Heat Wave in US Turns "Brutal"

The past four days here in Massachusetts has been brutal! I'm sure today is no different, but I currently sit in an air-conditioned office.

Yesterday my theremometer at home read 102. Given the location of the sensor outside, I'd say that temp was a few degrees higher than the actual temp.

Weather.com is telling me the current temp is 98.

Damn.

What's the temp in your neck of the woods? Only 90 here in Indy right now,,,they say tomorrow is going to be the hottest day of the year for us.

Heat blankets US as workers return after holiday - Yahoo! News

It is def HOT! Should be about 94 today and hotter tomorrow.

I took my family to an ice cream place for lunch and their ice cream was melting so fast! :)

I'm back at work and have air plus my fan on me.. God help those without air this week. God speed.

Where Bootneck is it's 120 degrees some days, and he has to wear 120 pound worth of stuff on his kit. So I won't complain as I sit in my condo with A/C, or even in my car waiting for the A/C to kick in. We are spoiled here in America with our A/C. Trust me,,I don't have it at school and it sucks in August, but that's nothing compared to what our soldiers have to go through over in Iraq and Afghanistan in the summer~!

I live in Oklahoma. We laugh when everyone whines about how hot it gets in their neck of the woods.

We're not that used to it and it gets humid here. Last week was quite comfortable with lows in the 50s at night. It was a shock this morning to walk out into this.

I can almost take the heat, it's the freaking humidity that sucks~

When it gets hot like that I start rubbing the cats with a wet towel, soak their heads to keep them cool. :)

I can almost take the heat, it's the freaking humidity that sucks~
That's it.

It's 101f here in Central New Jersey but the humidity is 36%, which isn't bad. Once the humidity rises above 50%, even 80f is damn uncomfortable.

How is the humidity there in Iraq and Afghanistan? I'm assuming it's low in desert environments. And do the troops have any air conditioned relief in the permanent encampments?

hotdog350.jpg

Its 100 here in S. Jersey. This weather makes me soooo lazy. I don't feel like doing anything or going anywhere. Maybe pizza at home tonight. I can't even bring myself to go to the Acme.

On the coolish side here. We have the SF Fog-Air Conditioning system on high today.

Forum List

Back