Health Care Is A Right Not a Privilege!

Last edited:
Vanderbilt does not carry any sway in the matter of rights.

You may find it morally wrong for someone to be homless and offer them a room in your house. That does not mean the government needs to offer housing to everyone.

Many ER's in AZ have closed because they can't eat the cost of caring for the illegals who never pay dime.

I'm sure that Vanderbilt is not the only reputable medical center who is having this problem. Vanderbilt treats PLENTY of gangbangers who are shot....have seen it.

So what do you recommend that we do. Just let them die? Is that what Christ would do? SO many of you are religious on here. Are you a Christian?

AZ has emergency rooms that are closing because of illegals. That cuts out the legitimates from access to an ER.

Next, in Phoenix, the Mayo told Medicare patients to bring their checkbooks. No longer taking medicare for routine visits......This is the same Mayo that Obama held up as the cost model he wanted to follow (and it is a good cost model). That tells you how underfunded things are and Phoenix seniors are feeling it.

In the end, Health Care is not a right. We don't want government in our health care. That some don't have it and need it is addressed in other ways. The government is not the only solution and in fact it is a pretty stupid solution.

A. That is none of your business.
My feelings are hurt....never to be consoled.

B. It has nothing to do with rights.
It has everything to do with rights, if you are beating your chest that you are a Christian; for some reason, I've gotten that impression from your previous posts.

So what is your solution, Mr. or Mrs. "it's none of your business"? You just don't know, I suspect. Have you had the experience of having to depend on insurance for a serious illness. Oh my, how self-righteous we've become "moron" (your word).

If YOU have a better idea....if you're smart enough to come up with a solution, then what the hell is stopping you? You'd rather bitch about something that you know jack shit about.

Ride that "hands off my healthcare" bus. Instead of arriving at a solution, while we continue to treat you.....what's stopping you?

I'd rather spend my time trying to find ways to avoid having to intubate you-with the likes of CPAP, managing your pain with fentanyl, learning ways to resuscitate you with the new ACLS guidelines. Why don't you get busy finding a way to make it possible for all to receive treatment, instead of saying that you and your ilk are the only ones who deserve treatment.

Damn, I get sick of this crap.

Yeah, but no, it's not. It's everyone's problem.

How is YOUR healthcare EVERYONE'S problem, unless you're Typhoid Mary?

As described in this thread and dozens of others, genius. YOU and ME and EVERY OTHER paying customer are subsidizing the bills of the non-paying customers.

The insurance model works just fine in healthcare. It is a voluntary participation system. Individuals can choose to get a benefit by pooling with other people to account for random events.

As described in this thread and dozens of others, genius. YOU and ME and EVERY OTHER paying customer are subsidizing the bills of the non-paying customers.

The insurance model works just fine in healthcare. It is a voluntary participation system. Individuals can choose to get a benefit by pooling with other people to account for random events.

Soooooooo... Your position is that everything's just peachy?

So, we have completely stopped the pre-existing conditions rule on insurance? Is this in every state?

Not with the 800 pound government gorilla in the room with us. He keeps pissing on everything and gets grumpy when reality turns out to be more complicated than the planners said it would be.

If there are 100 people, and 70 pay into a pool for healthcare, and 1 uses it on any given day, you have 70 people paying for that 1 guy that day. If all 100 are paying in, his bill is divided by 100 instead of 70.

Ok.. you're still missing the point. A one time change in policy that lowers costs in the short term won't amount to anything meaningful if prices continue to spiral out of control. Forcing the extra 30 people into the pool might give us a little extra cash to play with for a few years, but it won't solve the problem. And, if I'm correct in assessing the most significant driver of inflation (disconnected consumers), it will actually make the problem much worse in the long run.

Inflation to some extent is going to be inevitable under any system, as new healthcare procedures become available. Your chances of receiving a treatment or procedure increase exponentially at the moment that treatment begins to exist. ;) But that does not negate the logic of an individual mandate.

Expensive new treatments wouldn't quickly become the norm if people were paying for most of their health care out-of-pocket. In most other technology-based markets, advanced products and services don't become widely available until they figure out how to make the affordable. But in health care, largely because of the effect of insurance coverage, there is very little incentive to make procedures and service less expensive. That won't change until most of us are paying for our own health care, the same way we pay for all of the other necessities of life.

And that does negate the logic of the individual mandate, because it forces on us what we actually need less of.

As described in this thread and dozens of others, genius. YOU and ME and EVERY OTHER paying customer are subsidizing the bills of the non-paying customers. Do try to keep up. :thup:

WHY?????? Do people not seem to get this??? I'm sick of bashing me head into the wall trying to explain this. The heads go into the sand, and everythings fine....UNTIL...said individual gets cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, leukemia, or one of the other lovely chronic diseases.....and then they say "Hey, wow. I had no idea how much this shit cost."

The last thing we need is the government managing our healthcare. Heck, if you needed an appendectomy, would you go to the post office?

Reality check time.

The last thing we need is the government managing our healthcare. Heck, if you needed an appendectomy, would you go to the post office?

Reality check time.

That's a ridiculous analogy.

I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that you're not serious about debating this topic.

Reality check time.

That's a ridiculous analogy.

I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that you're not serious about debating this topic.

All debates start with an established set of principles. I gave you mine. We can work into heated debate from there. Healthcare is neither a right, nor is it a privelege. It is a personal responsibility. Your turn.

As described in this thread and dozens of others, genius. YOU and ME and EVERY OTHER paying customer are subsidizing the bills of the non-paying customers. Do try to keep up. :thup:

And that is why obamacare is no different then what we have now. So long as the majority will not pay a red cent into the system.. the ones who will be paying will have to carry them. Same thing we have now... except the ones who will be paying in my opinion will be getting less for their money and what they had before.

And that is why obamacare is no different then what we have now. So long as the majority will not pay a red cent into the system.. the ones who will be paying will have to carry them. Same thing we have now... except the ones who will be paying in my opinion will be getting less for their money and what they had before.

Insert 'slowly boiling frog' metaphor here.

Insert 'slowly boiling frog' metaphor here.

'One pill makes you larger; and one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all! Go ask Alice. When she's 10-feet tall!

(large inhale)

No one has to buy life insurance.
People choose to buy it.
No one has to buy car insurance.
If you want to drive you buy it.
If you want health insurance,you buy it.
If you can't pay for it give up some of the things
that you can do without.

Yah, true. But as you know, if your car is financed, and the bank that you're financed through finds out that their car is uninsured....you'll be getting a late-night visit from a tow truck.

No one has to buy life insurance.
People choose to buy it.
No one has to buy car insurance.
If you want to drive you buy it.
If you want health insurance,you buy it.
If you can't pay for it give up some of the things
that you can do without.

Yah, true. But as you know, if your car is financed, and the bank that you're financed through finds out that their car is uninsured....you'll be getting a late-night visit from a tow truck.

Right. And lots of us choose to drive used cars, bought and paid for, for exactly that reason.

So basically, dipshit liberals like you have ALREADY forced your health issues onto the rest of us, so that means we should allow you to force them on us even more?

I have a better idea. Why don't you back the fuck off and take care of yourself, instead of expecting to be looked after by people who don't actually give a damn if you live or die? I'm not interested in buying you food so you won't starve, I'm not interested in buying you clothes so you won't freeze (although I might be a little interested, if the alternative is you going out in public naked), and I'm not interested in paying for your doctor so you don't rot away from the creeping crud. If YOU don't care enough to prevent those things happening to you, why in the hell should I?

Your health is not my problem. Your selfish need to live off of me and others, however, very much is.

OHHHH Jesus, Joseph, and Mary! What the hell does that mean?

You don't understand English? His healthcare, and YOUR healthcare, mean nothing whatsoever to me and my life, unless one of you is planning to contract something contagious and run around being Patient Zero and infecting other people, rather than getting off your dead, lazy asses and taking care of your problem yourself.

And frankly, if one of you IS planning to be Typhoid Mary, my solution wouldn't be to pay for the doctor to treat you. It would be more along the lines of paying for the bullet.

Forum List

Back