Healthcare cost a crime

I went into ER with a temperature of 102 with a bladder infection. I was given a urinalysis, a chest X-ray (?), IV antibiotics and sent home with Vicodin (I did not ask for) and received a copy of charges to Medicare for $3,965.50. I had to take Remsa, I live a block away from the hospital and the charges was $1000. I noticed these costs had gone up about 25% in the last few years.

[...]
I understand what you're saying because I recently posted my own experience with an ER. And there is no question that the cost of treating illegal aliens is the cause of these outrageous charges.

While it appears government has no intention of deporting illegals who are in need of medical attention, and because the vast majority of medical problems treated at hospital ERs do not require the attention of MDs, I've suggested that government set up walk-in medical centers in certain areas which are staffed by former military medics, retired EMTs, and Nurse Practicioners -- most of whom are as competent and capable at treating 99% of typical ER problems as any hospital intern. And anyone requesting treatment at one of these centers would be required to waive all rights to sue for malpractice, which is the root cause of the bureaucratic hassle and treatment excesses at all ERs.

The cost of maintaining these centers probably wouldn't amount to ten percent of the existing cost of treating illegals at hospital ERs.

And there is no question that the cost of treating illegal aliens is the cause of these outrageous charges.

actually it is because ER's generally have no competition.

Imagine if Ford Motors had no competition. What incentive would they have to lower your price or raise the quality. Now you understand Republican capitalism too.

As long as we have private health insurance, there's not going to be much improvement. Insurance companies make money by collecting premiums, not paying claims.

always perfectly stupid and liberal!!!!

there is no private insurance competition because liberals made it illegal. Are you a robot programmed to keep saying the same dumb things over and over. Have you no pride????
In my state there are between 50 and 100 health insurance providers.

As long as we have private health insurance, there's not going to be much improvement. Insurance companies make money by collecting premiums, not paying claims.

there is no private insurance competition because liberals made it illegal. Are you a robot programmed to keep saying the same dumb things over and over. Have you no pride????

who's talking about your state??

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow??

Uh huh, and everyone of them are probably acting in some kind of unwritten "UNISON/UNIONISM" together at their levels, just so they can keep the rates high and close to one another, and this in order to not undermine each other on, or it is within their figuring that they would all fail if each were to (go independent) of one another.

Many unionize, even though there is no formal setting or structure to put ones finger upon it always, but I garantee you that they unionize at various levels, and this by using (trends and/or hidden agreements within these cliques), and then they dare or talk down about anyone else ever thinking of also unionizing in a legit way, as if they aren't doing it themselves as the exampled "beamer club gang" or what ever they may be into calling themselves, where their offices are usually upon the nearest golf course, where they know that they darn well are off the record mostly there, where as they are well within the cliques habbitat, and in uniison together on many ideals along with their ideologies when get together to do their business regarding us, but be damned if anyone else attempts the same, in order to even the score better or to even it up just a little maybe.

Last edited:

Uh huh, and everyone of them are probably acting in some kind of unwritten "UNISON/UNIONISM" together at their levels, just so they can keep the rates high and close to one another, and this in order to not undermine each other on, or it is within their figuring that they would all fail if each were to (go independent) of one another.

Many unionize, even though there is no formal setting or structure to put ones finger upon it always, but I garantee you that they unionize at various levels, and this by using (trends and/or hidden agreements within these cliques), and then they dare or talk down about anyone else ever thinking of also unionizing in a legit way, as if they aren't doing it themselves as the exampled "beamer club gang" or what ever they may be into calling themselves, where their offices are usually upon the nearest golf course, where they know that they darn well are off the record mostly there, where as they are well within the cliques habbitat, and in uniison together on many ideals along with their ideologies when get together to do their business regarding us, but be damned if anyone else attempts the same, in order to even the score better or to even it up just a little maybe.

all true there is huge crony liberal capitalism on the state level with interstate competition made illegal by liberals.

Illiterates like lilolady "think" universal healthcare will bring costs down , improve benefits, while adding 40 million to the welfareCare rolls...............

Yes They Can !!!!!!!! lol

And there is no question that the cost of treating illegal aliens is the cause of these outrageous charges.

Imagine if Ford Motors had no competition. What incentive would they have to lower your price or raise the quality. Now you understand Republican capitalism too.
I would be forced to agree with you were it not for the number of hospitals which have been bankrupted and driven out of business by the requirement to treat illegals in their ERs. » Sherline: What Do Illegal Aliens Cost Hospitals? » Commentary -- GOPUSA

But I must agree that hospitals need competition in the form of walk-in medical centers in poor neighborhoods which are staffed by former military medics, EMTs and nurse practicioners. Only those cases which require the attention of physicians would be ambulanced to a regular hospital. Treatment at these centers would require signing a waiver discharging any future malpractice claim.

The quality of treatment at these centers would be comparable to that received by military personnel and the cost would be vastly reduced due to eliminating impositions of the medical bureaucracy. Problems that call for a penicillin shot and a band-aid would receive that and nothing more.

I would be forced to agree with you were it not for the number of hospitals which have been bankrupted and driven out of business by the requirement to treat illegals in their ERs. » Sherline: What Do Illegal Aliens Cost Hospitals? » Commentary -- GOPUSA

But I must agree that hospitals need competition in the form of walk-in medical centers in poor neighborhoods which are staffed by former military medics, EMTs and nurse practicioners. Only those cases which require the attention of physicians would be ambulanced to a regular hospital. Treatment at these centers would require signing a waiver discharging any future malpractice claim.

The quality of treatment at these centers would be comparable to that received by military personnel and the cost would be vastly reduced due to eliminating impositions of the medical bureaucracy. Problems that call for a penicillin shot and a band-aid would receive that and nothing more.
Ok, but how much will that bandaid and shot cost the government that is funding the facility, by those companies who would provide the facility with the shot and band aids, by what is known about through corrupted government contracts ? This is where it all goes wrong most of the time, and then we as taxpayers payers pay for it down the road big time, because government accountability is totally missing in all of this mess, and it is also missing at most any government run anything it seems (except for the military), and now they are beginning to get slacker and slacker under ultra liberalist leaderships. How much longer I wonder, can this nation keep traveling down these no where roads it has been on for so long now ?

With between 50 and 100 thousand Jew lawyers looking to stake a claim.

There are a couple of problems with your plan. First off, former military medics, EMTs and nurse practitioners can't write prescription, although in some states Nurse Practitioners can.

Studies have shown the in primary care, Nurse Practitioners do quite well. But there is a caveat. Nurse Practitioners usually work with or under supervision of doctors.

Combat medics are trained to provide medical assistance in combat situations and can do trauma care that's beyond the scope of a civil medic. Civil medic are typically used as LPNs in military hospitals. EMT personnel are trained to stabilize victims in traumatic situations. None of the these people are trained to diagnose diseases or prescribe treatments.

Clinics operated by health departments often use a triage approach staffed with nurses, nurse practitioners, and physicians. This is an acceptable approach to providing medicare care for the poor as long you accept the premise that the best medical care is to reserved for those that can pay and the poor are to receive a lower level of care.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back