"Health is a right"

I don't know if it's a legal "right"... but it's certainly the right thing.
That is irrelevant, though.

no, it isn't...

see the general welfare clause of the constitution.

are you saying the US is a failed nation that can't do what every other western nation does?

No, I think he's just saying you don't know what you are talking about.

:eek:

from you, that's a joke. and his opinion isn't much more relevant than yours.

*yawn*

How many of your clients have gotten the chair this month?

:lmao:
:rofl:

you have a right to healthcare in the sense that you have a right to seek whatever medical attention you need without the government impeding you, not a right to the products and services of others at gunpoint.

No guns are involved but the one that might have caused you to visit the ER.
when the government mandates anything, guns ARE involved. re read hank reardon's speech to the courts in "atlas shrugged".

Ayn Rand is for stupid teenage boys. And she died nuts and on Social Security.
She knew more about freedom than you ever thought of....

She knew nothing, and fucked another woman's husband then tried to destroy his career when he broke off their affair. Her life like her ' philosophy' was a lie.

What kind of right is it?

no, it isn't...

are you saying the US is a failed nation that can't do what every other western nation does?

No, I think he's just saying you don't know what you are talking about.

:eek:

from you, that's a joke. and his opinion isn't much more relevant than yours.

*yawn*

It's not their opinion or mine it's the Supreme Courts, the general welfare clause has no bearing on the case.

What kind of right is it?

no, it isn't...

The general welfare clause only grants the Federal Government to spend federal tax revenue within the confines of their very specifically defined Constitutional powers, it is not blanket authority to spend the peoples money on whatever they deem important to the nation at the moment, healthcare is a state issue try reading Article X which is not vague but clear and concise:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Thanks rachel!

Rachel?

you have a right to healthcare in the sense that you have a right to seek whatever medical attention you need without the government impeding you, not a right to the products and services of others at gunpoint.

No guns are involved but the one that might have caused you to visit the ER.
when the government mandates anything, guns ARE involved. re read hank reardon's speech to the courts in "atlas shrugged".

Ayn Rand is for stupid teenage boys. And she died nuts and on Social Security.
She knew more about freedom than you ever thought of....

She knew nothing, and fucked another woman's husband then tried to destroy his career when he broke off their affair. Her life like her ' philosophy' was a lie.
sounds similar to hillary and bill :dunno:

no, it isn't...

The general welfare clause only grants the Federal Government to spend federal tax revenue within the confines of their very specifically defined Constitutional powers, it is not blanket authority to spend the peoples money on whatever they deem important to the nation at the moment, healthcare is a state issue try reading Article X which is not vague but clear and concise:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Thanks rachel!

Rachel?
maddow?
Remember the other day? lol

Many people say that the government can't grant you rights, that the government only exists to protect the rights you already have - given by your Creator as the D of I says.

With this thread you see the clear flaw in that argument (one I've pointed out many a time)

Who decides what are and aren't your natural rights?

Ask the God and Natural Rights morons to explain - prohibition?

Many people say that the government can't grant you rights, that the government only exists to protect the rights you already have - given by your Creator as the D of I says.

With this thread you see the clear flaw in that argument (one I've pointed out many a time)

Nature

What's her phone number? I want a ruling on abortion and guns?

Nature

What's her phone number? I want a ruling on abortion and guns?
what?

1. Prohibition was an overreach by the government and was repealed. They did not grant us the right to drink. They took their unlawful restriction on our rights away.

2. Carb is a liar, his question has been answered by me and many others. He just refuses to accept it.

we dont have the right to liberty not do we have the right to pursue happiness either. Those phrases are vague and poorly written. Those words are el bunko. We surely don't have the right to healthcare.

we dont have the right to liberty not do we have the right to pursue happiness either. Those phrases are vague and poorly written. Those words are el bunko. We surely don't have the right to healthcare.
fucking GENIUS! :cuckoo:

The only specific right I've seen in the constitution or amendments is where it says our right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Prohibition was enacted through a constitutional amendment ratified by the states.

1. Prohibition was an overreach by the government and was repealed. They did not grant us the right to drink. They took their unlawful restriction on our rights away.

It wasn't legislation it was a constitutional amendment ratified by the states.

Forum List

Back