Healthy eating for kids

That's irrelevant in my view. Healthy is a subjective term.

Yeah, let's make this all so simple, and ignore the realities of life shall we?

The reality is the cost of real food vs crap food and real food is ALWAYS cheaper

My god listening to you it seems like people are utterly incapable of cooking rice and beans

Always cheaper? Come on. Where can you buy a ready made meal that's cheaper than McDonalds or KFC?

A lot of people don't like cooking... it's a simple fact. People will go for the easier option. Again, part of this is time. People work a lot. But listening to you, it's like you don't understand other people.

Ready made meals are shit food I thought you didn't want people to eat shit food?

I understand that people who say they can't do this or that usually can they just don't want to.

It doesn't take that much time to prepare food.

I can cook 3 chickens in my oven at once That's enough meat for the entire week. I can soak beans overnight and simmer them while the chickens are in the oven. I can prepare a huge container of salad while the beans are simmering.

So in 2 hours on a Sunday morning I have enough food for the entire week prepared.

Anyone who says they can't do this is lying

But the problem is that often people don't know how to. In the past kids got shown by the parents, or they married and their wife did it. The modern world has changed. This isn't about forcing people to cook. Just to let people get the education so they can make those choices.

Yes and everyone is utterly incapable of learning how to preheat an oven and put a chicken in a pan

Again, it's more than just going out, finding a live chicken and putting it in the oven, isn't it? How long do you put it in the oven for, what do you need to put with it, what, what what what? I wouldn't know how to cook a chicken. I'm a vegetarian, but I have no clue.

But the point here is that you only get six hours of sleep, and then your attitude would then be that because you can survive on 6 hours of sleep, therefore EVERYONE should be able to do the same thing too. And I'm saying it's not like that. You seem to have a lack of empathy.

What do you mean only?

6 hours of sleep is more than sufficient. And really what's one more hour in the scheme of things

You know there's this great invention called a crock pot that will cook enough soup, stew, pot roast, etc for several meals while you sleep

but I suppose that's just too complicated for people too

and fyi empathy doesn't mean buying every lame ass excuse in the book

Again, you're jumping off and trying to pick a fight for something that doesn't matter. Who gives a fuck what "only" means? That's not the point here.

And no, you have no empathy. Empathy doesn't mean accepting every lame excuse, you're right, but again, that's not what we're talking about here.
That's exactly what you're talking about.

You have done nothing but give a litany of excuses why you think people can't prepare decent meals

No, I haven't given excuses. It seems a lot of people like to throw the "excuses" thing around. It's about reasons, why don't people do certain things. Just because I see something and then try and explain it, doesn't mean it's an excuse. It's a reason.

No those were all excuses

Too expensive to eat well..... excuse and proven wrong
No time.....................................excuse. You spend more time waiting for take out than it takes to make a good meal
Don't k ow how to cook......................There's this thing called a cook book or Google "how to cook a chicken" and get 2.8 million hits in less than a second

Fine, you think they were excuses, and I don't care. if you want to take over the my side of the debate for me, i can go have a shower. Bye.

The reality is the cost of real food vs crap food and real food is ALWAYS cheaper

My god listening to you it seems like people are utterly incapable of cooking rice and beans

Always cheaper? Come on. Where can you buy a ready made meal that's cheaper than McDonalds or KFC?

A lot of people don't like cooking... it's a simple fact. People will go for the easier option. Again, part of this is time. People work a lot. But listening to you, it's like you don't understand other people.

Ready made meals are shit food I thought you didn't want people to eat shit food?

I understand that people who say they can't do this or that usually can they just don't want to.

I can cook 3 chickens in my oven at once That's enough meat for the entire week. I can soak beans overnight and simmer them while the chickens are in the oven. I can prepare a huge container of salad while the beans are simmering.

So in 2 hours on a Sunday morning I have enough food for the entire week prepared.

But the problem is that often people don't know how to. In the past kids got shown by the parents, or they married and their wife did it. The modern world has changed. This isn't about forcing people to cook. Just to let people get the education so they can make those choices.

Yes and everyone is utterly incapable of learning how to preheat an oven and put a chicken in a pan

Again, it's more than just going out, finding a live chicken and putting it in the oven, isn't it? How long do you put it in the oven for, what do you need to put with it, what, what what what? I wouldn't know how to cook a chicken. I'm a vegetarian, but I have no clue.

a live chicken?

cut the shit.

there's this newfangled thing called the internet where you can find all that info out for FREE

It doesn't matter how many times you show the weirdo that eating real food is always cheaper than eating crappy prepared foods they still say eating healthy is more expensive

That's irrelevant in my view. Healthy is a subjective term.

It doesn't matter how many times you show the weirdo that eating real food is always cheaper than eating crappy prepared foods they still say eating healthy is more expensive

Yeah, let's make this all so simple, and ignore the realities of life shall we?

Give tax breaks to those who produce food that is healthy. Simple. It will lower the costs.

That's what we're doing now. That's the problem.

Really? Show me.

That's what all these "tax incentives" schemes are about. They're imposing someone's idea of "healthy" on the rest of us with government. They just have a different idea what's good for us. Apparently Congress thinks a strong agricultural industry is more important than childhood obesity, so junior is just taking one for the team.

So you think 10 packets of chips and candy is healthy then?

I don't. But whoever keeps voting for the subsidies apparently does. That's the thing. If you want government telling people what to eat, you can bet that people who produce and sell food are going to have a very strong interest in controlling their 'instructions'. You liberals never get this. You put government in charge of something, nominally to serve some noble interest, and then Republican take over and use the same power to serve different interests.

I'd rather have a government that protects our rights, and leaves our 'interests' out of it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back