Healthy Lifestyle

The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods,
carbohydrate is also assential part for the weight gain,
The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit....

I don't think fast food is any better or worse than anything else. You can eat a healthy diet including fast food. There is nothing wrong with a burger. Don't get fries and a soda with it. Or, get a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. I think one can incorporate fast food with a healthy diet.

Actually, it depends on the burger. Very few fast food burgers can be fitted into a healthy lifestyle or weight-loss plan. Most of them are shockingly high in fat and calories, given their sizes.

But yes, most fast food restaurants now offer healthy alternatives on their menu.

I am healthy and in shape. And, sometimes i eat burgers. Yes. A healthy life doesn't mean only eating only salad. I have a friend who is a Food Nazi and won't eat anything but Health Crap. No thanks. I am just as healthy as her, in fact more so because i also exercise and work out. Enjoying life means living life to the fullest by doing everything in moderation. So you can enjoy a burger and fries or cheesecake or whatever as long as you do so in a reasonable way. I don't have to cut everything completely out of my life to succeed.

Today i am heading over to the Bike shop to purchase a Trek Navigator 3.0. I want to take up cycling. I like to try some other things to freshen up the workouts.

Today i am heading over to the Bike shop to purchase a Trek Navigator 3.0. I want to take up cycling. I like to try some other things to freshen up the workouts.

That's been the ticket for me. I used to try running - but biking is easier on the body and just more fun in general. I can do it for hours on end and not feel like I'm torturing myself.

I've been putting more miles on my bike lately than on my car.

That's been the ticket for me. I used to try running - but biking is easier on the body and just more fun in general. I can do it for hours on end and not feel like I'm torturing myself.

I've been putting more miles on my bike lately than on my car.

I have never done much biking but realized it went to some Spinning classes at the Y . So, i realized what a great work out it must be. I do have some concerns over bike safety, riding on the road and finding good places to ride. I don't like riding in traffic. We do have Rails to trails so i could do some trail riding as well but i don't like to go on those trails alone. I don't feel comfortable alone in the woods so that isn't for me unless i have friends along.

I don't think fast food is any better or worse than anything else. You can eat a healthy diet including fast food. There is nothing wrong with a burger. Don't get fries and a soda with it. Or, get a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. I think one can incorporate fast food with a healthy diet.

Actually, it depends on the burger. Very few fast food burgers can be fitted into a healthy lifestyle or weight-loss plan. Most of them are shockingly high in fat and calories, given their sizes.

But yes, most fast food restaurants now offer healthy alternatives on their menu.

I am healthy and in shape. And, sometimes i eat burgers. Yes. A healthy life doesn't mean only eating only salad. I have a friend who is a Food Nazi and won't eat anything but Health Crap. No thanks. I am just as healthy as her, in fact more so because i also exercise and work out. Enjoying life means living life to the fullest by doing everything in moderation. So you can enjoy a burger and fries or cheesecake or whatever as long as you do so in a reasonable way. I don't have to cut everything completely out of my life to succeed.

No one said "just salads", but we're not talking about a maintenance diet for someone who's already healthy. You might want to try reading and comprehending the whole thread. Furthermore, if you're in the habit of eating, for example, the Ultimate Cheeseburger at Jack In The Box - even occasionally - then you're screwing yourself, because that sucker has MORE than the recommended daily allowance of fat and calories for a normal, healthy adult. Not one meal . . . THE WHOLE DAY.

I love people who barge into a thread and start shooting their mouths off with no idea what the topic is. You HAVE to love them, because shooting people for being morons is illegal.

Propaganda comes in many forms. Look for an entire array of "healthy lifestyle posts" because the dirty little secret is that when you accept free health care or are forced to accept free health care from the government you automatically give them the "right" to dictate healthy lifestyles. Welcome to the brave new world of liberalism.

Propaganda comes in many forms. Look for an entire array of "healthy lifestyle posts" because the dirty little secret is that when you accept free health care or are forced to accept free health care from the government you automatically give them the "right" to dictate healthy lifestyles. Welcome to the brave new world of liberalism.

I'm pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with any of that.

No one said "just salads", but we're not talking about a maintenance diet for someone who's already healthy. You might want to try reading and comprehending the whole thread. Furthermore, if you're in the habit of eating, for example, the Ultimate Cheeseburger at Jack In The Box - even occasionally - then you're screwing yourself, because that sucker has MORE than the recommended daily allowance of fat and calories for a normal, healthy adult. Not one meal . . . THE WHOLE DAY.

I love people who barge into a thread and start shooting their mouths off with no idea what the topic is. You HAVE to love them, because shooting people for being morons is illegal.

I am giving you my opinion on what constitutes a healthy lifestyle. Take it or leave it. Sorry i am not parroting every opinion exactly as you are. Part of a healthy life is being able to be handle people who disagree and be gracious about it. Maybe a cheeseburger would improve your disposition. That is what is so annoying about so called health freaks, they lose all sense of humor about themselves.

Make your own decisions and keep them to yourself. Don't tell anyone what to do or what to eat. The time is fast coming when people are fed up with this kind of manipulative control and telling people what to do will be hazardous to your health.

Yes. Obesity is a liberal conspiracy.....

Nut job.

I am fed up with fast foods, and trying to loss my weight, In fact i want to adopt healthy lifestyle. Please help me how can I live healthy life, recommend me healthy diet and also exercise.

Expend more calories than you consume.

Limit fats, carbs., and anything with white flour. Read the labels. Go for 1500 calories a day in the beginning.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to flush all the sediment and increase your energy level. Eat nothing or very little after 6 or 7:00 pm. You will weigh less in the morning.

Walk fast every day or at least 3 times a week and swing your arms to help burn calories.

Lifting weights will build muscle, and keep bones strong, but wait until you have dropped the weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and it could discourage you to weigh on the bathroom scales. I weigh every day, and if I have gone up a pound, I drop it immediately, by only having foods containing protein, and if you wait too long to drop it, it will find a place on your stomach or hips, to comfort itself, and call home.

Buy a book, to help you, if needed. I like the Atkins Diet, but only for two weeks. You are NEVER hungry on that diet and if you start craving sweets, you can have two sticks of sugarfree gum, and that satisfies. I like EXTRA gum.

You can check out the Atkins Plan, online, phase 1, is what I recommend. Best of luck, if you lose weight for health and that wonderful side effect, a beautiful body. :D

1500 calories is essentially a crash diet for people over 160. All the evidence shows that the safest and most efficient amount of weight a person can lose is about two pounds a week. 1500 calories is beyond that. The problem with crash diets is that you lose the weight too quickly and your physiology doesn't have time to adjust so even if you start eating healthy after reaching your ideal weight, you pack the pounds back on.

As long as you are tracking you calories, and cholesterol or diabetes isn't an issue, you are right.

The problem with fast food is that it is high calorie and basically one fast food meal is almost a days worth of calories.

Did you know a small sonic Oreo blast is 900 calories? That's 2/3 of my daily allowance on a desert.

The problem is, eventually your metabolism will slow down and you will start to pack on weight by eating poorly. That's where most people get caught. They think they can eat at 30 like they did at 20.

Of course, you could just have good genes, but most people don't.

I am giving you my opinion on what constitutes a healthy lifestyle. Take it or leave it. Sorry i am not parroting every opinion exactly as you are. Part of a healthy life is being able to be handle people who disagree and be gracious about it. Maybe a cheeseburger would improve your disposition. That is what is so annoying about so called health freaks, they lose all sense of humor about themselves.

Don't sweat it. Cecille is. Rage o holic. Just ignore her.

The problem is, eventually your metabolism will slow down and you will start to pack on weight by eating poorly. That's where most people get caught. They think they can eat at 30 like they did at 20.

Well, i am not advocating eating cheeseburgers everyday. My point is that you can have a healthy life but still incorporate different things. And, as you age, you adjust. My teen son can eat an entire pizza. If i did, i would wind up in the ER getting my stomach pumped or weigh 300lbs. so yeah.

Well, i am not advocating eating cheeseburgers everyday. My point is that you can have a healthy life but still incorporate different things. And, as you age, you adjust. My teen son can eat an entire pizza. If i did, i would wind up in the ER getting my stomach pumped or weigh 300lbs. so yeah.

I agree. I am not sure how much credence I give to someone on the issue of weight loss when they open with: "aside from the bariatric surgery"...

It must be a tough life to go around expecting everyone to parrot one's own opinion. Meh

Forum List

Back