"Health is a right"

you have a right to healthcare in the sense that you have a right to seek whatever medical attention you need without the government impeding you, not a right to the products and services of others at gunpoint.

At gunpoint? I thought the 2nd Amendment protected your right to keep and bear arms? And use them.

lol
is there supposed to be a point in that post?

If government policy interferes with my access to health care, then it is impeding on my right to life.

Not covering people does the same.
It's not the government's job to provide me my necessities.

It's a nice and decent thing to do for those who can't provide for themselves through no fault of their own.

Here's the reality, which is what we were experiencing before the passage of the ACA, (which needs revising, yes): Pay now or pay later.
You make it impossible for someone to get health care when they can't afford it then what happens to that person? They get so sick they can no longer work, they go into debt, they file for bankruptcy and then for welfare. They are no longer producing, they are just consuming. Who pays for that? We all do.

It doesn't take a catastrophic illness to fall into a irreversible path. Any range of chronic conditions will do it, too.

See post #92 and tell me that all those countries have it wrong.

you have a right to healthcare in the sense that you have a right to seek whatever medical attention you need without the government impeding you, not a right to the products and services of others at gunpoint.

At gunpoint? I thought the 2nd Amendment protected your right to keep and bear arms? And use them.

lol

I was laughing at the stupidity of your post. 'at gunpoint'.

You make it impossible for someone to get health care when they can't afford it
You know why they can't afford health care?

Because of the government's constant intrusion into the health care marketplace.

And what do you dumb fucks insist on to fix it? MORE government interference!

Jesus H. Christ.

Not a student of history I guess. Health care is coming.

Many people say that the government can't grant you rights, that the government only exists to protect the rights you already have - given by your Creator as the D of I says.

With this thread you see the clear flaw in that argument (one I've pointed out many a time)

Who decides what are and aren't your natural rights?
Nature

lol

I was laughing at the stupidity of your post. 'at gunpoint'.
what do you think happens if you refuse to bend knee to federal diktats?
you think they will ask you nicely, and when you say "fuck off" they say "ok" and leave you be?

Ive probably forgotten more about history than you and 5 generations of your progney will ever have the ability to learn

Ive probably forgotten more about history than you and 5 generations of your progney will ever have the ability to learn
Maybe it is just American history that causes you problems?

What kind of right is it?

I don't know if it's a legal "right"... but it's certainly the right thing.
That is irrelevant, though.

no, it isn't...

see the general welfare clause of the constitution.

are you saying the US is a failed nation that can't do what every other western nation does?
Ah, yes. Promote the general welfare. Healthcare costs more money. Is general welfare going farther in debt? :)
Besides, thats a pandoras box of a justification. What if congress decides no person shall have private property because some dont and they make you give your house to a group of homeless people? PEOPLE make that clause broad. Not the COTUS.
Alexander Hamilton tried to do an expansive spending power to the COTUS and the convention shot it down. Basically, that clause is to expand the means of the OTHER rights of the COTUS.
The fourth Congress didnt think that clause gave them power to give savannah georgia relief when fire almost destroyed the entire city.
“combinations of individual and local interests [that would be] strong enough to control legislation, absorb the revenues of the country, and plunge the government into a hopeless indebtedness.” James Polk on spending money in states.

no, it isn't...

are you saying the US is a failed nation that can't do what every other western nation does?

The general welfare clause only grants the Federal Government to spend federal tax revenue within the confines of their very specifically defined Constitutional powers, it is not blanket authority to spend the peoples money on whatever they deem important to the masses at any given moment:

The United States Constitution contains two references to "the General Welfare", one occurring in the Preamble and the other in the Taxing and Spending Clause. The U.S. Supreme Court has held the mention of the clause in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution "has never been regarded as the source of any substantive power conferred on the Government of the United States or on any of its Departments."[3][4]

The Supreme Court held the understanding of the General Welfare Clause contained in the Taxing and Spending Clause adheres to the construction given it by Associate JusticeJoseph Story in his 1833 Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States.[5][6] Justice Story concluded that the General Welfare Clause is not a grant of general legislative power,[5][7] but a qualification on the taxing power[5][8][9] which includes within it a federal power to spend federal revenues on matters of general interest to the federal government.[5][10][11] The Court described Justice Story's view as the "Hamiltonian position",[5] as Alexander Hamilton had elaborated his view of the taxing and spending powers in his 1791 Report on Manufactures. Story, however, attributes the position's initial appearance to Thomas Jefferson, in his Opinion on the Bank of the United States.[12]

These clauses in the U.S. Constitution are an atypical use of a general welfare clause, and are not considered grants of a general legislative power to the federal government.[13]

General welfare clause - Wikipedia

Healthcare is a state issue try reading Amendment 10 which is not vague but clear and concise:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Last edited:

no, it isn't...

The general welfare clause only grants the Federal Government to spend federal tax revenue within the confines of their very specifically defined Constitutional powers, it is not blanket authority to spend the peoples money on whatever they deem important to the nation at the moment, healthcare is a state issue try reading Article X which is not vague but clear and concise:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
Thanks rachel!

no, it isn't...

No, I think he's just saying you don't know what you are talking about.

:eek:

no, it isn't...

from you, that's a joke. and his opinion isn't much more relevant than yours.

*yawn*

no, it isn't...

The general welfare clause only grants the Federal Government to spend federal tax revenue within the confines of their very specifically defined Constitutional powers, it is not blanket authority to spend the peoples money on whatever they deem important to the masses at any given moment:

The United States Constitution contains two references to "the General Welfare", one occurring in the Preamble and the other in the Taxing and Spending Clause. The U.S. Supreme Court has held the mention of the clause in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution "has never been regarded as the source of any substantive power conferred on the Government of the United States or on any of its Departments."[3][4]

The Supreme Court held the understanding of the General Welfare Clause contained in the Taxing and Spending Clause adheres to the construction given it by Associate JusticeJoseph Story in his 1833 Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States.[5][6] Justice Story concluded that the General Welfare Clause is not a grant of general legislative power,[5][7] but a qualification on the taxing power[5][8][9] which includes within it a federal power to spend federal revenues on matters of general interest to the federal government.[5][10][11] The Court described Justice Story's view as the "Hamiltonian position",[5] as Alexander Hamilton had elaborated his view of the taxing and spending powers in his 1791 Report on Manufactures. Story, however, attributes the position's initial appearance to Thomas Jefferson, in his Opinion on the Bank of the United States.[12]

These clauses in the U.S. Constitution are an atypical use of a general welfare clause, and are not considered grants of a general legislative power to the federal government.[13]

General welfare clause - Wikipedia

Healthcare is a state issue try reading Article X which is not vague but clear and concise:

The irony here is, she actually purports to be an attorney.

:lmao:

no, it isn't...

from you, that's a joke. and his opinion isn't much more relevant than yours.

*yawn*

How many of your clients have gotten the chair this month?

:lmao:

New Topics

Forum List

Back