Health Care Is a Human Right Campaign

Health care is a right. Is someone preventing you from receiving or giving health care?

Dear Merrill:

One issue I find changes the health care debate is the factor of
SPIRITUAL HEALING, in particular, methods of cure and recovery from
EITHER physical OR mental/spiritual DISEASES using FORGIVENESS therapy
in addition to psychological and medical treatment.

Since these therapies require FREE WILL and personal acceptance of responsibility,
this CANNOT BE LEGISLATED. Thus it becomes problematic to require public taxes
to pay for treatment and consequences of NOT pursuing or completing such
cost-effective therapies that greatly REDUCE if not ELIMINATE expensive procedures.

What if someone requires expensive cancer treatments for refusing treatment to stop smoking?

What if a local hospital has to expend resources treating gunshot victims if these people were deliberately involved in drugs and gang activities that led to the violent damages?

If people are going to democratize and localize health care, I foresee local "health and safety codes" where residents agree to certain standards of conduct in order to share resources under a cooperative program; and if abuses or excess costs are incurred, the residents AGREE to pay for any damages or debts they cause in order to live there.

If it cannot be legislated federally or statewide, then local civics associations per neighborhood subdivision may have to implement their own policies, as long as these are based on consensus among the residents who AGREE to live there by those rules. I can't imagine it can be forced by legislation, but would work if people VOLUNTARILY comply.

If you want affordable housing and health care, you have to agree NOT to engage in costly behaviors that impose greater burdens relying on "other people" to be financially responsible. Otherwise, you have the current system of prisons and prosecution wasting taxpayers' resources, instead of investing restitution and correction on the side of preventative care and sustainable services. I believe by holding people accountable for the costs of their actions, we could fund EFFECTIVE self-sustaining programs in health care, housing and education without imposing further taxes than already paid for failed systems.
=====================
Resources on spiritual healing (that is voluntary and free, working in natural harmony with other psychological or medical treatment, so there is no conflict between any of them.)

Christian Healing Ministries
"Healing" (edition 1999 or later) by Dr. Francis MacNutt

Healing Is Yours

713-829-0899 Olivia Reiner, free healing prayer hotline (also she has medical testimonies of spiritual healing cases that need to be documented and researched for replication
on a secular/public basis so that there is no issue of private religious interest or bias.)

Human beings are born as such and as such human beings will need health care at some point if not very soon after birth.

Therefore by design health care is part of our existence not necessarily by choice in which case health care should be available 24/7 as our needs dictate. Without the white collar world demanding payment.

The medical insurance industry does not provide health care so why are they "allowed" to take our money? In essence this is sanctioned fraud.

For example, pharmaceuticals and other medical devices are the leading high technology exports of Europe and the United States.[15][16] The United States dominates the biopharmaceutical field, accounting for three-quarters of the world’s biotechnology revenues.:link:

Health care should always be there 24/7 and not as a retail item like a can of beans.

Health care is a right. Is someone preventing you from receiving or giving health care?

Ask the 50 million who have no medical insurance...
Most of them:

1) Aren't big consumers of medical care.

2) Already qualify for Medicare/Medicaid and/or pay for their services out-of-pocket.

Next brain dead talking point?

Fourteen million of the 47 million are already eligible for government insurance, Medicaid, but have not signed up. (Pre-existing conditions do not exclude someone from joining Medicaid.) Those 14 million have not signed up because they do not want to pay the small monthly premium that Medicare charges. As a result, many who are eligible for Medicaid wait until they need care before they register. They are effectively insured at all times even when they are not formally enrolled in the program.

What about the uninsured who are not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid? Most are not in dire financial straits. After all, 27 million of the uninsured have personal incomes of more than $50,000.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/25/who-are-the-uninsured/

Health care should always be there 24/7 and not as a retail item like a can of beans.

People will die faster without food than they will without health care, is food a human right? Water? Does these being human rights mean that people who have them have to give them to those who do not? If they do that, who is going to give it to them? Looks to me like you either think the world is run by magic, or you do not think at all.

Personally I vote for the latter.

Ahh, so we've gone from "health care is a right" to, "I want health care for free 24/7".

So if no one should have to pay, how are all the nurses, doctors, and many others who run a hospital supposed to get paid?

Oh I know, know! TAXES!!!! Tax money is like free money, we don't have to pay! We can just get those millionaires to pay for everything!

The old "right to someone elses services" bit. You can have healthcare in this country too. You only need to do it yourself and presto!

If healthcare, education and food are rights then doctors, nurses, teachers and farmers should be immediately declared slaves. You should be able to summon them on your schedule and demand that they provide you with the services you desire.

Of course you will also have to demand that people go to med-school considering that noone is going to go to medschool for 10 years if they know that you can stop them on the street and demand healthcare from them. Nurses too!

Mike

Just because health care is important to your existence does not make it a human right. In the absence of someone to provide it for you, it's not something that you would have (if you were unable to provide it for yourself).

Declaring it as a right in the sense that many of you are is declaring that someone is compelled to provide it to you. As Texanmike says, compelling people in this manner is the same as slavery, you're simply talking about degrees of subjugation. Since healthcare isn't something everyone can automatically provide for themselves, we're simply talking opinions. While we're on opinions, it's mine that it isn't anybody's right, no matter how in need they are, to subjugate anyone else.

Forum List

Back