Health care bill FACTS

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I've noticed that some do not know how they benefit now and later from the health care bill. I've posted this before but here it is again --

Consumers Guide To Health Reform - Kaiser Health News

Implementation Timeline - Kaiser Health Reform

If you don't like this website, there are dozens more out there. Bottom line is that the US currently enjoys being 37th in the world in quality of care while being Number One is how much we pay for it. This law will change and evolve but its a good first step toward getting good care for ALL Americans.

How in the world can that be a bad thing?

Its a good decision and all the American people will be better off for this one.

Its a tax so now what we can do to make this one better is to add a public option so it becomes even better for the American people

Its a good decision and all the American people will be better off for this one.

Its a tax so now what we can do to make this one better is to add a public option so it becomes even better for the American people

I just listened to an exchange between this President and George Stephanopoulos in which
the President was getting pissed because George was calling this a tax...Obama said it was not.

Then the Administration argues before the Judges that it is a tax....

So which is it Mr.President. :mad:

Kinda makes one wonder what else they are misleading us about...

Last edited:
I've noticed that some do not know how they benefit now and later from the health care bill. I've posted this before but here it is again --

If you don't like this website, there are dozens more out there. Bottom line is that the US currently enjoys being 37th in the world in quality of care while being Number One is how much we pay for it. This law will change and evolve but its a good first step toward getting good care for ALL Americans.

Only one fact really matters, no one likes it.

I think that's going to change as 2014 approaches and people see how the law is going to work.

As the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) nears its second birthday, the latest Kaiser Health Tracking Poll finds that public opinion on the law remains evenly split (41 percent favorable, 40 percent unfavorable) with sharp divisions along partisan lines, much as it has been since the law was passed.

http://healthreform.kff.org/scan/20...individual-mandate-and-the-supreme-court.aspx

Last edited:

I think that's going to change as 2014 approaches and people see how the law is going to work.

As the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) nears its second birthday, the latest Kaiser Health Tracking Poll finds that public opinion on the law remains evenly split (41 percent favorable, 40 percent unfavorable) with sharp divisions along partisan lines, much as it has been since the law was passed.

March Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: The ACA at Two Years; The Individual Mandate and the Supreme Court - Kaiser Health Reform

Amazingly, the rw's don't seem to know that a lot of it already is in force.

WHAT is wrong with these people that they refuse to EDUCATE themselves?

Friggin bizarre.

March Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: The ACA at Two Years; The Individual Mandate and the Supreme Court - Kaiser Health Reform

Friggin bizarre.

Amazingly, it has gotten less popular over time even though a lot of it is already in force.

Why don't you keep blathering about my need for an education?

Friggin bizarre.

Amazingly, it has gotten less popular over time even though a lot of it is already in force.

In almost every poll taken on Obamacare it is true that a majority of people have registered disapproval. However when the followup question as to just what it was they they disliked, the overwhelming majority said IT DIDN'T GO FAR ENOUGH!!!!

Sounds eerily similar to what Mr Jones told his people about the Kool-Aid

:(

1. The US being 37th in the world is a myth that has been debunked many times over.
2. Obamacare will not improve healthcare, it will only worsen it.
3. How is it a bad thing? First, it won't do anything you say it will, second, it will bankrupt the country, third, it will ruin the healthcare system we have.

How in the world can that be a good thing?

Last edited:
Bringing this to the top in answer to those who are wanting to actually learn how they benefit from the AHA.

Friggin bizarre.

Nothing amazing about that, the special interests and conservative media - Fox and AM radio talking heads - air negative propaganda constantly and always refer to the ACA as "Obamacare"

Maybe because you do need to educate yourself. We get it, you're against ACA and anything proposed by Democrats, Obama or anyone who isn't conservative enough. Yet when a link is offered providing real information from a credible source you ignore such evidence and offer an appeal to belief: Most people believe ACA is bad so that must be true.

1. The US being 37th in the world is a myth that has been debunked many times over.
2. Obamacare will not improve healthcare, it will only worsen it.
3. How is it a bad thing? First, it won't do anything you say it will, second, it will bankrupt the country, third, it will ruin the healthcare system we have.

How in the world can that be a good thing?

If it has been debunked "many times" that US is 37th in world health rankings it should be no trouble to document that fact. I confess the last time I checked we occupied 32nd place.

Wouldn't it be great to be #32 again?

So far Obamacare like the Stimulus has managed to not live up to any predictions Obama and his admin gave... So of course we should believe whatever they tell us now...

So far Obamacare like the Stimulus has managed to not live up to any predictions Obama and his admin gave... So of course we should believe whatever they tell us now...

Would you be willing to provide some evidence of your conclusions? If not, please preface all of your remarks with, "In my opinion..."

Thanks so much, your opinion is valuable, though, not always in the way you may wish or believe.

Friggin bizarre.

Nothing amazing about that, the special interests and conservative media - Fox and AM radio talking heads - air negative propaganda constantly and always refer to the ACA as "Obamacare"

Maybe because you do need to educate yourself. We get it, you're against ACA and anything proposed by Democrats, Obama or anyone who isn't conservative enough. Yet when a link is offered providing real information from a credible source you ignore such evidence and offer an appeal to belief: Most people believe ACA is bad so that must be true.

What part of ‘you don’t have to buy health insurance’ do conservatives not understand?

What the Court’s ruling does do, though, is important far beyond health care. Five Justices of the Supreme Court — the Chief Justice, for his reasons, and Thursday’s four dissenters, for their reasons — agreed that Congress cannot command individual Americans to buy a commercial product against their will. Here is the way the Chief Justice put it: “The Federal Government does not have the power to order people to buy health insurance.” Thus, he said, the mandate provision (Section 5000A of the Act) “would be unconstitutional if read as a command.” The four dissenters thought the mandate was invalid in any case, so they surely shared at least that sentiment.

http://www.scotusblog.com/2012/06/dont-call-it-a-mandate-its-a-tax/

Apparently we’re witnessing the birth of yet another conservative lie for purely partisan reasons, the inane canard of ‘lost freedom’ and a government ‘forcing’ citizens to do something against their will.

Conservative mantra: ‘repeat a lie often enough, until it’s perceived as true.’

Friggin bizarre.

The US government, the entire insurance industry, and all the liberal media and MSNBC, not to mention all the progressive and liberal special interest groups, are being out talked by a bunch of unintelligent and uneducated conservatives? Is that honestly the best you can come up with? Tell me something, given that the government alone has spent more money talking about the ACA than every conservative group combined, how the frack can you rationally expect me to believe the problem is that Fox refers to it as Obamacare?

By the way, Obama doesn't have a problem with the name, why should I care if you do?

Obamacare — Barack Obama

The problem I have with Obamacare is that the benefits are not worth the price. we can ignore everything that you don't care about, the way this gives the government a way to step into your life and control what you buy, eat, and even think. It fails at the one thing it is supposed to accomplish, the main goal of this law was to bend the cost curve downward. That is not going to happen. That alone should be enough for anyone who actually cares about the future to oppose this law.

Prove me wrong, prove to me that this is actually going to make health insurance less expensive, or admit I am right and admit you don't care about money because the drunk Senator from Massachusetts is in heaven giving you orders and that is all you care about.

Would you be willing to provide some evidence of your conclusions? If not, please preface all of your remarks with, "In my opinion..."

Thanks so much, your opinion is valuable, though, not always in the way you may wish or believe.

http://otrans.3cdn.net/ee40602f9a7d8172b8_ozm6bt5oi.pdf

What part of ‘you don’t have to buy health insurance’ do conservatives not understand?

What the Court’s ruling does do, though, is important far beyond health care. Five Justices of the Supreme Court — the Chief Justice, for his reasons, and Thursday’s four dissenters, for their reasons — agreed that Congress cannot command individual Americans to buy a commercial product against their will. Here is the way the Chief Justice put it: “The Federal Government does not have the power to order people to buy health insurance.” Thus, he said, the mandate provision (Section 5000A of the Act) “would be unconstitutional if read as a command.” The four dissenters thought the mandate was invalid in any case, so they surely shared at least that sentiment.

http://www.scotusblog.com/2012/06/dont-call-it-a-mandate-its-a-tax/
Apparently we’re witnessing the birth of yet another conservative lie for purely partisan reasons, the inane canard of ‘lost freedom’ and a government ‘forcing’ citizens to do something against their will.

The part where paying a penalty for not buying something is considered a rational alternative to not buying something.

Don’t call it a mandate — it’s a tax (UPDATED) : SCOTUSblog

But they CAN tax you for non-compliance.

Forum List

Back