Hearing God

A lot of jokes are made by unbelievers about it. The rest of us have either experienced it or believe it’s possible.

This pilot for an airline says he heard God while preparing to fly out of Indonesia. It was a get out now message. So he requested and was granted permission to take off a few minutes ahead of schedule with his passengers. Minutes later a tidal wave wiped out the airport. The control tower official he had just talked to was dead.

A Miracle in Indonesia. | 海外華人福音網

A friend of mine had a dream he was going to die and it was going to involve a lot of people. It was so real he maxed out his life insurance. A few months later he became one of the citizen soldiers on Flight 93.

Another friend was a fireman. Him and two others went into a burning strip mall to make sure everyone was out. As they walked thru the burning building he heard a loud voice STOP! He froze and the two at his side saw his reaction and so they too stopped. Seconds later a 2 ton air conditioning unit crashed thru the roof landing where they would have been.

Mine was more humorous. I’ll share it some time, but God does have a great sense of humor.

For those that want to laugh and say “but science!”, I would like for you to describe for us the at least 26 dimensions we know exist.

There’s a lot we don’t know.

OMG, I recent an E-Mail from the Holy Ghost, here I will post it in full:

"Wry, Keep the faith, and remember to tell WM2020 s/he needs to be reminded to take his/her meds, and not expect a ticket to enter the pearly gate". Thus God's emissary told me to do this, and His will be done.

I asked the Ghost in a response to the e-mail if WM2020 was a male or female, and just now got a response, to wit: "who cares".
About 4th grade. What I expect from you

That is not what the New Testament teaches
It absolutely is what the New Testament teaches.

Jesus taught us how to discern between true and false prophets in Matthew 7. Something unnecessary if prophecy ceased.

The Book of Acts tells of several prophets among the Church.

Paul taught us that the Foundation of the Church are Apostles and prophets with christ as the chief cornerstone (eph 2:20)

He also that the Lord gives us Apostles, prophets, and other officers of the Church until we are brought into a unity of faith (Ephesians 4). We are not yet united in faith.

In 1 cor, Paul taught us to seek the gift of prophecy as one of the best gifts.

Peter taught us to seek the “sure word of prophecy” for ourselves.

John the Revelator received an entire book of scripture called Revelation by the Spirit of prophecy. In it he predicted a future time when two prophets would come and defend Jerusalem (rev 11).

Most importantly he taught us that the testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy. No one can know that Jesus is who He claims to be without the Spirit of prophecy.

No my friend. Prophecy continues and has not ceased. The New Testament teaches is clearly. And the Holy Spirit testifies that it is alive in His Church. I know this for myself.

The gifts of the Spirit, including prophecy, and miracles still occur. Seek them out.

Mormon 9
The foundation of the church is lain. And I don't read Mormon.

The Foundation of the Church was martyred and slain. The keys were lost. The scriptures suppressed. The Body is Christ was broken and killed.

But it also rose from the dead and was restored to its fullness.

I invite you to read the Book of Mormon. It’s one of the greatest witnesses that God speaks with men. Prophecy has not ceased. And all are invited to read and see for themselves.

The gift of prophecy and the other gifts of the Spirit are alive in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I don't read Mormon. I don't need it.

By itself, the New Testament brings closure to the story.

Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we needno more of the word of God, for we have enough!

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have (2 Nephi 28:29-30)

Know ye not that there are more nationsthan one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one wordye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written. (2 Nephi 29:7-10)

The New Testament cannot bring closure to the story because the story isn’t over. God hasn’t finished His work. The Gathering of Israel has commenced. He will not be done until all that will be saved are

Personal revelation is the only kind that can be trusted, but only by that person.

Forum List

Back