Health insurance VS Mortgage

I wonder if all those unemployed people who voted for Obama and thought they were going to get free health insurance now fear being thrown in jail for not having any. They have no job and struggle to keep their homes and now Obama demands they get health insurance that they can't afford? What if they have to decide between paying for health insurance and paying the mortgage? How can anyone make that decision when losing their home to avoid jail means that there kids won't have a place to stay. I think a lot of people will opt to break the law in order to make sure that there kids have a home. This means a lot of good parents who simply can't afford health insurance are going to be put in jail simply because they want to keep a roof over there children's head.

How compassionate is this policy going to be when enacted when people opt to go to jail simply because they chose to keep paying their mortgage?

Has anyone wondered what would happen to the home when a working parent is in jail?

Wow...are you really THIS uninformed when it comes to healthcare reform? Or just this completely STUPID? Do not ask questions about complex issues you are too lazy and/or stupid to understand. It just makes you look like a partisan hack.

He maybe really that stupid. I tend to think he's simply a troll, willfully ignorant and of dull normal intelligence (measured by his inablity to even parrot talking points well).
Of course I may be giving him too much credit.

During an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper today, President Obama said that penalties are appropriate for people who try to “free ride” the health care system but stopped short of endorsing the threat of jail time for those who refuse to pay a fine for not having insurance.

“What I think is appropriate is that in the same way that everybody has to get auto insurance and if you don't, you're subject to some penalty, that in this situation, if you have the ability to buy insurance, it's affordable and you choose not to do so, forcing you and me and everybody else to subsidize you, you know, there's a thousand dollar hidden tax that families all across America are -- are burdened by because of the fact that people don't have health insurance, you know, there's nothing wrong with a penalty.”

So Wry, what is your interpretation of the President's comment? The legislation does actually allow for jailtime for violations. Nancy Pelosi would not back away from a direct question about jailtime. the president was more oblique in his answer; that is to say the president was asked about "jailtime" but failed to respond to that term. The above quote allows the pres to speak for himself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back