Health-Care “Reform”: It’s All About Power

You're both right.

Well maybe / maybe not about sealy being a boob... First of all you're inflection makes 'boob' sound bad...:wtf:?

The only thing we can be certain of is that 100 years from now, things will be at least as different as they were 100 years ago.

Some day, Ass-U-Me-ing nobody nukes anyone, our children will pool their health care funds in some way shape or form that we, today would call a 'public option', paying a reasonable amount to the bureaucrats who run the damn thing and they will wonder what the fuss was all about.

Until then it is going to get worked on starting right now.

To Bitch or To Build?​

:eusa_think: Decisions, decisions.​

You're a wise man. Very true.

a. The current bill sucks, and there are Democrats in the Senate responsible for the public option being taken out. But that doesn't mean Democrats are as bad as Republicans. It means SOME Democrats are as bad as the Republicans. So I won't vote for those Democrats. But I still prefer the Democratic Agenda over the GOP agenda.

b. Healthcare the way it is isn't sustainable. Costs too much GDP and too many people get screwed with the current system.

c. Republicans have/had zero interest in solving this and every other problem. Like every other problem, they denied it was a problem for as long as they could. Then they fight every idea on how to fix the problems, yet they add no solutions themselves. Not unless you count TORT REFORM as a solution. Reminds me of jobs going overseas. They know its a problem, but watch them fight the Dems next year when we try to bring jobs back home. They'll show you they care more about capitalism than they do the American middle class.

In response to you C. that I bolded:

Open Left:: All 91 Senate Health Care Amendments

Republicans tried to pass 91 amendments to the HC bill and every one was shot down by Dems. Now that is truly playing partisan politics. You should probably do a little research before you state something that is completely untrue.

Really dumb post. Easy to check on.

Open Left:: All 91 Senate Health Care Amendments

All 91 Senate Health Care Amendments
by: Chris Bowers
Fri Dec 04, 2009 at 17:15

For your reviewing please, I have placed a brief description of all 91 amendments that have been submitted to the Senate health care bill in the extended entry.

Senators submitting the most amendments:

Bernie Sanders (I-VT): 22
Mike Crapo (R-ID): 14
John Cornyn (R-TX): 9
Sherrod Brown (D-OH): 7

Amendments by caucus:
Democrats: 47
Republicans: 45

Even though most of the Democratic amendments come from only two Senators (Sanders caucuses with Democrats), that kind of makes hard to argue that Republicans are the ones engaging in a filibuster by amendment.

Forum List

Back