Heart to Palin - Quit using our song BITCH!

Thanks you for the welcome Shogun and thank you for proving to me once more, why it's alway's fun to debate a liberal, because when a liberal will always resort, to moronic behavior, i.e. name calling when they lack the mental capacity to argue with any intelligence. By the way, loved the proof from the ASCAP, since when did ASCAP start writing copyright law's ? this is a new concept to me, I was always under the impression that ASCAP was a membership association? could be wrong though.

jillian thank you for pointing that out to me, your arguement is clear and concise and much appreciated.

Indeed, When this liberal is using EVIDENCE on you like a master uses a whip, trust me, this is a mutually enjoyable interaction. Indeed, it takes a lot of intelligence to assert bullshit opinions as fact.. despite the legal FACT that will remove Heart's songs from Mccain's playlist.

Im sure you did love the ASCAP evidence since, up to this post, you've failed to provide anything but some obscure, uncited quote. ASCAP didn't write the laws.. but they are damn sure going to see that they are enforced while asshole political parties are out there pretending that they live above the law.

notice, jill's argument supports mine. Feel free to pay me for this lesson at your earliest convenience.

No worries. Hope it helped.

As for Shogun, he's not a liberal. I think you'll find him on your side of the aisle way more than on mine. And frankly, I won't take credit for him! ;)

Welcome aboard anyway.

aww jill.. dont be mad that every liberal is not afraid of guns and abortion compromises like you are. I mean, you may THINK you are the posterchild for liberalism but.. hey.. some of US have to keep this side of the political spectrum from falling into code pink territory.

aww jill.. dont be mad that every liberal is not afraid of guns and abortion compromises like you are. I mean, you may THINK you are the posterchild for liberalism but.. hey.. some of US have to keep this side of the political spectrum from falling into code pink territory.

I'm just pointing out you're not a liberal... and you're not. And you'd be a repub if they didn't like Israel.

Just sayin'

That's because this time you happen to be correct.... savor the moment. :eusa_angel:

I'm correct more often than you are reflective of classical liberalism, jillybean. In case you haven't noticed... your kind are to me what neocons are to them.

I'm just pointing out you're not a liberal... and you're not. And you'd be a repub if they didn't like Israel.

Just sayin'

you don't hand out the membership cards, pooky. Not everyone conforms to your scarlet A cookie cutter terms just because you dont understand what a standard deviation is.

Well actually Shogun I was going to ask you to pay me , as I sort of thought jillian was kind enough to get the "Fair Use" law's for me, however. No matter, I will concede one thing to you, I am quite sure that the McCain campaign will not use the song again , if only not to provide fuel to the liberal's out there who like to shoot of their mouths instead of engaging their brains. I think your right about something else too, ASCAP will most likely defend any artist in any matter they deem has harmed them no matter how trivial, and then perhaps this matter can be settled once and for all. Then we won't have to be bothered with what party affiliation an artist belongs too.

Well actually Shogun I was going to ask you to pay me , as I sort of thought jillian was kind enough to get the "Fair Use" law's for me, however. No matter, I will concede one thing to you, I am quite sure that the McCain campaign will not use the song again , if only not to provide fuel to the liberal's out there who like to shoot of their mouths instead of engaging their brains. I think your right about something else too, ASCAP will most likely defend any artist in any matter they deem has harmed them no matter how trivial, and then perhaps this matter can be settled once and for all. Then we won't have to be bothered with what party affiliation an artist belongs too.

Looks like you are conceding all over the place, dude. Get used to that. Legally, Mccain will no longer use the song. Not because they want to circumvent criticism from liberals. I mean, it takes a lot of brains to come into this thread swinging your opinion around DESPITE easily googled facts, eh? Say, now much brains does it take for the GOP to comprehend the LAW when it comes to using an artist's material? Thankfully, right wing shills abound to cry foul and act like a fucking martyr when they are busted. For real. boo hoo.

Getting paid for your work is hardly trivial. Especially when a political party uses that work as if it's their right to do so. AND, this has been the ROUTINE for rebublicans for quite some time. Bruce Springsteen. John Mellencamp. Now Heart. All of which had to remind your presidential ponys a thing or two about the law. So, lets not pretend that this is a unique situation.

:eusa_angel:

what.. that ANOTHER republican thought they could go ahead and use an artists music without nary the slightest effort in asking permission?

yea.. gosh.. thats so fucking rare.
I thought you were a big fan of pirated music?

I don't know Shogun, I guess you confused at my attempt to agree with you and find some common ground here about a relevant fact about ASCAP and McCain not using the song ,to you as conceding something to you? Well take if like you want to take it I suppose if that makes you happy then please be my guest, knock yourself out. If you consider that as conceding, then there must be many out there who don't know yet how much they have conceded yet!

Fun Fact:

Nancy Wilson of Heart is married to Cameron Crowe. They wrote a lot of the songs in "Almost Famous" together while on their honeymoon. They have twins that she had while she was around 45. I love them! :cool:

$NancyWilsonGuitar.jpg

Forum List

Back