Healthcare; self rationed

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
HEALTHCARE; SELF RATIONED

It means you have healthcare and cannot afford to use it. I know already, alone with millions of others what rationing healthcare is. It is already rationed. Co-payments, deductions stop people from using healthcare when they need it. Obamacare will make that go away. Be patience. It will better.
When you get one eye done for cataracts and cannot afford to get the other one done. When you have to get your teeth extracted and plates and you get them extracted one at a time because you have to pay in advance. HAWC dental clinic. That's self rationing.

Yes, that is rationing, as is the way that many of the Health Insurers manage it.

This present Bill is just the start of the direction we need to go in. I hope to see a real universal health care system in this nation in my lifetime.

How many people should be enslaved to fulfill your vision of Health Care Utopia?

Yes, that is rationing, as is the way that many of the Health Insurers manage it.

This present Bill is just the start of the direction we need to go in. I hope to see a real universal health care system in this nation in my lifetime.

I think that most of us would like to make the health care system better. We want it to be more affordable, more accessible and fairer to the consumer. This law, however, will cause more problems than solutions. It has been forced through the system too fast. The new law will cause premium cost to rise. It will force low-income families who qualify for, but haven't yet applied to, the state-funded Medicaid programs which don't have enough money in their coffers as it is. It will cause waiting lists for medical procedures, such as hip replacements and MRIs, because 36 million more people can now afford to have them.

It means you have healthcare and cannot afford to use it. I know already, alone with millions of others what rationing healthcare is. It is already rationed. Co-payments, deductions stop people from using healthcare when they need it. Obamacare will make that go away. Be patience. It will better.
When you get one eye done for cataracts and cannot afford to get the other one done. When you have to get your teeth extracted and plates and you get them extracted one at a time because you have to pay in advance. HAWC dental clinic. That's self rationing.

Hmm I would rather buy em a toothbrush and tooth paste now and spend 10 dollars for some poor person.

How many people are enslaved in Japan, Germany, or Switzerland?

You are a pretty dumb ass.

FRONTLINE: sick around the world | PBS

Throw 10-20 million people in the health care mix as illegals and see how well germany, Japan, and switzerland does. Well with their population index compared to ours it would be more like 500k people into their healthcare mix and ask em if they can keep the same standard of health care. I think you know the answer to that.

there ain't no stupid that too damn stoopid for kool aid drinkers. just damn stupid

How many people should be enslaved to fulfill your vision of Health Care Utopia?

how many people were enslaved when 49 states made auto insurance mandatory?

how many people were enslaved when social security was mandated?

personally, this social liberal is opposed to ALL of these!
but it is an extreme to say that anyone has been enslaved.

I am FIRMLY opposed to this (or ANY) mandatory health care package

I believe that ANY PERSON who wishes to contribute to other peoples health care should do so without demanding that I (or you) also be forced to pay into it.

I think that most of us would like to make the health care system better. We want it to be more affordable, more accessible and fairer to the consumer. This law, however, will cause more problems than solutions. It has been forced through the system too fast. The new law will cause premium cost to rise. It will force low-income families who qualify for, but haven't yet applied to, the state-funded Medicaid programs which don't have enough money in their coffers as it is. It will cause waiting lists for medical procedures, such as hip replacements and MRIs, because 36 million more people can now afford to have them.

But not all of those 36 million will need hip repair or any medical care at all other than a yearly check up....it is not like all 36 million will RUSH the system, imho.

Also, is this really a good reason why not to give those 36 million ACCESS to affordable regular care outside of an emergency room if they need it...because it will be too crowded....?

I believe in the Golden rule on this....

We can increase our doctors and nurses and medical technologists and Physical Therapists, and Physician Assistants and clinics and hospitals to accommodate the increase in demand....this is what any business would do...increase the supply to meet the demand.

And it is not that i agree with all of the measures in this bill....as it stood when voted on it, I would have voted a resounding NO.

The fact that dental care isn't typically thought part of the your overall health(according to most government plans) is fairly strange, isn't it?

So your teeth are what, exactly?

Not important to your health?

The fact that dental care isn't typically thought part of the your overall health(according to most government plans) is fairly strange, isn't it?

So your teeth are what, exactly?

Not important to your health?

They are important, but personel responsiblity allows yout to take care of your teeth. Or are doctors only allowed to floss and brush for people, as I posted above. I would guess that 90% of dental problems are because of bad hygiene, is that now the governments responsiblity? If I asked my dentist I am sure he would say 95% is preventable with flossing and brushing daily, the other 5% would most likely be wisdom teeth and corrective orthadantist type of work

Last edited:

That is BS. That is wealth envy. When you can't buy a Lamborghini and have to settler for a used Ugo, it's just not fair , is it?

No one in this country is denied health care today. Tomorrow that may not be so. Your definition of self rationing is nothing more than operating on a budget. Obama's rationing plan will determine who gets the treatment right away and who dies waiting in line...and the wealthy will still likely be first in line, after having paid some under-the-table bribe to some corrupt government employee hired by Obama to run the system.

how many people were enslaved when 49 states made auto insurance mandatory?
None. Car purchase is not mandatory. You can operate a vehicle on your property without a tag or insurance. It is when you operate it on public roads that you are required to have insurance...and that's a good thing.

how many people were enslaved when social security was mandated?
None. That's supposed to be your money and you're supposed to be paid from it when you retire. (Of course the Dems changed all that by moving the SS retirement funds into the general funds so they could borrow from it and spend it on whatever they choose.)

personally, this social liberal is opposed to ALL of these!
but it is an extreme to say that anyone has been enslaved.
Quite so. What is not an extreme is to say that Obamacare will enslave us.

I am FIRMLY opposed to this (or ANY) mandatory health care package

I believe that ANY PERSON who wishes to contribute to other peoples health care should do so without demanding that I (or you) also be forced to pay into it.
Obama Zombies are bent on controlling other people's money....and lives.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back