Health Care Story That Will Make You Cry

Actually, it made me snort.

ACA does not cover preexisting conditions until 2014.

If this stuff is so good why do they have to lie about it?

I've got one for you:

A woman, with HepC that she's been through the HELL of the (supposed) treatment for,

who is in End Stage Cirrhosis, knowing that liver cancer is just over the horizon;

also suffering from emphysema/COPD;

with other smaller probs, such as hypothyroidism so bad, she had to have her thyroid removed

and severe allergies/asthma that leave her even MORE short of breath.

At times? She couldn't afford the READILY available drugs, she couldn't pay for the office visits, blood tests nor even the fuel to GET to anywhere that could help her.

NOW, she's 56. She's married, and although she can't really work a regular job, they can no longer afford to pay the extra her health insurance costs under his plan,

so NOW?

She's looking for a job, and will work herself to a rather terrifying death,

JUST so others can climb onto her back and herd her towards that end.

THAT's her American Dream, come true.

But she thinks that No One PURPOSFULLY did any of this to her.

The HepC? An accident due to her calling as a nurse.

The emphysema? Her OWN fault for smoking.

The Hashimoto's Multinodular Goiter that ruined her thyroid gland? A fluke of fate.

It was HER fault, about smoking;

SHE made the choice to be a nurse and expose herself to every dread disease out there; it pleased her to try to HELP others.

During her life, she worked long and hard, but shit happened, and the things she THOUGHT she owned? Were just beautiful designs in a kaleidoscope, with no more substance than smoke. Everything she "owned" was stolen from her house by thieves.

Is THAT pitiful?

Am I pitiful?

Nah. Shit DOES happen. It can't be blamed on other folks, it just IS, and you do your best to go on, and if you're smart?

You enjoy EVERY MINUTE that you're given, WITHOUT being some crybaby about how UNFAIR it all is.

Life is so BEAUTIFUL to all of us,

and so unfair to ALL of us,

but guess what?

The MAJOR cause of Death is living.

Another of those basic thangs! :lol:

Hey. This is NOT me, saying "Oh, poor me!" This is me saying, WOW! I've had it good, I've had it bad, I've had joy, and I've had it sad,

and if I hadn't HAD all of that? I probably would have gotten bored a LONG time ago! :rofl:

Keep these sob stories to yourself, 'cuz you know what?

WE'VE ALL GOT ONE!

For real.

Last edited:

so you ignore the story about a person with cancer being helped so you can attack Obama?

Quantum Windbag, you're a despicable human being. :(

No, I ignore the obvious partisan attempt to tell me I am a sad and despicable human being for insisting that the ACA is not going to work the way they claim it is. I would also like to point out that the first person to mention Obama in any way, shape, or form in this thread was you. All I did was post a generic comment that someone is lying about how the law works.

so you ignore the story about a person with cancer being helped so you can attack Obama?

No, I ignore the obvious partisan attempt to tell me I am a sad and despicable human being for insisting that the ACA is not going to work the way they claim it is. I would also like to point out that the first person to mention Obama in any way, shape, or form in this thread was you. All I did was post a generic comment that someone is lying about how the law works.

Oh my!!! Nothing ever works exactly the way people say it will so let's just close up the shop and admit defeat. :eek:

If there were more people like during the Revolution, the Civil War or either of the 2 World wars, America would have ceased to be.

:evil:

Oh my!!! Nothing ever works exactly the way people say it will so let's just close up the shop and admit defeat. :eek:

If there were more people like during the Revolution, the Civil War or either of the 2 World wars, America would have ceased to be.

Funny, it is working exactly the way I said it would. Obama is supposed to be a Hravard grad, you think he would be able to understand consequences in a real world setting. Instead he seems to think that good intentions make things work.

And you think I am the stupid one.

:cuckoo:

Funny, it is working exactly the way I said it would. Obama is supposed to be a Hravard grad, you think he would be able to understand consequences in a real world setting. Instead he seems to think that good intentions make things work.

And you think I am the stupid one.

:cuckoo:

We all know you're a fucking genius.

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back