Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double Digits

This sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. They passed a bad bill because of meeting fatigue?
No, that wasn't the point. The healthcare lobby deemed the "public option", public enemy No.1 and wanted it out of the bill, period. And apparently, there was some other things they wanted in the bill, like the mandate. It seems it took over 900 meetings to convince the President that he's nothing but a corporate bitch, doing what he's told, like a good little whore.

This sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. They passed a bad bill because of meeting fatigue?
No, that wasn't the point. The healthcare lobby deemed the "public option", public enemy No.1 and wanted it out of the bill, period. And apparently, there was some other things they wanted in the bill, like the mandate. It seems it took over 900 meetings to convince the President that he's nothing but a corporate bitch, doing what he's told, like a good little whore.

Then what is the point? If we can agree that it's a bad law shouldn't we join forces (regardless of why we think it's bad) to get rid of it?

Don't blame me for your corrupt politicians, Gomer.
Sorry, if you're a citizen of this country, you're responsible whether you like it, or not.
Bullshit.

We have a system whereby politicians seek power as an end unto itself...Then naïve nincompoops like you want to give them even more power, and lay the responsibility for the despots who end up seeking and obtaining that power onto everyone else.

That's some serious sorry assed shit.

Bullshit.

We have a system whereby politicians seek power as an end unto itself...Then naïve nincompoops like you want to give them even more power, and lay the responsibility for the despots who end up seeking and obtaining that power onto everyone else.

Your user name fits, because your posts are odd.

I don't know where you got the idea I wanted to give government more power after I just got done saying they were little corporate bitches doing what they're told? If you want to know what I want, just ask and I'll tell you. I basically want to vote out all incumbants.

As far as your civic duty to your country is concerned, you can bitch and moan all you want, but the fact remains, government does everything in our name. And the only thing that can alleive you of this responsibility, is to renounce your citizenship. Other than that, you're stuck, fuck!

I hated George Bush, but he was still my President.

Then what is the point? If we can agree that it's a bad law shouldn't we join forces (regardless of why we think it's bad) to get rid of it?
I'm all for joining forces under the banner of a new political party called............."The American Voter Party"

Our mission statement can read:

"We don't like republicans and we don't like democrats;
we want both party's purged from government,
our platform will follow after we're done taking out the trash!"

I figure, first things first, let's get rid of the people who got us into this mess, then we can discuss our differences and what we have in common as to the direction of the country. I think our first agreement is what we have now, sucks.

As far as the healthcare bill, we can get rid of it, or fix it. Put in the "public option", take out the mandate and pay for it with cuts in defense. But that's just my take. As long as we keep the channels of communication open, something will follow.

As far as your civic duty to your country is concerned, you can bitch and moan all you want, but the fact remains, government does everything in our name. And the only thing that can alleive you of this responsibility, is to renounce your citizenship. Other than that, you're stuck, fuck!

It's the "everything" that's the sticking point. I'm not sure you meant it as I'm taking it here, but government should, most decidedly in my view, NOT do everything. When it comes to federal government, especially, we've tried to be very clear about that by creating a document that grants it only specific powers. It's that containment of government to a specific and predictable scope that makes democracy viable in a pluralistic society. Without it, without a guarantee that there is only so much government can do, democracy breaks down - as we're seeing now.

Bullshit.

Your user name fits, because your posts are odd.

I don't know where you got the idea I wanted to give government more power after I just got done saying they were little corporate bitches doing what they're told? If you want to know what I want, just ask and I'll tell you. I basically want to vote out all incumbants.

How does my one vote rid the world of scumbags like Nancy Peloski or John Boner?...And to claim that posturing, prattling jackasses like them do anything in anyone else's name but their own is so absurd as to make the term absurd a marvel of understatement.

Your "public option" (i.e. socialized medical services) gives despotic fucks like them and their ilk all the power and you none....Getting rid of incumbency won't change that.

Wake the hell up.

Forum List

Back