Healthcare use to be a right!

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
It use to be that healthcare was a right but now it ain't because the right to pick your own method of healthcare no longer exists or even if you wanted any at all.

What happen?

It may soon be a mandate. If that happens, I expect law suits to expose the unconstitutionality of the law.

• Banned
It may soon be a mandate. If that happens, I expect law suits to expose the unconstitutionality of the law.

I've heard on CNN that tanning salons face a 10% tax. Why? Because its the same reason they want to tax cigs and its because they want to manage our health choices in life. They know that tanning salons cause skin cancer and that is bad so they have to punish that behavior with a tax.

I've heard on CNN that tanning salons face a 10% tax. Why? Because its the same reason they want to tax cigs and its because they want to manage our health choices in life. They know that tanning salons cause skin cancer and that is bad so they have to punish that behavior with a tax.

You're right. Many people don't understand the real reason why the Democrats love to tax businesses. It makes some taxpayers believe that someone else is paying the bill. People believe, 'ya, tax the small business and corporations. Let them pay for the things we need.', when in reality businesses just raise prices passing that tax on to the individual. I don't think politicians are motivated by concern for our health. All taxes are paid by the individual taxpayer.

It use to be that healthcare was a right but now it ain't because the right to pick your own method of healthcare no longer exists or even if you wanted any at all.

What happen?
Point me to the constitutional right that gave us health care.

Remember, the 'general welfare' clause is limited to the limited and enumerated powers of the constitution and therefore cannot be derived to mean you are entitled to someone else healing you.

• Banned

What happen?
Point me to the constitutional right that gave us health care.

Remember, the 'general welfare' clause is limited to the limited and enumerated powers of the constitution and therefore cannot be derived to mean you are entitled to someone else healing you.

You are correct but it was a right in the sense that if I wanted health insurance I could buy it or NOT buy it depending on my own choice. Another person also had the right not provide it for you because a right protects your "free action". It is not an obligation to get something like so many of our communist fascist fuckers that inhabit the democratic party seem to believe.

Ahhh, this is anger towards the 'mandate' portion forcing you to buy or go to jail.

That was called freedom. We used to have that, but people gave it up in trade for cheap cable DTV and American Idle. (yes the misspelling's deliberate)

Technically you do have a right to health care. All the health care you can provide yourself, unsupplied and untrained. Everything else is based on trade.

Healthcare is not a right. No political philosopher in their right mind can come to that conclusion. If they harp on that point, they are giving you a snow job.
It is a moral imperative. I fully accept it as so.
The American people are a moral people. We are trying; but there is so much self interested stupidity out there. As it has always been.

Last edited:

What happen?

Healthcare is NOT a right, and never has been you fucktard.

Here's a clue for YOU: pull your head out of your ass and just maybe you'll get some oxygen into that dumbass gourd you carry around your shoulders.:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back