Heart breaking call........

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Last evening on the Mark Levin show a young boy called in to say he was very happy the way Levin publicly supports the troops. He went on to say that his father was serving overseas and he worries about him all the time. Then the boy broke up crying saying that in his school the other kids constantly make fun and insult his father.

This broke my heart! I can't believe we live in a country in which many people actually would do that. These kids must be hearing this from their parents and other outside influences. It's too shameful to even put into words.

Kids can be cruel,no doubt about it. Maybe he should ask them what kind of brave thing their fathers are going to do at work tomorrow. Ity's not so nice,but usually a dose of their own medicine works. I'm sure it's coming form the parents. :rolleyes:

Maybe that school needs a visit from a squad of Marines or Army guys in their dress blues...I am not kidding. Not so the soldiers can kick butt; just to be seen and talk to the kids. I guarantee the kids would love it and despite their parents rhetoric, harbor a secret desire "to be like those guys". I have seen it happen many times. Of course the teachers and school administration would probably have a hissy fit!

The hateful wackos who run our cultural institutions are advancing their message, folks. Up is down and right is wrong. Turning this around is going to take some doing - it's so deeply entrenched. Sometimes I wonder if it can even be done.

I once had a high school teacher ask me how I reconciled my military profession of shooting and killing people with my Christian morals and the law of God to not kill.

I asked him "Do you believe in God?"
He replied "Well of course!"
I asked "Do you believe that God can and does work through people?"
He said "Most assuredly!"
I continued by asking "Do you believe that Satan exists?"
He said "Yes"
I said "Is it possible that Satan works through people as well?"
He said "I would imagine he does."
I said "I am one of the people working for God against the people who work for Satan."

He said nothing further.

You have to wonder where kids of 12 or 13 years old gets these ideas? It has to be parents and that is scary, because I was under the apparent flase impression that even liberals were supportive of the troops. But then you hear stories like this and others of soldiers being cursed and spit at..........Have we learned no civility or lessons from the 60's and 70's???

CSM said:
I once had a high school teacher ask me how I reconciled my military profession of shooting and killing people with my Christian morals and the law of God to not kill.

I asked him "Do you believe in God?"
He replied "Well of course!"
I asked "Do you believe that God can and does work through people?"
He said "Most assuredly!"
I continued by asking "Do you believe that Satan exists?"
He said "Yes"
I said "Is it possible that Satan works through people as well?"
He said "I would imagine he does."
I said "I am one of the people working for God against the people who work for Satan."

He said nothing further.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Forum List

Back