Health Premiums Up $3,000; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut

Yeah....it's time to go single-payer.​

For-profit insurance companies PROMISED Obama prices would go down. At least we found-out, before Obama's 2nd Term....that for-profit companies CAN'T be trusted!!!

singlepayer.jpg

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

You are a dumbass, he knew it would go up.....that's his plan....move to Cuba or Canada if you want single payer....there are plenty of options fo you, fucktard
Yep....and, VERMONT'S LEADING-THE-WAY......just like Saskatchewan!!!!

"The success of the province's public health care program was not lost on the federal government.

In 1964, Justice Hall recommended the nationwide adoption of Saskatchewan's model of public health insurance."

Medicare; Canada!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfEFwbRBupk]Kiefer Sutherland introduces the Tommy Douglas Showcase - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgWjW1PoHf0]Kiefer Sutherland's Grandfather Remembered For Bringing Universal Healthcare System To Canada 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ1lPPTPSR4]SiCKO - Canadian Waiting Room Scene - YouTube[/ame]

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Single pay won't work because 50% of Americans don't pay Federal Income TAX.. the rest of us can't afford to tote your sorry asses around on our backs.

Of course Obamacare is gonna cost more.

The Govt, in its entire history, has never run anything cheaply or well and they will be running Obamacare.

Those of us who have HC coverage will be paying up the ass to cover those without. Obamacare sucks and the only winners are those who didn't have HC before. The rest of us will be paying their freight as well as our own.

Anyone who think Obamacare is gonna be cheaper is an idiot.

Regular Medicare is cheaper than the privatized version Medicare Advantage.

isn't Medicare Advantage the private insurance that covers all the GAPS (meaning the costs not covered) in regular Medicare coverage......?

You're referring-to the......​

....BU$HCO Hu$tle!!!

Among the key findings:​

•Under the MMA, Medicare has been significantly overpaying private plans under Medicare Advantage. In 2005, Medicare overpaid private plans by at least 7% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $2.7 billion. In 2006, overpayment reached 11% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $4.6 billion.

•Under the MMA, Congress set aside $10 billion for an unnecessary subsidy (or "stabilization fund") to regional PPOs. This year, however, 88% of beneficiaries have access to a regional PPO, before the so-called "stabilization fund" was even tapped--no subsidy was necessary.

•Medicare Part D drug prices are substantially higher than the prices obtained by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which negotiates prices on behalf of consumers. For all of the top 20 drugs prescribed to seniors, the lowest price charged by any Part D plan was higher than the lowest price secured by the VA. Yet Congress refused to let Medicare negotiate directly with the drug companies, as the VA does.

•Bottom line: this report shows that, unfortunately for consumers and taxpayers, the MMA has not even come close to meeting the high expectations set for it by Congress. Consumers are getting hurt and taxpayers fleeced, while insurance companies and drug manufacturers are raking in money faster than they can count it. Congress needs to move away from this deeply flawed privatization model, and instead focus on strengthening Medicare.

....i.e. what it costs us to carry healthmyth's lame-ass......

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. You mean to tell me that government mandating the populace buy a product increases demand, and as a result providers charge more for it? I never would have seen that one coming. On the flip side, those tax penalties are becoming more and more attractive as the price of health insurance goes up.

So, what do we do? Sit around and bitch about how bad the health care law is, and hope that enough whining accomplishes something? Or should we focus on coming up with better alternatives to get us toward the goals that the health care law was hoping and attempting to address?

Let me get this straight. You mean to tell me that government mandating the populace buy a product increases demand, and as a result providers charge more for it? I never would have seen that one coming. On the flip side, those tax penalties are becoming more and more attractive as the price of health insurance goes up.

So, what do we do? Sit around and bitch about how bad the health care law is, and hope that enough whining accomplishes something? Or should we focus on coming up with better alternatives to get us toward the goals that the health care law was hoping and attempting to address?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxNhOBemsic]Q&A: T.R. Reid - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1acHg3mhw]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Single Payer Health Insurance | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

I went to a Wellness Program with a high deductible and a requirement to live a healthy life. Included for an additional 1K a year is a dental plan for the 4 of us.
Of course the fat, lazy and dope eaters do not qualify and they are pissed that their premiums are skyricketing.
My neighbor is self employed also and his wife, 3 of his 4 kids take anxiety medicine. He snorts alcohol, SMOKES LIKE A CHIMNEY and takes high blood pressure and many other pills including asthma and allergy pills and he wonders why his insurance company dropped his prescription coverage which he pays about $1200 a month in dope for.
I do not like the Obama plan but consumers can take the steps to lower their premiums:
1. DO NOT go with a plan that pays a nickel for ordinary doctor visits. If Jr. has a runny nose put him to bed and make chicken soup. If Missy has a headache give her an aspirin. Worst thing ever are these medical plans that pay for small time nothings. Your car or nome owners insurance does not pay for oil changes and new paint and carpet. WAKE UP.
2. Go with a wellness plan and insist your employer go to one. In our county the local government tried ti implement one to the screams of the "I deserve my health care" of the government employees. Humana did a test of the 1200 employees and 55% were overweight, 30% obese seriously and so they told the county that they would write them at a 30% additional premium.
Biggest reason health care is so high in this country is unhealthy citizens, fat and lazy citizens, unproductive citizens and citizens that DEMAND free blank check health care on demand. Liability insurance for doctors is about 27th on the list.
Americans need to wake the hell up, get the fat seniors off their scooters and start taking responsibility FOR THEIR OWN DAMN HEALTH.

I posted this a few days ago:

Because of Obamacare, family premiums will increase even higher (medical inflation) and tens of millions of uninsured (including millions of covered employees) will be herded into government-subsidized insurance exchanges, creating a massive Medicaid program that will starve private insurance providers and eventually force a single-payer system run entirely by government. As a result, the quality of health care in America will drop substantially for all but the wealthy. The middle class will get hit the hardest. This is by design.

No kidding. Mine went from $499.00 per month when ObamaTax was passed to $849.00 per month now. And that is for catastrophic insurance with a $5000.00 deductible with a 50% co-pay up to $11,000.00

Last edited:

What would happen if government mandated everyone exercise, eat right and not smoke?
And levied a fine for those that did not comply.
Who is in charge to keep the accounting of this?
Who is there to prosecute those that do not comply?
What to do with those that do not comply?
What about the political aspects of the waivers that government gives to say unions, or other entities?
What will be the % of those that do not care about the fines, will pay the fines to beleft alone?
So what does that accomplish, a government mandate?
Same with the government mandate on car insurance. In Georgia they estimate 15-20% drive without it, they buy it by the month here and then go until they get caught, IF they get caught.
Same with the mandated health care law. Good intentions but as usual, those that supported it and pushed it HAVE NO CLUE about the reality of the marketplace and the actions of the population.
This health care law can not and will not lower health care costs in America. All it amounts to is more of the same with a pant load of rules and regulations on those THAT ALREADY HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE.
Personal responsibility, like the free lunch school programs, is taken from the parents and put once again on the backs of the taxpayer. There are entire schools in Georgia where all the kids get a free lunch. Where are the fathers? Who keeps track of why they do not pay?
Pass the buck is all this amounts to once again.

The real problem with HC is the cost and Obamacare does nothing to address this.

Its just loads the system down with those without and expects those of us with to the pay the freight.

The Govt, in its entire history, has never run anything cheaply or well and they will be running Obamacare.

Those of us who have HC coverage will be paying up the ass to cover those without. Obamacare sucks and the only winners are those who didn't have HC before. The rest of us will be paying their freight as well as our own.

Does it bother you at all that basically your entire post is incorrect?

I posted this a few days ago:

Because of Obamacare, family premiums will increase even higher (medical inflation) and tens of millions of uninsured (including millions of covered employees) will be herded into government-subsidized insurance exchanges, creating a massive Medicaid program that will starve private insurance providers and eventually force a single-payer system run entirely by government. As a result, the quality of health care in America will drop substantially for all but the wealthy. The middle class will get hit the hardest. This is by design.

No kidding. Mine went from $499.00 per month when ObamaTax was passed to $849.00 per month now. And that is for catastrophic insurance with a $5000.00 deductible wit a 50% co-pay up to $11,000.00

Yeah.....sure Obama set your rates.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

dope-slap.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabagger

Single pay won't work because 50% of Americans don't pay Federal Income TAX.. the rest of us can't afford to tote your sorry asses around on our backs.

What does 'Single Pay' have to do with our system?

Well RD. Lets wait and see in 2014 when all this crap kicks in.

Of course my premiums have gone up since Obamacare came on the scene as has anyone who's buying their own insurance. Thats a fact.

I'll still stick with my post. If you think Obamacare is gonna be cheaper then I think your in for a vast disappointment there RD.

Of course my premiums have gone up since Obamacare came on the scene as has anyone who's buying their own insurance. Thats a fact.

I'll still stick with my post. If you think Obamacare is gonna be cheaper then I think your in for a vast disappointment there RD.

I agree that I don't think Obamacare will do enough to contain costs, but to act like your rising premiums are BECAUSE of Obamacare is just false. Healthcare costs were rising rapidly way before Obama ever took office.

You also don't seem to understand that we all were already paying for everyone elses healthcare before this legislation through increased premiums and costs. This happened everytime someone showed up at an ER without healthcare coverage or when someone went bankrupt due to medical bills (even when they had health insurance!).

So this legislation does attempt to address those items by helping people get health insurance so that they don't use the ER for their care and slows down the rate of medical bankruptcy due to medical bills by removing caps on coverage and prevention of coverage due to preexisting conditions. These things need time to take effect and see the result.

This bill is FAR from perfect but to act like your costs are going up because of this bill is just flat incorrect.

I agree that I don't think Obamacare will do enough to contain costs, but to act like your rising premiums are BECAUSE of Obamacare is just false. Healthcare costs were rising rapidly way before Obama ever took office.

You also don't seem to understand that we all were already paying for everyone elses healthcare before this legislation through increased premiums and costs. This happened everytime someone showed up at an ER without healthcare coverage or when someone went bankrupt due to medical bills (even when they had health insurance!).

So this legislation does attempt to address those items by helping people get health insurance so that they don't use the ER for their care and slows down the rate of medical bankruptcy due to medical bills by removing caps on coverage and prevention of coverage due to preexisting conditions. These things need time to take effect and see the result.

This bill is FAR from perfect but to act like your costs are going up because of this bill is just flat incorrect.

then why did Obama promise it would cost only 1 Trillion over the next 10 years......when the numbers show it will cost about 3 X that.....?

New Numbers Show ObamaCare Will Cost 3 Times More Than President Promised | Fox News Insider

They've BEEN going-up....significantly....since 2000....and, anyone who's buying their own insurance would KNOW that!!!

then why did Obama promise it would cost only 1 Trillion over the next 10 years......when the numbers show it will cost about 3 X that.....?

New Numbers Show ObamaCare Will Cost 3 Times More Than President Promised | Fox News Insider

Tell me this. How much would healthcare costs have continued to rise if we left the status quo? I already said it doesn't do enough to contain costs, but we had a massive problem before this legislation. The legislation didn't do enough to fix the cost aspect but it certainly didn't create the problem.

Forum List

Back