Health-Care Anger Has Deeper Roots

If the economy picks up it won't matter.

What I find the most amusing is that it seems to be those on medicare that are the most vocal.

I'm glad it amuses yew. But you failed to mention those folks on medicare have paid into the system their entire working lives. They earned it. You whining little libtards on the other hand want it handed to you free of charge on the backs of those who have labored and still labor. Get up off your lazy ass and go earn something. Then you will have a reason to look down your snooty democwat nose at others.

What I find the most amusing is that it seems to be those on medicare that are the most vocal.

The folks NOW on Medicare have for the most part been paying into Medicare since 1966. They consider it to be a "social contract", and they have honored their obligation to make those payments. Their children are now middle aged, and are concerned that their elders get their benefits, for which they've paid, and are entitled. Some might also be concerned that they'll have to step in financially or be faced with a financial/medical dilemma; this issue tracks with those two groups.

As they consider those issues they begin to consider all the other issues their government is involved in that can and will affect them, and they become increasingly alarmed, and feel they need to be listened to. Ignoring them or ridiculing them makes them more vocal and determined to get the attention of their representatives. Continue being “amused” Ravi, but it seems to be a misplaced reaction/interpretation. I suspect that reaction is shared by many clueless elitist Democrats.

you beat me to it.:clap2::clap2:

What I find the most amusing is that it seems to be those on medicare that are the most vocal

gee im sorry. I didn't know you had a brain tumor

[youtube]xdQKetTLXm8[/youtube]

[youtube]y98HxYbsdBM[/youtube]

but that's ok bubbles 95% of liberals and their seeds don't know how to use the net

The folks NOW on Medicare have for the most part been paying into Medicare since 1966. They consider it to be a "social contract", and they have honored their obligation to make those payments. Their children are now middle aged, and are concerned that their elders get their benefits, for which they've paid, and are entitled. Some might also be concerned that they'll have to step in financially or be faced with a financial/medical dilemma; this issue tracks with those two groups.

As they consider those issues they begin to consider all the other issues their government is involved in that can and will affect them, and they become increasingly alarmed, and feel they need to be listened to. Ignoring them or ridiculing them makes them more vocal and determined to get the attention of their representatives. Continue being “amused” Ravi, but it seems to be a misplaced reaction/interpretation. I suspect that reaction is shared by many clueless elitist Democrats.

If someone isn't paying or hasn't paid taxes should they able to access the benefits offered by the social contract?

Forgive me, I'll never speak his name again. :lol:
You can say it all you want, it makes you look silly is why i brought it up.

You seem to believe saying 'bush' is a magic bullett that will slay all criticism of the horrible president we have now.

If only things were so simple.

The truth is people have been building up this anger for years, the endless waste and constant hypocrisy form both political parties and many are fed up with it.

You can keep laughing and yelling 'bush' but that won't help your guy retain power nor will it pass his agenda.
My point was that the Republicans have coasted for years on let them eat cake. That is their party platform. Pointing out past presidents agendas is not a moot issue.

And again, I think the "anger" is manufactured bs by the Republicans and the insurance lobbyists. Most seniors on medicare today are conservatives and none of them will give up their medicare. You've got Michael Steele on national tv declaring he's going to protect medicare.GOOD FOR MICHAEL STEEL. THE SENIORS HAVE EARNED THEIR MEDICARE YOU HAVE NOT.

You are easily snowed, it seems, as they are.

If the economy picks up none of this will matter.

It ain't gonna get better for a long long time. there's an idiot in the wh.

Forgive me, I'll never speak his name again. :lol:
You can say it all you want, it makes you look silly is why i brought it up.

You seem to believe saying 'bush' is a magic bullett that will slay all criticism of the horrible president we have now.

If only things were so simple.

The truth is people have been building up this anger for years, the endless waste and constant hypocrisy form both political parties and many are fed up with it.

You can keep laughing and yelling 'bush' but that won't help your guy retain power nor will it pass his agenda.
My point was that the Republicans have coasted for years on let them eat cake. That is their party platform. Pointing out past presidents agendas is not a moot issue.

And again, I think the "anger" is manufactured bs by the Republicans and the insurance lobbyists. Most seniors on medicare today are conservatives and none of them will give up their medicare. You've got Michael Steele on national tv declaring he's going to protect medicare.

I think your putting all your eggs into one basket. This is a multi layered convoluted problem, and just the economy will not bail him out.

The Dems have totally misread the 2008 election. While people wanted "change", they didn't want the change they are seeing planned. Its too much already.

Newsflash, anybody who hasn't been asleep knows that the government has bungled nearly all it has touched. Case in point - Ford... doing well, GM & Chrysler.. not so good. Cash for clunkers, disaster. Medicare, Medicaid, USPS, Amtrak, Fannie Mae, SSI, Freddie Mac, FDIC, etc... BANKRUPT. This same government gave us $500 hammers & toilet seats, Travelgate, the House Banking scandal, etc.
Yeah, okay, now run the US medical system.
Not so fast Sparky.

Those on Medicare voice opposition for one really good reason, Medicare is a fine example of how fucked up our government can get with medical insurance, those on Medicare know full well what a "government" option means. It's the private portions that Bush forced us to take that have actually served our need better, while Medicare itself suffers when the government runs out of money.
Notice none of them are giving it up...and you're deluded if you think seniors don't love them some Medicare. Well, you're deluded anyway. :lol:

Those on Medicare voice opposition for one really good reason, Medicare is a fine example of how fucked up our government can get with medical insurance, those on Medicare know full well what a "government" option means. It's the private portions that Bush forced us to take that have actually served our need better, while Medicare itself suffers when the government runs out of money.
Notice none of them are giving it up...and you're deluded if you think seniors don't love them some Medicare. Well, you're deluded anyway. :lol:

Everyone paid into it, until the government can repay that they can't change the rules mid game. It's not anyone's fault it costs them a hell of a lot more than they thought it would, actually, it's the government's fault for that to.

Ravi, with all due respect....you are the one that is deluded. You are deluded with your messiah Obama...I don't understand it and I never will, but make no mistake about it.

Not only is it moot, its also rediculous in this case.

All you are doing is the old scapegoat routine, hoping to distract from a failed policy.

And again, I think the "anger" is manufactured bs by the Republicans and the insurance lobbyists. Most seniors on medicare today are conservatives and none of them will give up their medicare. You've got Michael Steele on national tv declaring he's going to protect medicare.
You need to think again, I told you from the start the majority of the protestors were democrats and obama voters and that still holds.

Your attitude is identical to the white house's attitude which is why Obama's approval is dropping like a stone.

How ironic that you claimed I am snowed while you act as a shill for Obama.

The economy isn't going to 'pick up' and this will matter as the bill is coming due on 30 years of borrowing.

Ravi, with all due respect....you are the one that is deluded. You are deluded with your messiah Obama...I don't understand it and I never will, but make no mistake about it.
I don't give a flying fuck about Obama...I do believe health care should be affordable for all.

apparently the "anger" in America was heard by The WHite House...........the pubic option officially dies as of today according to DRUDGE this AM. And thank God for thatfolks..........America spoke. The silent majority spoke and smacked down this disaster of a bill.

Accordingly............some gay MSPAINT illustrations are in order this morning......................

21-10.jpg

When I woke up and clicked on DRUDGE this AM, couldnt help but thnk of all my k00k lefty pals!!! Siad to myself.....................

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!!!!!

Who the hell keeps moving my threads to the wrong forums??

THIS ISN'T ABOUT HEALTHCARE, ITS ABOUT POLITICS OVERALL.

Forum List

Back