Health care repeal: A GOP Senate could repeal ACA with 51 votes

House is prepping the vote to repeal the new Tax after the Independence Day break.

They Already voted to repeal Obamacare ....it didn't work

The GOP will need 60 votes to repeal and it will never happen. Even if at some future date they got 60 votes, Obamacare will be so entrenched in peoples lives that they will never stand for it

Republicans have been trying to repeal Social Security for 75 years. How has that worked out?

House is prepping the vote to repeal the new Tax after the Independence Day break.

Not repealing Obamacare. Repealing the new tax which is largest tax increase in the history of the nation.

You are Really buying the FoxNews propaganda aren't you?

How is it the largest tax increase in history?

Only the insurance mandate penalty was declared a tax and that only affects those who do not have insurance. Do you have insurance?

Not repealing Obamacare. Repealing the new tax which is largest tax increase in the history of the nation.

Only the insurance mandate penalty was declared a tax and that only affects those who do not have insurance. Do you have insurance?

Its almost as if they do not have anything between their ears; is it not?

Well they could.

If they could get past a filibuster.

Which they can't.

You should try and stay current. The Senate filibuster rule does not apply to revenue issues.

Perhaps the Supremes will have to take this up and decide whether or not it is a tax?

oh wait...

They just did!

:lol:

Well they could.

If they could get past a filibuster.

Which they can't.

You should try and stay current. The Senate filibuster rule does not apply to revenue issues.

Perhaps the Supremes will have to take this up and decide whether or not it is a tax?

oh wait...

They just did!

:lol:

As should you.

Democrats control the Senate. Any move to repeal the tax will get tabled.

Yep, don't need a super-majority, just a simple majority.
By the way, did I mention there are far more Dem senate seats up for re-election than GOP ?:D

An adult who does not have health insurance by 2014 will be fined $95.00 or 1% of their income.

By 2016 the penalty increases to $695.00 for an adult and up to $2085.00 or 2.5% of their income whichever is greater.

The sure way to get rid of obamacare is to get rid of obama and the democrat majority in the senate too. Replace the democrats in Congress while we're at it.

Yep, don't need a super-majority, just a simple majority.
By the way, did I mention there are far more Dem senate seats up for re-election than GOP ?:D

Once again, the absurdly broad taxing authority of the Federal government is confirmed and re-affirmed by the Supreme court. What would be nice is a constitutional amendment here, but I won't hold my breath.

Justice Roberts capped limits of the Commerce clause and did not succumb to judicial activism by saying Obamacare cannot be justified under Federal taxing authority.

Obamacare is a political issue now, and as a revenue matter will be decided by simple majority votes.

Works for me!

Forum List

Back