Health Fall Out From Mcdonnell Scandal

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Anatabloc supplement at center of McDonnell trial to be taken off the market - The Washington Post

The company that makes Anatabloc announced on Monday that it will halt sales of the dietary supplement at the center of former Virginia governor Robert F. McDonnell’s ongoing corruption trial.

The supplement, which prosecutors say McDonnell illegally promoted in exchange for gifts from the onetime CEO of a company that made the product, has also been the subject of a warning letter from the FDA. The product is not FDA-approved, and the federal agency has warned the company that it cannot claim Anatabloc has certain health benefits.

On Monday, the company said that it will suspend sales of Anatabloc and a related product, CigRx, until it works through its issues with the FDA and possibly longer.

Anatabloc was introduced by Star Scientific, when Virginia businessman Jonnie R. Williams Sr. was the CEO of the company. With Williams at the center of the McDonnell trial, the company now has a new CEO, a new head of its board of directors, a new address in Florida for its headquarters and a new name — Rock Creek Pharmaceuticals.

Anatabloc believers tout supplement s benefits HamptonRoads.com PilotOnline.com
Pat Wagner expected this.

She knew it was only a matter of time before Rock Creek Pharmaceuticals would halt sales of Anatabloc, the anti-inflammatory lozenges she's taken since 2012.

So she stockpiled 48 bottles before it was taken off the market earlier this month. It's about enough, she and her husband think, to last them a year.

"We aren't rich people, but we felt we had to do it," explained Wagner, a 63-year-old private consultant in Denver who specializes in continuing education for workers.

The couple hopes Rock Creek and the FDA can work out a deal before they run out of the tobacco-based dietary supplement that's been at the center of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's ongoing corruption trial.

Said Wagner: "We don't want to think about what will happen if they can't work this out."

I first learned about Anatabloc from a friend with MS who has had excellent results taking it. I read a lot of websites but was skeptical. However, after reading the NIH abstract and an international endocronology website on this product, I started taking it in April. The results I saw were just amazing. I was so impressed that I posted here about it so others with various intractable health issues, including chronic pain, could consider it themselves.

Today, I called to order and learned I can't get it.

Forum List

Back