Healthcare reform \ immigration reform.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
HEALTHCARE REFORM \ IMMIGRATION REFORM.

Illegal immigrants are terrorizing and holding this country hostage with invasion and occupation and our government is allowing it to happen. Illegal immigration is taking money from Americans that they are not willing to give. Enforcement with deportation is far less costly. We have too much on our table with healthcare, education and three wars to ask the American taxpayer to pay for another “path to citizenship” with more illegal aliens coming into this country. Immigration needs to decrease if this nation is going to survive. We cannot open our borders to everyone who wants to come here wanting a piece of America. Not enough to so around for our own.
We have poverty here and charity begins at home. We have Americans that need healthcare and we are giving free healthcare to illegal aliens and their children. We have American that cannot afford higher education and we are educating children of illegal aliens. Even bringing then across the border daily to attend school here paid for by the American taxpayer. We have unskilled and skilled workers who are out of jobs and illegal aliens are taking jobs and lowering wages thus lowering the standard of living for Americans. Every job that an illegal alien has is a job lost by an American. 12 million illegal aliens are not picking lettuce.
We do not want to pay for healthcare for our own because we cannot afford it and yet we are paying for healthcare for illegal aliens. The humane thing to do for Americans and the right thing to do is deportation with the E-Verify system enforced.
If we have another “amnesty” or “path to citizenship,” whatever you want to call it, it means the same. We may as well open the border and put out a “welcome” mat because the American military will not be able to secure our border and stop illegal immigration. If they know that if the can cross the border they can stay. Even better chance or staying if they have an American born baby. And they are having children as fast as cockroaches multiply. 400 million here already and growing. The only thing that will stop them from coming is knowing they cannot work. And if they cannot work and they will not come.
We are not a country of freebies so lets stop being a country of freebies. The American people pay for everything one way of another.

America's 10 Most Impoverished Cities

are cities that have the largest population of illegal aliens.

America's Top 5 Most Impoverished Cities
1. 1. El Centro, Calif.
El Centro, Calif., Metro Area
Population: 153,503
Per capita income: $15,840
Income of bottom one-fifth: $9,511
People earning below 50% of poverty line: 7.2%
Food stamp recipients: 17%
Public health care recipients under age 65: 43,426
2008 unemployment: 22.9%
2. Rocky Mount, N.C.
Rocky Mount, N.C., Metro Area
Population: 143,364
Per capita income: $22,662
Income of bottom one-fifth: $7,840
People earning below 50% of poverty line: 7.8%
Food stamp recipients: 17%
Public health care recipients under age 65: 28,048
2008 unemployment: 8.7%
3. Flint, Mich.
Flint, Mich., Metro Area
Population: 425,348
Per capita income: $22,836
Income of bottom one-fifth: $9,578
People earning below 50% of poverty line: 8.9%
Food stamp recipients: 16%
Public health care recipients under age 65: 95,670
2008 unemployment: 10.6%
4. Macon, Ga.
Macon, Ga., Metro Area
Population: 226,170
Per capita income: $21,913
Income of bottom one-fifth: $8,052
People earning below 50% of poverty line: 8.9%
Food stamp recipients: 15%
Public health care recipients under age 65: 46,710
2008 unemployment: 6.3%
5. Saginaw, Mich.Saginaw-Saginaw Township North, Mich., Metro Area
Population: 196,708
Per capita income: $22,077
Income of bottom one-fifth: $9,259
People earning below 50% of poverty line: 9.7%
Food stamp recipients: 15%
Public health care recipients under age 65: 41,730
2008 unemployment: 8.6%
Click here for the full list of America's 10 Most Impoverished Cities

Nothing new there.....when this country continues to import poverty, there is no chance in hell that ALL cities won't be improvished and all at taxpayers expense - Welcome to America the welfare country.

just recieve this e-mail today (Thank you for contacting my office to share your concerns about illegal immigration. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

As you may know, in 2007 Congress debated the immigration issue on the floor of the Senate. Along with 53 other Senators, I voted against cloture to end debate on that immigration bill and as a result of this vote, the bill died. I believe the bill was unfair to those that follow the law and that it was not sufficient to solve the border security issue. Directly after the vote, I spoke with several architects of the bill and told them that going forward our approach needs to be a more modest bill that emphasizes border security, employer verification systems, visa exit and entrance mechanisms and other provisions that will put us in a position to actually enforce our immigration policy.

Regrettably, Congress has not done nearly enough to address the issue since that time. I am in favor of immigration reform, provided it is fair to the American people and the immigrants who have come to our country legally. Unfortunately though, we have lost credibility in Washington on this issue. I believe that before the American people will be willing to get behind an immigration policy, we need to demonstrate to them that the federal government is going to do what it says it will do, especially when it comes to securing our border. While U.S. Border Patrol has roughly doubled in size, about 700 miles of fencing have been constructed on the southern border, and illegal crossings are estimated to have decreased about 20% each of the last two years, our country has a long way to go before fully enforcing our immigration laws. I will continue to work in the Senate to provide our country's law enforcement and homeland security agencies with the resources they need to enforce the law and thereby restore the trust of the American people).

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

Forum List

Back