attachments

• $winter.jpg
    $winter.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 67
It was 104 yesterday but the humidity made it even worse. I still prefer it over winter though.

That's what I want.

Exactly my sentiment!

It's so hot where I live that I have to keep my testicles in a cup of crushed ice just to keep them from having a heat stroke.

You wimps back east haven't had these temps since 2001.
Stop yer whin'in!
We've been in a cool spell here for this time of year; fluctuates between 100 and 105, for the last month.

Oh hell yeah, I greatly prefer the heat to the snow. Driving on snowed and iced over roads is an absolute nightmare. I'll take the heat any day, because I can always pour myself a cold drink, or drive with the windows down.

I like the snow much better than this. The temps will be back down into the 80s soon but even that is too hot for me. Mid 70s are ok, 50s at night, that's when I'm the happiest.

Its 100 here in S. Jersey. This weather makes me soooo lazy. I don't feel like doing anything or going anywhere. Maybe pizza at home tonight. I can't even bring myself to go to the Acme.
Next time you're in Acme check the frozen lockers for California Flatbread Melts. Get the one in the saffron colored box (Chicken Barbecue). Perfect for these hot days. 2.5 minutes in the microwave and fold it. Light, delicious and filling. A nice break from pizza.

Forum List

Back