Heard it on faux news first

So this is why you love fox. You love the fact that they can legally lie to you.

You sir are the biggest dumb ass on these boards.

Everybody knows that PMSNBC and CNN are the great purveyors of truth... I mean, look how well informed you are!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So when I said Hannity never, ever said anything negative about Bush, ever...and you said you have heard him but can't prove it or link it....I am uninformed? :lol:

I will repeat this...I said Hannity never, ever said anything negative about Bush. You lied and said he did but cant prove it.

You are a liar. Nothing personal, scratch thaty, its totally personal, you are a liar. :evil:

To be fair, maybe she's a liar because she's also kinda stupid.

So this is why you love fox. You love the fact that they can legally lie to you.

Everybody knows that PMSNBC and CNN are the great purveyors of truth... I mean, look how well informed you are!

So when I said Hannity never, ever said anything negative about Bush, ever...and you said you have heard him but can't prove it or link it....I am uninformed? :lol:

I will repeat this...I said Hannity never, ever said anything negative about Bush. You lied and said he did but cant prove it.

You are a liar. Nothing personal, scratch thaty, its totally personal, you are a liar. :evil:

You're the liar. Hannity was all over Bush on the border problem, Harriet Meyers nomination, and the Dubai Port thing. No one has to prove anything to you. No matter what they produced, you'd attack the source or something.

No, she's right. Read my post above. If you want to see people with their heads up someone's ass, just take a look at MSNBC. Those people eat Obama shit sandwiches.

slam dunk...nicely done.
Slam dunk lie, as usual...
Clearly, the story that FOX News got a court ruling in favor of its right to "lie" in its news broadcasts has become something of a talking point among the cable news channel's detractors. There's only one problem - the story as popularly told is completely false, and is based almost exclusively on hysteria, hyperbole, and half-truths.

There was indeed a lawsuit filed by journalists Jane Akre and Steve Wilson over their dismissal from FOX affiliate WTVT in Tampa, Florida. After that fact, however, the story is far different than how it is popularly portrayed.

To begin with, the popular portrayal almost always omits the rather crucial fact that Akre and Wilson lost almost every one of their claims at the trial court. As the Florida Second District Court of Appeal noted in their ruling:

Akre and Wilson sued WTVT alleging... that their terminations had been in retaliation for their resisting WTVT's attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story and for threatening to report the alleged news distortion to the FCC. Akre also brought claims for declaratory relief and for breach of contract. After a four-week trial, a jury found against Wilson on all of his claims. The trial court directed a verdict against Akre on her breach of contract claim, Akre abandoned her claim for declaratory relief, and the trial court let her whistle-blower claims go to the jury. The jury rejected all of Akre's claims except her claim that WTVT retaliated against her in response to her threat to disclose the alleged news distortion to the FCC.

<snip>

A careful reading of the jury instruction reveals that the jury was only answering whether they believed Akre had been fired for threatening to lodge a complaint with the FCC alleging broadcast of a false, distorted, or slanted news report, not whether the news report was in fact false, distorted, or slanted.

Akre disputes this interpretation on her own web site, claiming that "The jurors in my case said YES to the fact that Fox was guilty of pressuring me to falsify the news... When you look at the actual jury verdict form, the jury determined it was actually false, distorted, or slanted. In fact, if jurors did not accept that premise, they could not have gone on to find in my favor..."

But the FCC does not share Akre's interpretation of the jury verdict. In a 2007 decision by the FCC denying a petition by Akre and Wilson demanding that WTVT's broadcast license not be renewed, the FCC includes the following footnote:

Although there has been much back-and-forth among the parties about whether the jury in the employment lawsuit found that Station WTVT(TV) violated the news distortion policy, the verdict form did not ask the jury to determine whether WTVT(TV) violated the news distortion policy, but rather to determine whether Station WTVT(TV) fired either employee for threatening to disclose what the Petitioners reasonably believed would be a violation of the news distortion policy.

<snip>

Whatever the truth of the dispute between the two reporters and WTVT, it seems clear that the station did not at the trial court level admit that it had attempted to distort the news story or assert the"right to lie"in its broadcasts. Instead, the station claimed its editorial decisions were based on an effort to air a fair and accurate story, and defended its editorial prerogatives under the First Amendment - editorial prerogatives that are indisputable, if the guarantee of a free press means anything.

FOX, Lies & Videotape: debunking an internet myth*»*Blog*»* Center for Competitive Politics

No, she's right. Read my post above. If you want to see people with their heads up someone's ass, just take a look at MSNBC. Those people eat Obama shit sandwiches.

No, she's not right. And neither are you. Another right wing low information parrot. Swell.

How can he not realize that?

I said Fox went to court for the right to lie.

He said, "the court ruled FOX had a Constitutional right to do so (lie)".

I don't know what else to say? In that guys mind, how did I lose that argument?

You do realize that FoxNews was not alone in that lawsuit and that in fact were joined by liberal organizations as well don't you?

You're sad and pathetic.

In that lawsuit? Really?

Link or you are totally full of shit. YOu really are. Damn. Now concentrate, get that link to prove your point. show us where liberals joined in on that lawsuit.

:eusa_whistle:

Dude, just stop, you really look dumb here.

You're the liar. Hannity was all over Bush on the border problem, Harriet Meyers nomination, and the Dubai Port thing. No one has to prove anything to you. No matter what they produced, you'd attack the source or something.

So thats a no for a link. Thats a no to any kind of proof.

Come on, I am sure he said so many negative things about bush it would be easy to find it. Come on, prove me wrong..

HANNITY HAS NEVER SAID ANY THING NEGATIVE ABOUT BUSH. I dare you to prove me wrong. :lol:

Last edited:
We interrupt the regularly scheduled programming at Fox News to announce our lawyers have won the "right to lie" in court.

Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the second largest shareholder of Fox and the biggest fan of the 9/11 terrorists, will be holding a gala celebration at Trump Towers to mark the grand occasion.

In attendance will be such Fox luminaries as Laura Ingram, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and all the Republican Presidential contenders.

Universal-Studios-New-Years-Eve-741867.jpg

leftpanel_alwaleed.JPG

Republicans across the nation want to declare this day a "National Holiday".

OH my that was mean. Please continue. :clap2:

At least I finally gave them something where they can say, "You lie". We know that not ALL Republicans want to declare this day a "National Holiday".

the dumbing down by non mericans. They are pretty damn smart if you ask me.

Say what you want about msnbc, at least we are not owned by foreigners....lol

Nope.

You're referring to the lawsuit where FOX employees accused the network of lying to the public, but the court ruled FOX had a Constitutional right to do so.

Anyone who thinks broadcasters don't have a right to lie is a fascist. Freedom of speech means you have the right to broadcast falsehoods as well as facts. Only a fascist would endorse giving government the authority to determine what truth is and then prosecuting news outlets for departing from it.

Thanks for revealing your fascist cloven hoof to the entire forum.

CBS Ousts 4 For Bush Guard Story - CBS News

Every network news program can lie to you. That's what the First Amendment says.

Do you oppose the Bill of Rights?

Libs are so fucking stupid it's amazing they can operate their own lungs.

Not only are they stupid, they are out-and-out fascist, as you just so perfectly demonstrated.

Last edited:
How can he not realize that?

I said Fox went to court for the right to lie.

He said, "the court ruled FOX had a Constitutional right to do so (lie)".

I don't know what else to say? In that guys mind, how did I lose that argument?

You said FOX won the right to lie IN COURT. It never won any such right.

You're an imbecile, and you're crowing about it.

How beautifully liberal!

You do realize that FoxNews was not alone in that lawsuit and that in fact were joined by liberal organizations as well don't you?

You're sad and pathetic.

Rdean is publicizing the fact that he opposes the First Amendment, and he's crowing about it.

If that doesn't define "stupid" I don't know what does.

Every network news program can lie to you. That's what the First Amendment says.

Do you oppose the Bill of Rights?

Libs are so fucking stupid it's amazing they can operate their own lungs.

Not only are they stupid, they are out-and-out fascist, as you just so perfectly demonstrated.

Oh whooptie fucking do. So they have the "right" to lie to us. Why would anyone steadfastly defend an organization that does it with such alarming frequency?

You know what gets me, if the PEOPLE want to watch a news station that lies to them, what friggen business is it of anybodies?

my gawd, anyone watch PMSnbc, what station was CAUGHT RED HANDED passing off fake papers of Bush's National Guard records.
It seems most of the big Lamestream media, nbcabccbscnnpmsnbc etc etc are just Pravda lite now anyway. Especially with the Obama, they are so on their knees for him it's sickening.

It cracks me up to see people whine about Fox news.

Last edited:
You know what gets me, if the PEOPLE want to watch a news station that lies to them, what friggen business is it of anybodies?

my gawd, anyone watch PMSnbc, what station was CAUGHT RED HANDED passing off fake papers of Bush's National Guard records.
It seems most of the big Lamestream media, nbcabccbscnnpmsnbc etc etc are just Pravda lite now anyway. Especially with the Obama, they are so on their knees for him it's sickening.

Whine? No. Point out that they lie with alarming frequency? Yes.

If someone wants to point out that Fox viewers are the least informed, what friggen business is it of anybodies? :lol:

If someone wants to point out that Fox viewers are the least informed, what friggen business is it of anybodies? :lol:

you can say what ever the hell you want about Fox Viewers. I'm sure they don't give a shit what you think of them.
I find the viewers of PMSNBC masochist, who love to watch some vein popping spittle spitting idiot spew garbage at them, do I find the "least informed", yeah probably.

Last edited:

you can say what ever the hell you want about Fox Viewers. I'm sure they don't give a shit what your OPPONION of them are.
I find the viewers of PMSNBC masochist, who love to watch some vein popping spittle spitting idiot spew garbage at them, do I find the "least informed", yeah probably.

Like I said, Fox has the right to lie and Fox viewers have the right to watch them lie and defend them doing it. The rest of us have a right to laugh at how ill-informed Fox viewers are. I take it you are one of them. :lol:

you can say what ever the hell you want about Fox Viewers. I'm sure they don't give a shit what your OPPONION of them are.

Like I said, Fox has the right to lie and Fox viewers have the right to watch them lie and defend them doing it. The rest of us have a right to laugh at how ill-informed Fox viewers are. I take it you are one of them. :lol:

take whatever you want. For your information, I don't watch any news stations, I get all my news off the Internet. But we know you watch PMSNBC because you spout all their idiotic talking points.

Forum List

Back