Healthy Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Catherine, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Catherine

Catherine BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am fed up with fast foods, and trying to loss my weight, In fact i want to adopt healthy lifestyle. Please help me how can I live healthy life, recommend me healthy diet and also exercise.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Step one: Stop eating fast food. Cook your own meals. But fresh fruits, vegetables and meats and cook at home.

3. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Don't eat before bed? Why not? I eat before bed just about every night and I have dropped a significant amount of weight. My suggestion ... eat something nutrious before bed.

Yes ... plenty of H2O

Cut down on favorite foods? Or do you mean cut down on one's favorite high-fat, high-carb, high-calorie foods?

Exercise regardless of diet. Anything is better then nothing.

4. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    I recommend the Weight Watcher's point system as a great way to keep track of how much you're eating. In order to lose weight, you need to eat less than you burn. You can count calories, but I find it easier to follow the Weight Watcher's point system.

With Weight Watchers you will experience a slow, steady weight loss. I have used it many times when my weight starts to climb. I've been on the program for four weeks now and have lost seven pounds. It's not a crash diet, but it's a healthy diet.

Plus you can eat anything you want, as long as you calculate the points and don't go over your limit. I end each day by eating two Weight Watchers rasberry ice cream/dark chocolate bars...total 3 points for the two...I get 25 points a day. Literally end of day...I eat them in bed while playing games on my Kindle Fire or reading. : ) Knowing I get that treat at the end of the day keeps me strong all day.

Check it out online. : )

5. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    P.S. I recommend a program, such as Weight Watcher's, because I run into too many people who are fat and insist that they hardly eat anything. Well, they're eating something! So it's a good idea to be on a structured regimen where your food is planned and accounted for.

I actually write down everything I eat and it's point value, every day. That way I can't fool myself. I know exactly what I'm eating.

Cutting out all fast food will be a great start. Some of that stuff is so packed with calories, fat and sugar it's shocking.

6. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    You don't need to make massive changes to increase your health. Small things add up!

Start by committing to taking a nice long (30 minutes or more) walk every day. The Redhead and I usually go for a nice post-dinner stroll around 7pm. It helps digestion, clears my head of the day, and makes me feel good.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Make your own decisions and keep them to yourself. Don't tell anyone what to do or what to eat. The time is fast coming when people are fed up with this kind of manipulative control and telling people what to do will be hazardous to your health.

8. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Expend more calories than you consume.

Limit fats, carbs., and anything with white flour. Read the labels. Go for 1500 calories a day in the beginning.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to flush all the sediment and increase your energy level. Eat nothing or very little after 6 or 7:00 pm. You will weigh less in the morning.

Walk fast every day or at least 3 times a week and swing your arms to help burn calories.

Lifting weights will build muscle, and keep bones strong, but wait until you have dropped the weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and it could discourage you to weigh on the bathroom scales. I weigh every day, and if I have gone up a pound, I drop it immediately, by only having foods containing protein, and if you wait too long to drop it, it will find a place on your stomach or hips, to comfort itself, and call home.

Buy a book, to help you, if needed. I like the Atkins Diet, but only for two weeks. You are NEVER hungry on that diet and if you start craving sweets, you can have two sticks of sugarfree gum, and that satisfies. I like EXTRA gum.

You can check out the Atkins Plan, online, phase 1, is what I recommend. Best of luck, if you lose weight for health and that wonderful side effect, a beautiful body. :D

9. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,251
    Water, water, water.

10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    Hungry, Angry, Bored, Idle, Tired (HABIT)

1) Don't starve yourself, plan your meals and snacks a week in advance. Rad labels.

2) Keep your emotions under control; exercise daily see: ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Net

3) Engage in new and varied activities, limit TV to no more than 4 hours a day.

4) Have a plan for each day, keep a daily journal and record what you eat, what exercises you did and other activities. Weigh yourself every morning before you eat or drink anything. Keep a record of this and your waste size.

5) Sleep (don't eat or drink anything before your schedule bed time). When you go to be don't watch TV or Read, bed is for sex or sleep only. Nap during the day if necessary, for no longer than 45 minutes.

6) Don't rush it or get discouraged. Remember, slow and steady wins the prize. Two pounds a month is 24 pounds in a year.