Health-Washing: Is 'Healthy' Fast Food for Real?

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
That's the killer. You need to know exactly what you're ordering. They aren't butchering the chickens on the premises.

I eat low carb; I avoid veggies at fast food joints because of the risk of food borne illness (I don't place a lot of trust in people racing around, often with limited life experience or common sense, getting my salad packaged without getting something nasty in it). I'll eat meat & eggs sans salad or bread. I love mcdonald's sausage egg mcmuffins...without muffins. It comes straight from the heat to my container, limited chance of contamination and the ingredients are pretty basic.

I tried the McDonalds oatmeal...it was pretty good I thought. And apparently the nutritional facts weren't too bad either. A little good new for when you want a healthy snack from a fast food chain at least.

Ingredients:

Oatmeal- Whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, food starch-modified, salt, natural maple flavor with other natural flavor (plant source), barley malt extract, caramel color.
Diced Apples- Apples, calcium ascorbate (a blend of calcium and vitamin C to maintain freshness and color).
Cranberry Raisin Blend Dried sweetened cranberries (sugar, cranberries), California raisins, golden raisins, sunflower oil, sulfur dioxide (preservative).
Light Cream Milk, cream, sodium phosphate, datem, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium citrate, carrageenan.

Nutritional Information: 290 calories, 4.5 g fat, 57 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 5 g fiber, 160 mg sodium (PointsPlus 7)

Is McDonalds Oatmeal Healthy? | Snack Girl

Forum List

Back