Health Premiums Up $3,000; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut

Does it bother you at all that basically your entire post is incorrect?

Well RD. Lets wait and see in 2014 when all this crap kicks in.

Of course my premiums have gone up since Obamacare came on the scene as has anyone who's buying their own insurance. Thats a fact.

I'll still stick with my post. If you think Obamacare is gonna be cheaper then I think your in for a vast disappointment there RD.

I agree that I don't think Obamacare will do enough to contain costs, but to act like your rising premiums are BECAUSE of Obamacare is just false. Healthcare costs were rising rapidly way before Obama ever took office.

Allow me.......​

Of course my premiums have gone up since Obamacare came on the scene as has anyone who's buying their own insurance. Thats a fact.

I'll still stick with my post. If you think Obamacare is gonna be cheaper then I think your in for a vast disappointment there RD.

I agree that I don't think Obamacare will do enough to contain costs, but to act like your rising premiums are BECAUSE of Obamacare is just false. Healthcare costs were rising rapidly way before Obama ever took office.

You also don't seem to understand that we all were already paying for everyone elses healthcare before this legislation through increased premiums and costs. This happened everytime someone showed up at an ER without healthcare coverage or when someone went bankrupt due to medical bills (even when they had health insurance!).

So this legislation does attempt to address those items by helping people get health insurance so that they don't use the ER for their care and slows down the rate of medical bankruptcy due to medical bills by removing caps on coverage and prevention of coverage due to preexisting conditions. These things need time to take effect and see the result.

This bill is FAR from perfect but to act like your costs are going up because of this bill is just flat incorrect.

then why did Obama promise it would cost only 1 Trillion over the next 10 years......when the numbers show it will cost about 3 X that.....?

New Numbers Show ObamaCare Will Cost 3 Times More Than President Promised | Fox News Insider

'Cause FAUX Noise lies......

:eusa_eh:

The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), or just Kaiser Family Foundation, is a U.S.-based non-profit, non-partisan, private operating foundation headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It focuses on the major health care issues facing the nation, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy. The Foundation states that it is a "non-partisan source of facts and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the general public." The Foundation is no longer affiliated with Kaiser Permanente or Kaiser Industries.

Henry J Kaiser was one of my neighbors when I was a kid on Orcas Island. I met him. He was nice.

The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), or just Kaiser Family Foundation, is a U.S.-based non-profit, non-partisan, private operating foundation headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It focuses on the major health care issues facing the nation, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy. The Foundation states that it is a "non-partisan source of facts and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the general public." The Foundation is no longer affiliated with Kaiser Permanente or Kaiser Industries.

Henry J Kaiser was one of my neighbors when I was a kid on Orcas Island. I met him. He was nice.

He had a pretty-cool ride, too!!

0807sr_08_z+1951_henry_j_gasser+turtle_wax_top_100_columbus.jpg

Dear Obama voters,

Do NOT cash all those checks Obama wrote during his campaign. The 53% of Americans who pay income taxes cannot honor them. You have been conned.

Sincerely,
Reality

Does it bother you at all that basically your entire post is incorrect?

You also don't seem to understand that we all were already paying for everyone elses healthcare before this legislation through increased premiums and costs. This happened everytime someone showed up at an ER without healthcare coverage or when someone went bankrupt due to medical bills (even when they had health insurance!).

So this legislation does attempt to address those items by helping people get health insurance so that they don't use the ER for their care and slows down the rate of medical bankruptcy due to medical bills by removing caps on coverage and prevention of coverage due to preexisting conditions. These things need time to take effect and see the result.

This bill is FAR from perfect but to act like your costs are going up because of this bill is just flat incorrect.

Seems to me I read somewhere that they had to up premiums before Obamcare kicks in to cover the costs when it does kick in.

I read loads of info on Obamacare so I could be mistaken.

Seems to me I read somewhere that they had to up premiums before Obamcare kicks in to cover the costs when it does kick in.

Health insurance companies were raising premiums regardless. Facts tell that story.

For a guy who believes he can stop the oceans from rising, stopping rising insurance premiums shouldn't even break him into a sweat!

Health insurance companies were raising premiums regardless. Facts tell that story.

Yeah. To cover the costs of the uninsured.

Folks buying their own insurance have seen their costs skyrocket. Was watching O'Reilly and he says his cost jumped by 3 grand.

So I think theres more to it than just the usual cost increases.

Folks buying their own insurance have seen their costs skyrocket. Was watching O'Reilly and he says his cost jumped by 3 grand.

Right to cover the costs of the uninsured and for those going bankrupt. So tell me this, do you think it would be cheaper for someone to receive care through the ER or by going to a family doctor?

Right to cover the costs of the uninsured and for those going bankrupt. So tell me this, do you think it would be cheaper for someone to receive care through the ER or by going to a family doctor?

To also cover the costs of those with pre-existing conditions, as in the Obama Tax legislation. To cover more children under their parents plan, to cover those who made an "honest mistake" on their application and a host of other cost dumpings mandated on insurers.

It may not be the only thing raising healthcare insurance costs, but it most certainly is helping. Which was the plan. Make the system so unsustainable plebs scream for a single payer government option. It's all in the bill...that we had to sign to read.....

He had a pretty-cool ride, too!!

0807sr_08_z+1951_henry_j_gasser+turtle_wax_top_100_columbus.jpg

He had lots of cool rides. I was beach combing one morning and walked up to his boat house/dock and there was this elderly guy in beige green overalls fixing something on the deck. Turns out it was HJK himself. I told the guy "nice boats" he laughed and said "thanks" and held out his hand and introduced himself to the skinny eleven year old kid. Inside this huge Boathouse were three identical 50 ft Chris Crafts and one smaller one like my own 35 footer. Up on the beach next to the dock was the Original Hawaii Kai hydroplane and a smaller identical one that was kid size. There were a fleet of blue jeeps above in the house parking lot.

Out in the deeper water anchored was his yaght..about a hundred fifty footer. One of my brothers worked a couple of summers on the yaght.

Last edited:

To also cover the costs of those with pre-existing conditions, as in the Obama Tax legislation. To cover more children under their parents plan, to cover those who made an "honest mistake" on their application and a host of other cost dumpings mandated on insurers.

It may not be the only thing raising healthcare insurance costs, but it most certainly is helping. Which was the plan. Make the system so unsustainable plebs scream for a single payer government option. It's all in the bill...that we had to sign to read.....

The system was already unsustainable. Single payer would be a welcome change. Or even better, a true public option.

The costs also rose to cover things like all the "free" preventative health screenings and "free" birth control.

Forum List

Back