Healthcare for all would cost $32 TRILLION over 10 years.

So I can’t put a link on this because I was just watching this on TV during a panel discussion.

So what they said was that 32 trillion sounds like a lot unless you look at the big picture. If you take all the money spent now to insurance companies and take the money that is used for eyeglasses and hearing aids and all that other kind of stuff and put it all together and then, in its place, healthcare for everyone, the estimated cost is $32 trillion over 10 years.

But the savings would be trillions.

So what they were saying was that over the next 10 years we’re going to spend way more than 32 trillion anyway.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. If we just follow the GOP plan of let the fukers die, then we will probably save some money.

Depending on how many Americans die, potentially we could save a lot of money. Thank God the rich ones will be OK.

Where are the savings?

So I can’t put a link on this because I was just watching this on TV during a panel discussion.

So what they said was that 32 trillion sounds like a lot unless you look at the big picture. If you take all the money spent now to insurance companies and take the money that is used for eyeglasses and hearing aids and all that other kind of stuff and put it all together and then, in its place, healthcare for everyone, the estimated cost is $32 trillion over 10 years.

So what they were saying was that over the next 10 years we’re going to spend way more than 32 trillion anyway.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. If we just follow the GOP plan of let the fukers die, then we will probably save some money.

Depending on how many Americans die, potentially we could save a lot of money. Thank God the rich ones will be OK.
We would save hundreds of billions by not paying the profit vampires in the insurance industry.

Savings that would quickly evaporate due to union represented claims adjusters being paid more than the private market would bear and receiving unsustainable Cadillac pension plans.

Removing the need to maintain a fiscally responsible combined ratio, efficiency would decline further eliminating any reduction in costs.

We would save hundreds of billions by not paying the profit vampires in the insurance industry.

Savings that would quickly evaporate due to union represented claims adjusters being paid more than the private market would bear and receiving unsustainable Cadillac pension plans.

Removing the need to maintain a fiscally responsible combined ratio, efficiency would decline further eliminating any reduction in costs.
No, we would be taking the private, for profit insurance industry out of the equation.

No, we would be taking the private, for profit insurance industry out of the equation.
That doesn't magically translate into savings, if your costs go up.

Not if you're talking about "Medicare For All".

It's a popular myth that Medicare is government run insurance, but it's not. It's farmed out to private insurance companies. That's right, they're subbing it out to the same "profit vampires" selling private insurance.

So, if "Medicare For All" is supposed to be an expansion of the existing Medicare program to cover everyone, it wont be "taking the private, for profit insurance industry out of the equation". It will be entrenching them ever deeper.

Why would costs go up? Removing the for profit insurance companies would save him bdreds of billions of dollars.

Really how would that work

no need to worry democrats like cortez would just x3 raise taxes and destroy or economy

ZOMG!! You're a genius!! Let's cut out the car companies and give everyone a free car!!
If you think insurance companies provide healthcare you are dumber than I thought.

And I already thought you were pretty damn stupid.

You know how much I value your opinion

Why would costs go up? Removing the for profit insurance companies would save him bdreds of billions of dollars.

And how do you propose to remove the for profit insurance companies? Medicare doesn't do that. Do you have another model in mind?

And you think that's a good thing?

And how do you propose to remove the for profit insurance companies? Medicare doesn't do that. Do you have another model in mind?

He does: Venezuela, North Korea and Cuba

God I love sarcasm! Every time I hear how much money we are going to save, I end up counting how much money we lost.

Where are the savings?
Annual U.S. Healthcare Spending Hits $3.8 Trillion

What is $3.8 trillion x 10?

Single payer government run healthcare. Eliminate the middle men, which is all health insurance companies are. Direct payments to providers.

Single payer government run healthcare. Eliminate the middle men, which is all health insurance companies are. Direct payments to providers.

Then you need to stop using "Medicare for All" as the rallying cry. Because Medicare does none of that.

I've already explained how costs could go up (feel free to actually read my posts)

It's clear that you don't understand how insurance works and don't really understand the inherent costs.

Instead you simply want to believe a narrative based on magical thinking, which is devoid of information, logic and common sense.

There's not much I can do to change the perspective of someone who's perspective is based on fantasy and not reality.

Cheers

Last edited:
Medicare for all doesn't cost the government a cent. It is paid for by workers and employers. Most of universal health care would also be paid for by the beneficiaries.

Medicare for all doesn't cost the government a cent. It is paid for by workers and employers. Most of universal health care would also be paid for by the beneficiaries.

And all that money is funneled to insurance companies. Just like now, except the government decides which insurance company you'll be paying.

So how much do beneficiaries have to pay to afford a system that will cost upwards of 5.3 trillion dollars a year. There are just over 300 million americans. You do the math.

Forum List

Back