Health Care Cost - CAT SCANS - Your Daughter

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Health Care Cost - CAT SCANS - Your Daughter

Skip To Time Frame: 25:30 -- after listening to the NPR promo.

Doctor explains to parent why a test is unnecessary and maybe harmful, but only after parent say's "Im a lawyer" and demands 'we' do a cat scan.

Do you think you know the reasoning or teh arguments made?

Do you think you abuse the health care system and contribute to the costs -- one third of all costs/tests/dollars(?) are unnecessary?

391: More Is Less | This American Life

Act Two. Every Cat Scan Has Nine Lives.
Or is the problem the patients? Producer Lisa Pollak reports. (12 1/2 minutes)

More Is Less | This American Life

It's a great story. the kind you won't find on FOX or ABC radio or television, because of the costs.

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
One of my brothers recently had surgery to remove a good-sized skin cancer from his temple. As his guardian, I met with the surgeon beforehand to discuss the procedure. We talked about doing a cat or mri but the doc advised against it. He said he would be able to visually tell if the cancer had spread to tissue or bone. I could have demanded the test but I didn't. I trusted his judgement.

Years ago, another brother was beaten near dead by a gang of 'gros. He was delirious when they wheeled him into emergency, ranting and raving about those fucking *******. Well, the nurse was a darkie and didn't take kindly to this. So she ran not one, but 3 cat scans. He got thyroid cancer, had it removed, and takes daily meds.

Forum List

Back