Health-Care Legislation; 'Baggers, Step-UP!!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
With all o' the wailing & gnashing-of-teeth (within which you folks have participated....forever, it seems), you must have....by NOW....found the parts of Health Care legislation that'll have the most-negative impact on your lives. Maybe you could share those concerns with us (Progressives/Liberals), by pointing-out those parts (that'll make your lives intolerable); HERE.

Simply "cut 'n paste" the page (location), here, and make your best-effort to explain your problem(s) with the related-issue. Sure...you can post any number o' Limbaugh/FAUX Noise talking-points.....but, if you can't find anything (within the legislation), to justify those talking-points....there's no issue to start-with; the issue doesn't EXIST.

Failure, to make an honest-argument (accompanied by the related-page), would pretty-much suggest your issue isn't WITH Health Care legislation....but, that the issue WOULD be your displeasure with the color o' the President's skin.

HERE would be a good place to start.​

Last edited:
:lol:

I'll point one out...having the friggen Guberment in FULL CHARGE OF OUR HEALTHCARE and then try and dictate HOW WE SHOULD LIVE OUR LIVES because of it.

is that good nuff for ya idiot?

:lol:

I'll point one out...having the friggen Guberment in FULL CHARGE OF OUR HEALTHCARE and then try and dictate HOW WE SHOULD LIVE OUR LIVES because of it.

is that good nuff for ya idiot?
BZZZZZZZT!!!!!!

Sorry, contestant. You've (obviously) misunderstood the instructions.

Rhetoric, sans any actual-proof (of your allegation), earns you a big, fat ZERO!!!!! :eusa_hand:

Let's hear it, for the clueless 'Bagger, folks!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:
The thing with baggers is they all want to reduce spending and they all have healthcare

How would they respond if we cut Medicare or Veterans benefits?

Why would anyone engage you in debate. When you can not even title the thread with out showing disrespect to a rather large group of Americans.
What's with the distraction????? :eusa_eh:

images

ENGAGE!!!!!!

(....If you think you have a chance.)​

Before enrolling in the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, Kim had no health insurance because she and her husband were self-employed and could not afford coverage. She went to the doctor for a bone spur, and she was told that she had to have a fusion which would cost at least $100,000. While the hospital was helping her figure out options, she learned that she might qualify for the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan. The day applications for the plan became available, state officials in New Mexico contacted Kim and encouraged her to apply. She was accepted into the pool on August 1st and is now able to receive treatment for her condition.
Health Care State Map | The White House

Yeah, I'm sure insurance companies being forced to shell out $100000 before they get the first nickel from her is not going to raise rates for anyone.

Everything in that legislation that I have heard or have read about has been tried in other States and those States have the HIGHEST rates in the country with the FEWEST amount of carriers participating. Vermont; one of the healthiest States in the Country; has higher rates than my own unhealthy,fat ass Louisiana due to mandates but let us keep on listening to people who have been such great stewards of States like Michigan and California instead of actual free market capitalists who have not been at the table in generations.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure insurance companies being forced to shell out $100000 before they get the first nickel from her is not going to raise rates for anyone.

PCIP risk pools are separate, federally-subsidized risk pools. They don't affect rates in your risk pool.

Vermont; one of the healthiest States in the Country; has higher rates than my own unhealthy,fat ass Louisiana due to mandates

Actually, in 2008 group premiums in Louisiana were 18.7 percent of median household income. In Vermont, premiums were 18.5 percent of median household income. It's true that in absolute terms that means premiums in Vermont are higher but in reality both are among the higher cost states when you adjust to get a more realistic view of their relative costs. Though you're right that along most metrics, Vermont has significantly better outcomes.

PCIP risk pools are separate, federally-subsidized risk pools. They don't affect rates in your risk pool.

Vermont; one of the healthiest States in the Country; has higher rates than my own unhealthy,fat ass Louisiana due to mandates

Actually, in 2008 group premiums in Louisiana were 18.7 percent of median household income. In Vermont, premiums were 18.5 percent of median household income. It's true that in absolute terms that means premiums in Vermont are higher but in reality both are among the higher cost states when you adjust to get a more realistic view of their relative costs. Though you're right that along most metrics, Vermont has significantly better outcomes.

I'm in the insurance business, I look at all the reports and variables, short term, this will be a bonanza for health insurance agents, long term, I think we are heading toward single payer when this insurance subsidized boondoggle fails to deliver as promised.

Before enrolling in the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, Kim had no health insurance because she and her husband were self-employed and could not afford coverage. She went to the doctor for a bone spur, and she was told that she had to have a fusion which would cost at least $100,000. While the hospital was helping her figure out options, she learned that she might qualify for the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan. The day applications for the plan became available, state officials in New Mexico contacted Kim and encouraged her to apply. She was accepted into the pool on August 1st and is now able to receive treatment for her condition.
Health Care State Map | The White House

When 85% of all premiums are applied to health-care, alone, we can expect to see MANY positives!!!!!

Example....when discussing Public Option​

BILL MOYERS: Why is public insurance, a public option, so fiercely opposed by the industry?

WENDELL POTTER: The industry doesn't want to have any competitor. In fact, over the course of the last few years, has been shrinking the number of competitors through a lot of acquisitions and mergers. So first of all, they don't want any more competition period. They certainly don't want it from a government plan that might be operating more efficiently than they are, that they operate. The Medicare program that we have here is a government-run program that has administrative expenses that are like three percent or so.

BILL MOYERS: Compared to the industry's--

WENDELL POTTER: They spend about 20 cents of every premium dollar on overhead, which is administrative expense or profit. So they don't want to compete against a more efficient competitor."

I'm in the insurance business, I look at all the reports and variables, short term, this will be a bonanza for health insurance agents, long term, I think we are heading toward single payer when this insurance subsidized boondoggle fails to deliver as promised.
So....what you're saying, is....if the Health Care legislation works as-well as has been advertised, you'll be "down-sized".....and, forced to find honest-work.

Welcome to the Real World.​

New Topics

Forum List

Back