Healthier Options

Darlene

Silver Member
Jul 26, 2014
Missouri, United States
My son's first birthday is coming up next month.
I don't want to get a cake because of how much sugar cake has.

Does anyone have any ideas for something that's a bit healthier but still fun for a baby?

Does anyone have any ideas for something that's a bit healthier but still fun for a baby?
Cheese. Most kids love cheese pizza.. My daughter does a lot low sugar and sugarless baked goods that are really good.

Cheese. Most kids love cheese pizza.. My daughter does a lot low sugar and sugarless baked goods that are really good.
I'm looking into things that are also gluten free.

Children birthdays without a cake and not real birthdays :(

I say for his birthday give him a nice cake ....and the rest of the year no cakes or not many cakes at all! :)

I say for his birthday give him a nice cake ....and the rest of the year no cakes or not many cakes at all! :)
Sorry, I'm not like most parents who don't mind their kids getting tons of sugar in one setting.
Cake and the like are one of the reasons that America has one of the highest obesity rates across the globe.
I bet there are plenty of other options that are just as fun as cake but not so unhealthy.

Sorry, I'm not like most parents who don't mind their kids getting tons of sugar in one setting.
Cake and the like are one of the reasons that America has one of the highest obesity rates across the globe.
I bet there are plenty of other options that are just as fun as cake but not so unhealthy.

Ok I understand.

Then do as Moonglow suggests and feed him a spinach suffle! :dunno:

Happy birthday to your son. Get a cake, take some pictures, get rid of the cake and give your child the healthy choice you wish. At one year old your child will not be the wiser, after all he has never had cake to begin with.

Forum List

Back