Healthy Lifestyle

Catherine

Rookie
Mar 6, 2012
USA
I am fed up with fast foods, and trying to loss my weight, In fact i want to adopt healthy lifestyle. Please help me how can I live healthy life, recommend me healthy diet and also exercise.

I am fed up with fast foods, and trying to loss my weight, In fact i want to adopt healthy lifestyle. Please help me how can I live healthy life, recommend me healthy diet and also exercise.

Step one: Stop eating fast food. Cook your own meals. But fresh fruits, vegetables and meats and cook at home.

These are some awesome tips,..
Don’t Eat Before Bed
Drink Plenty of Water
Cut Down On Your Favorite Foods
Exercise While You Diet
i hope these will helps you a lot,..

Don't eat before bed? Why not? I eat before bed just about every night and I have dropped a significant amount of weight. My suggestion ... eat something nutrious before bed.

Yes ... plenty of H2O

Cut down on favorite foods? Or do you mean cut down on one's favorite high-fat, high-carb, high-calorie foods?

Exercise regardless of diet. Anything is better then nothing.

I recommend the Weight Watcher's point system as a great way to keep track of how much you're eating. In order to lose weight, you need to eat less than you burn. You can count calories, but I find it easier to follow the Weight Watcher's point system.

With Weight Watchers you will experience a slow, steady weight loss. I have used it many times when my weight starts to climb. I've been on the program for four weeks now and have lost seven pounds. It's not a crash diet, but it's a healthy diet.

Plus you can eat anything you want, as long as you calculate the points and don't go over your limit. I end each day by eating two Weight Watchers rasberry ice cream/dark chocolate bars...total 3 points for the two...I get 25 points a day. Literally end of day...I eat them in bed while playing games on my Kindle Fire or reading. : ) Knowing I get that treat at the end of the day keeps me strong all day.

Check it out online. : )

P.S. I recommend a program, such as Weight Watcher's, because I run into too many people who are fat and insist that they hardly eat anything. Well, they're eating something! So it's a good idea to be on a structured regimen where your food is planned and accounted for.

I actually write down everything I eat and it's point value, every day. That way I can't fool myself. I know exactly what I'm eating.

Cutting out all fast food will be a great start. Some of that stuff is so packed with calories, fat and sugar it's shocking.

You don't need to make massive changes to increase your health. Small things add up!

Start by committing to taking a nice long (30 minutes or more) walk every day. The Redhead and I usually go for a nice post-dinner stroll around 7pm. It helps digestion, clears my head of the day, and makes me feel good.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Make your own decisions and keep them to yourself. Don't tell anyone what to do or what to eat. The time is fast coming when people are fed up with this kind of manipulative control and telling people what to do will be hazardous to your health.

Expend more calories than you consume.

Limit fats, carbs., and anything with white flour. Read the labels. Go for 1500 calories a day in the beginning.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to flush all the sediment and increase your energy level. Eat nothing or very little after 6 or 7:00 pm. You will weigh less in the morning.

Walk fast every day or at least 3 times a week and swing your arms to help burn calories.

Lifting weights will build muscle, and keep bones strong, but wait until you have dropped the weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and it could discourage you to weigh on the bathroom scales. I weigh every day, and if I have gone up a pound, I drop it immediately, by only having foods containing protein, and if you wait too long to drop it, it will find a place on your stomach or hips, to comfort itself, and call home.

Buy a book, to help you, if needed. I like the Atkins Diet, but only for two weeks. You are NEVER hungry on that diet and if you start craving sweets, you can have two sticks of sugarfree gum, and that satisfies. I like EXTRA gum.

You can check out the Atkins Plan, online, phase 1, is what I recommend. Best of luck, if you lose weight for health and that wonderful side effect, a beautiful body. :D

Hungry, Angry, Bored, Idle, Tired (HABIT)

1) Don't starve yourself, plan your meals and snacks a week in advance. Rad labels.

2) Keep your emotions under control; exercise daily see: ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Net

3) Engage in new and varied activities, limit TV to no more than 4 hours a day.

4) Have a plan for each day, keep a daily journal and record what you eat, what exercises you did and other activities. Weigh yourself every morning before you eat or drink anything. Keep a record of this and your waste size.

5) Sleep (don't eat or drink anything before your schedule bed time). When you go to be don't watch TV or Read, bed is for sex or sleep only. Nap during the day if necessary, for no longer than 45 minutes.

6) Don't rush it or get discouraged. Remember, slow and steady wins the prize. Two pounds a month is 24 pounds in a year.

If you are really out of shape, start off with simple walking.

Move up to running/jogging. It's cheap, anyone can do it anywhere, and it burns lots of calories.

I would not try "P90X" right away.

For food, take control. Atkins is one idea, going vegetarian/vegan is another. Yes, they're opposite approaches... but they're both APPROACHES. Do diet soda instead of "liquid satan", i.e., sugar soda. Eat whole wheat and tuna salad with a fruit for lunch instead of Mickey D's.

Mark Twain once said that stopping smoking was easy - he had done it dozens of times.

I must have lost 200 pounds over the years, and gained back most of it.

The best diet program I've ever seen is one developed by Dr. Ellington Darden (you can look him up). Basically, it is this: Eat three 300-calorie meals a day, supplemented by two or three 100-calorie snacks. Exercise in moderation. Avoid sugars and empty carbs like white bread and pasta.

The key to the diet is recognizing that the purpose of eating is to kill your hunger, NOT to fill you up. Once you have the 300-calorie meal you are satisfied and no longer hungry. The snacks (a piece of fruit, usually) is good enough to satisfy you until the next meal.

Be careful of running. I ran for over 30 years, and am now suffering for it. "Aerobic exercise" is grossly over-sold. It is nowhere near as beneficial as interval training, which truly develops your heart and lung capacity. I can do an interval workout in 15 minutes on a stationary bike and have a better workout by far than I used to get in a 40-minute run.

I disagree with the poster above who says to avoid weightlifting (resistance training) while dieting. Your body will consume both fat and protein (muscle) when you diet, so it is best to work those muscles to keep them from shrinking.

Another excellent resource is the "Nautilus Diet Book." Forget about the Nautilus machines, but the nutritional advice is excellent and reliable.

Good luck.

Move to Nicaragua, forget a car and eat at "sodas"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rci6eDsTuwQ]Exploring the Food Stalls of Granada, Nicaragua - YouTube[/ame]

Moderation

Eat, live, play, exercise, work, enjoy. All in balance. Too much of anything results in the problems of our lifestyles.

I've been trying to do that for years and never had any luck. Usually would get discouraged after a few weeks and give up. But, I've been pretty persistent for the last four months and managed to lose 30 lbs so far, and am now getting about 100 miles a week in on my bike.

For me, the key was tracking everything I did related to diet and exercise. I didn't really focus on any particular plan - just keeping track of my habits and watching how they affected my health and weight. I used Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It! and found the conveniences there very helpful, but any system that keeps you aware and dealing with concrete data (as opposed to vague perceptions) about your habits would work.

I don't think fast food is any better or worse than anything else. You can eat a healthy diet including fast food. There is nothing wrong with a burger. Don't get fries and a soda with it. Or, get a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. I think one can incorporate fast food with a healthy diet.

I don't think fast food is any better or worse than anything else. You can eat a healthy diet including fast food. There is nothing wrong with a burger. Don't get fries and a soda with it. Or, get a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. I think one can incorporate fast food with a healthy diet.

Yup.. just being aware of what you're 'spending' calorie wise really affects your choices. When you see that large fries at McD's are roughly the same calories as a thick, juicy steak - you start to think twice about what you order. That steak is going to be a lot more satisfying (assuming you're not vegan).

Well, here's what I did, minus the bariatric surgery, and how I keep it off.

Drink lots of water. Several people have mentioned this, and it IS key. Your liver's primary job is to metabolize what you eat. If you don't drink enough water, your kidneys don't operate at peak efficiency, and your liver is forced to take over some of their work. If your liver is doing your kidneys' job, it's not doing its own job, and the food you eat gets stored as fat, rather than metabolized.

Eat at home as much as possible, and do NOT buy prepared foods. Fresh meat and fresh produce, and avoid carbs from things like yeasty breads. Go for brown rice, flatbreads, stuff with lots of fiber and nutrients to it. Carbs are good for you, and your body needs them, but choose healthier sources.

Look at the size of the portions you normally eat, and then cut them down. If you're a typical overweight American, you're eating at least twice as much as you need to at each sitting.

Plan your meals in this order: lean protein, THEN dark, leafy, green veggies, THEN other vividly-colored produce (the darker the color, the more nutrients and antioxidants it's likely to have), THEN carbs if you have space.

Eat slowly. If you wolf your food, you will eat well past the point when you were actually full, because your stomach didn't have time to let you know it was full. Eat until your hunger is satisfied, not until you're stuffed.

Find a type of exercise you actually like, so you'll have to fight yourself less to get yourself to do it.

Get more active in general. Find things to do that get you up and out of the house and moving.

Actually, it depends on the burger. Very few fast food burgers can be fitted into a healthy lifestyle or weight-loss plan. Most of them are shockingly high in fat and calories, given their sizes.

But yes, most fast food restaurants now offer healthy alternatives on their menu.

New Topics

Forum List

Back