Healtlh care exchanges and Repubuplican govs

There is no public option in the exchanges, genius.

Read something written after June 2009 perhaps.

No genius the point is the entire ACA was simply set up as a stepping stone to get us to want a Public Option.

I think that was her point.

I get it

We have to block people from getting what they want

Wait....aren't you the math whiz who said Obama won by 'two to one'???

That was you?

No, really...

Didn't you also aver that 'nine fourths of high school students have trouble with fractions...'?

Some people believe the Federal and state Governments have magic money trees they just pluck money off to do these wonderful things

And also that there are no consequences for all these laws we make. Health care costs vary directly without amount of regulation.

In a well functioning free market insurance system, there is no need for this. Why can't I buy a policy across state lines? Why do I need a federal subsidy for a "state approved" plan?

Because we want to improve the health care in this country, not destroy it.

Selling insurance across state lines: A terrible, no good, very bad health-care idea

Texas has the nations lowest ins premiums, and they let all ins companies in to compete.

In a well functioning free market insurance system, there is no need for this. Why can't I buy a policy across state lines? Why do I need a federal subsidy for a "state approved" plan?

Because we want to improve the health care in this country, not destroy it.

Selling insurance across state lines: A terrible, no good, very bad health-care idea

Texas has the nations lowest ins premiums, and they let all ins companies in to compete.

False. I count 34 states where insurance for an individual is cheaper, and 41 states where it's cheaper for a family. And with all of that, Texas has an overall pretty poor health care system.

This is their opportunity to set up exchanges the way their state wants them. The default will be the federal exchange program.

Indeed, this is a chance to tailor their exchange(s) to the unique needs of the state's population and market. The feds have no interest in running exchanges for states, so this foot stomping benefits no one.

Why can't I buy a policy across state lines?

You can! Through an exchange.

No genius the point is the entire ACA was simply set up as a stepping stone to get us to want a Public Option.

An elaborate conspiracy, no doubt!

Er, what?

What is the logic in refusing to provide a web based search engine to your constituents so that they may easily shop for affordable insurance?

You've swallowed the hype....

Need to know how you have been fooled? ‘[Professor Jacob] Hacker explicitly says: “One of the virtues of it, though, is that you can at least make the claim that there is a competitive system between the public and private sectors.”

But what is the ultimate goal of the government-run insurance option? Hacker explains: “Someone once said to me this is a Trojan Horse for single-payer, and I said, well its not a Trojan Horse, right? It’s just right there.” Obama’s Health Care Trojan Horse
a. Hear him in his own words…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ-6ebku3_E]The Public Plan Deception - It's Not About Choice - YouTube[/ame]

and you've swallowed this hype:

Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS had updated an attack ad in North Dakota to make the half-trillion-dollar tax increase claim. Just as quickly, the Koch brothers’ favorite PAC, Americans for Prosperity, launched a $9-million ad campaign that calls the healthcare act “one of the largest tax increases in American history.”

Running in 12 swing states, the voice-over in the Koch-funded ad asks, “How can we afford this tax?” The honest answer is: We can afford it because very few Americans will ever pay it. The only people who might get hit with the penalty are the minuscule number of citizens who can afford health insurance but refuse to buy it, thereby sticking the rest of us with their hospital bills when they get sick. The projected yearly amount to be raised by this penalty – or tax – is $6 billion. That’s a long way from half a trillion.

- On healthcare, Romney is muddled while GOP PACs brazenly lie - latimes.com

Forum List

Back