Heartbreaking moment with my daughter...

My son starts kindergarten this fall, too. I'm sorta used to it, since he's my third one to start school. But there is still that emptiness in the house all day... one less baby by my side.

Here's a little story...After my oldest started kindergarten, my pastor was saying something about "letting go" in his sermon. We have a VERY small seed church, so people make comments through the sermon. Pastor says, "...so we put them on that big yellow bus, wave goodbye, then go back into the house to cry." Husband pipes up, "Josie didn't go back in to the house and cry. She jumped in the minivan and followed the bus!" I have to confess, I did!

mom4 said:
My son starts kindergarten this fall, too. I'm sorta used to it, since he's my third one to start school. But there is still that emptiness in the house all day... one less baby by my side.

Here's a little story...After my oldest started kindergarten, my pastor was saying something about "letting go" in his sermon. We have a VERY small seed church, so people make comments through the sermon. Pastor says, "...so we put them on that big yellow bus, wave goodbye, then go back into the house to cry." Husband pipes up, "Josie didn't go back in to the house and cry. She jumped in the minivan and followed the bus!" I have to confess, I did!

I've already told my wife I will be taking that day off to ride after her bus. It was very difficult for me to leave her at Pre-School that first day....

Yeah it's Michael Bolton, but the lyrics have always gotten to me:

Michael Bolton - Soul Of My Soul

Written by M. Bolton, D. Warren, W. Afanasieff

We may be strangers
We may be worlds apart sometimes
And it's hard to accept
The things we just don't understand
So blind to each other
We only see one side of nowhere
Some things we may never know
If there's one thing you should ever know

Soul of my soul, heart of my heart
The greatest treasure of my life that's what you are
Soul of my soul, child of my heart
I love you more than you know, soul of my soul

Into this world
We come with a heart that's open wide
And the best of this life
Is all I ever want for you
The love you believe in, your every dream
Your ever passion
In time I know you'll come to see
Nothin' means as much to me

Chorus

There'll come a time when you'll be on your own
But in your heart you're never far from home
Every road you take
your every living day
You'll always be, you will always be
The soul of my soul

Chorus

Soul of my soul, heart of my heart
Some kind of miracle of life that's what you are
Blood of my blood, light of my life
You mean much more than you know
Soul of my soul

Mom dropped my sis off at the bus stop and walked home crying but had to stop when she saw that my sis had already beat her home ! :teeth:

The chaufered ride to school went differently.

i think about this every day...how precious little time my son will be as small as he is. he is only 20 months old (already!), and I wish he could stay this little for longer than only a few years.

I don't want to not be able to hold his hand while walking to the park.

I want his feet to stay little and cute, smaller than my hand.

I want to always be able to look in on him while he's playing in his room, and watch him 'talk' to his fish in the tank.

I want to always be able to snuggle with him on my lap on the couch, and watch a movie or a tv show.

I want to always play 'monkey' with him, where he hangs onto my hands and i lift him up and swing him back and forth.

I want him to always be the size he is, so my husband will always be able to sit him on his back, and play 'horsey' around the living room.

I just want mine to stay small so that I will always be her hero. I cringe when I think about the time when I will go from her hero to the stupidest man in the world in .000001 seconds flat.

no1tovote4 said:
I just want mine to stay small so that I will always be her hero. I cringe when I think about the time when I will go from her hero to the stupidest man in the world in .000001 seconds flat.

At what age will they be dating?.......... :halo:

fuzzykitten99 said:
mine already has a girlfriend. my friend's 6 m.o. daughter Abby. every time they are here, he gives her kisses, and hugs her. he doesn't give any other girl babies he is around, the time of day.

LOL! My five-year old is known as a ladies' man. Probably bc he has 2 older sisters, he feels very comfortable with girls. Whenever we are at a gathering, Davy ususally hooks up with a chick. Last year at the neighborhood BBQ, he met Savannah, a brunette. They hugged, kissed, and pledged their undying love. Davy gave her a rock from our yard to remember him by. Then soccer season came, and he picked up a little blonde girl named Bailey. They share a mutual fascination with frogs and insects. He is currently enamoured with a redhead on his soccer team named Hailey. She doesn't pay him very much attention. Those redheads.... (JOZ :tng: )

mom4 said:
LOL! My five-year old is known as a ladies' man. Probably bc he has 2 older sisters, he feels very comfortable with girls. Whenever we are at a gathering, Davy ususally hooks up with a chick. Last year at the neighborhood BBQ, he met Savannah, a brunette. They hugged, kissed, and pledged their undying love. Davy gave her a rock from our yard to remember him by. Then soccer season came, and he picked up a little blonde girl named Bailey. They share a mutual fascination with frogs and insects. He is currently enamoured with a redhead on his soccer team named Hailey. She doesn't pay him very much attention. Those redheads.... (JOZ :tng: )

my son is not even 2, and he's already following his dad's footsteps

Forum List

Back