Health insurance VS Mortgage

Like Dis already asked, who gets to decide who can afford it and who can't?

What if the "Affordability Czar" decides you don't "need" the kind of home you live in?
What part of my post on medicaid didn't you understand?
What part of bloated authoritarian bureaucracy don't you understand?

This whole mess is less about medical care and more about micromanaging everyone's lives.

You guys are funny. All this whining from the group that wants to dictate what those on welfare can spend their money on.

You guys are funny. All this whining from the group that wants to dictate what those on welfare can spend their money on.

Way to deflect.

Also, where have you seen me make any such statement about those who receive Welfare?

Immie

Beg your pardon spend "their" money on? Welfare folks can spend their money oon whatever they want. What they spend their welfare check on is another story all together. That is our money.

There's a difference between someone telling me what I can and can not afford, and what I am required to spend the money *I* earn on vs. telling someone who is receiving money they do *not earn* what they should and should not be spending it on.

If you're receiving welfare, you should be spending it on life's *necessities* - not life's conveniences.

Welfare vs. actual earned income are two different topics entirely.

I wonder if all those unemployed people who voted for Obama and thought they were going to get free health insurance now fear being thrown in jail for not having any. They have no job and struggle to keep their homes and now Obama demands they get health insurance that they can't afford? What if they have to decide between paying for health insurance and paying the mortgage? How can anyone make that decision when losing their home to avoid jail means that there kids won't have a place to stay. I think a lot of people will opt to break the law in order to make sure that there kids have a home. This means a lot of good parents who simply can't afford health insurance are going to be put in jail simply because they want to keep a roof over there children's head.

How compassionate is this policy going to be when enacted when people opt to go to jail simply because they chose to keep paying their mortgage?

Has anyone wondered what would happen to the home when a working parent is in jail?

Wow...are you really THIS uninformed when it comes to healthcare reform? Or just this completely STUPID? Do not ask questions about complex issues you are too lazy and/or stupid to understand. It just makes you look like a partisan hack.

He maybe really that stupid. I tend to think he's simply a troll, willfully ignorant and of dull normal intelligence (measured by his inablity to even parrot talking points well).
Of course I may be giving him too much credit.

It would be nice to actually hear if not going to jail is in the bill and perhaps provide some proof that is the case before calling me stupid but so far all you can do is call me names without proving anything.

I know the jail time is in the bill and was pointing out the fact that people will have to divert funds away from paying what they feel is needed in their life such as paying the mortgage to paying for something that Nancy Pelosi feels is needed in my life.

That is the real issue here. Its about choice and liberty the very thing that a liberal should be about but for some reason people on the left come up with more and more restrictions on our own lives over time.

As for calling me stupid...you can go FUCK yourself until you can come up with an intelligent response to someone else's post.

Like Dis already asked, who gets to decide who can afford it and who can't?

What if the "Affordability Czar" decides you don't "need" the kind of home you live in?
What part of my post on medicaid didn't you understand?
What part of bloated authoritarian bureaucracy don't you understand?

This whole mess is less about medical care and more about micromanaging everyone's lives.

Yep.

Wow...are you really THIS uninformed when it comes to healthcare reform? Or just this completely STUPID? Do not ask questions about complex issues you are too lazy and/or stupid to understand. It just makes you look like a partisan hack.

He maybe really that stupid. I tend to think he's simply a troll, willfully ignorant and of dull normal intelligence (measured by his inablity to even parrot talking points well).

It would be nice to actually hear if not going to jail is in the bill and perhaps provide some proof that is the case before calling me stupid but so far all you can do is call me names without proving anything.

I know the jail time is in the bill and was pointing out the fact that people will have to divert funds away from paying what they feel is needed in their life such as paying the mortgage to paying for something that Nancy Pelosi feels is needed in my life.

That is the real issue here. Its about choice and liberty the very thing that a liberal should be about but for some reason people on the left come up with more and more restrictions on our own lives over time.

As for calling me stupid...you can go FUCK yourself until you can come up with an intelligent response to someone else's post.

I guess by the same method that people who CHOOSE not to purchase healthcare decide they cannot pay their hospital bills after the fact? We all get stuck with those and you don't seem at all concerned with that money. Why is that?

I wonder if all those unemployed people who voted for Obama and thought they were going to get free health insurance now fear being thrown in jail for not having any. They have no job and struggle to keep their homes and now Obama demands they get health insurance that they can't afford? What if they have to decide between paying for health insurance and paying the mortgage? How can anyone make that decision when losing their home to avoid jail means that there kids won't have a place to stay. I think a lot of people will opt to break the law in order to make sure that there kids have a home. This means a lot of good parents who simply can't afford health insurance are going to be put in jail simply because they want to keep a roof over there children's head.

How compassionate is this policy going to be when enacted when people opt to go to jail simply because they chose to keep paying their mortgage?

Has anyone wondered what would happen to the home when a working parent is in jail?

He is not entirely inaccurate! Basically the provision reads that if you fail to obtain insurance then you will be fined $2,500-$250,000! If you don't pay the fine (seems backwards because people don't get insurance because they don't have money), then they (the government) can take actions against you to pay! The bill is ambiguous on what the government can do at that point!

Why people say that it can lead to jail, is because they are equating it to not paying your taxes. If you don't pay your taxes, then they can toss you in jail! Just as Blade!

Last edited:
What part of can afford to and don't is hard to understand?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....they are ignoring that part, as it does not fit their agenda.:eusa_whistle:

Why should people who can afford have to buy something that they don't feel that they need or even want to? What if the "can afford" group is barely making it themselves and the money they spend on health insurance will sink them because what if the "can afford" line is drawn at 18,000 a year? Do you know who is going to decide who can afford health insurance and where that line is going to be drawn?

I suspect its going to be drawn at a very low level because the goal of the left is to get everyone on some kind of health insurance so why should it only be mandatory for the top 50% only when that would leave the rest without health insurance. That would defeat the purpose of national health care for ALL wouldn't it.

House Democrats Unveil Health Care Bill, Public Option Included - ABC News

"When Pelosi unveiled the "Affordable Health Care for America Act" today, House Democrats circulated a bill summary saying it would cost $894 billion, allowing Pelosi to say the bill, "meets President Obama's call to keep the cost under $900 billion over 10 years."

But the total cost of the bill actually is $1.055 trillion.

How did they get the lower number?

They took the $1.055 trillion total cost and subtracted the amount of money that was estimated to come in from people and companies that pay fines for not having or not providing health insurance (more than $160 billion), giving a new "net" cost of $894 billion"

I guess by the same method that people who CHOOSE not to purchase healthcare decide they cannot pay their hospital bills after the fact? We all get stuck with those and you don't seem at all concerned with that money. Why is that?

No I'm not because that would be the hospital's problem. They can actually decide not treat people who don't have the money so it would not be a problem for the rest of us. I can also choose a hospital that doesn't pay for the uninsured as to reduce my cost. I would have choice in the situation but Nancy Pelosi would rob me of my choice in order for me to comply with her wishes and that is not freedom.

It would be the price we pay to live in a free society so even if hospitals, like any other business, absorb the cost of non-payments and pass it on in their cost I would be OK with it because if people can die for my freedom then they can at least shell out a few extra bucks.

Last edited:
What part of can afford to and don't is hard to understand?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....they are ignoring that part, as it does not fit their agenda.:eusa_whistle:

Why should people who can afford have to buy something that they don't feel that they need or even want to? What if the "can afford" group is barely making it themselves and the money they spend on health insurance will sink them because what if the "can afford" line is drawn at 18,000 a year? Do you know who is going to decide who can afford health insurance and where that line is going to be drawn?

I suspect its going to be drawn at a very low level because the goal of the left is to get everyone on some kind of health insurance so why should it only be mandatory for the top 50% only when that would leave the rest without health insurance. That would defeat the purpose of national health care for ALL wouldn't it.

So,if they are barely making it, who is going to pay for theri emergency room visits?

No I'm not because that would be the hospital's problem. They can actually decide not treat people who don't have the money so it would not be a problem for the rest of us. I can also choose a hospital that doesn't pay for the uninsured as to reduce my cost. I would have choice in the situation but Nancy Pelosi would rob me of my choice in order for me to comply with her wishes and that is not freedom.

It would be the price we pay to live in a free society so even if hospitals, like any other business, absorb the cost of non-payments and pass it on in their cost I would be OK with it because if people can die for my freedom then they can at least shell out a few extra bucks.

IF our hospitals actually had the option to turn peole away, then you and I would probably be on the same side of this argument. However, since this is not the case, as manadated by our government, you and I pay those costs when the hospital cannot collect for charges incurred while treating patients they cannot turn away.

He is not entirely inaccurate! Basically the provision reads that if you fail to obtain insurance then you will be fined $2,500-$250,000! If you don't pay the fine (seems backwards because people don't get insurance because they don't have money), then they (the government) can take actions against you to pay! The bill is ambiguous on what the government can do at that point!

Why people say that it can lead to jail, is because they are equating it to not paying your taxes. If you don't pay your taxes, then they can toss you in jail! Just as Blade!
Show us in the bill where it says that. I know you can't do it because it doesn't say that.

Forum List

Back