• Yes.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No.

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • Not really sure.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
You guys are idiots.

Congrats on surviving well, Count, and here's to many more years of blood sucking....

I lost my father and brother-in-law to sudden heart attacks within two months in 2009. I myself had a heart attack 12 years ago and had a couple stents put in. No problem since then. One thing I do know, as pointed out by another poster, stress can kill you. It's like stress compounds the other risk factors like smoking, weight, lack of exercise, and causes the heart to fail. If you can't stop smoking or overeating or start exercising at least make sure you eliminate as much stress as you can from your life.
I'm willing to bet there was some unusual stress present before the heart attack occured.

Cam,

You are correct about stress. About a year before I had mine I was forced to go to pension after 35 years on the job at Nortel Networks. My life was completely upended and I sat for months 'stewing' and smoking. Stress can and will kill as will smoking.

Last Tuesday morning at around 11:15 am, I had a heart attack. I am recovering well. Just curious. Any of you guys or gals ever have a heart attack? There's a simple "Yes" or "No" poll.

You have a heart? Wow. I so did not see that coming. I thought all we conservatives were heartless bastards? I live and learn.

because, of course, no thread should be free of partisan hackery. :rolleyes:

i am going to do the unthinkable right now...

i'm with allie...

everyone who can't be civil... shuddup. :thup:

Last edited:
I echo the call to quit smoking and improve your diet. Gradually increase your exercise when advised by your cardiologist, and stick with it! Also, take omega 3 fatty oils and Vitamin D! Many cardiologists are now prescribing those!

Last edited:
Middleman,

Only Doctors on the payroll of vitamin producing companies extoll omega 3 fatty oils, and D vitamin. You might as well throw your money away.

Middleman,

No Im not. It is you who has been duped. Cneck out the scientific research papers in the Lanctet.

Forum List

Back