health bill... do you like what's in it ??

do you like the health care bill ?

• yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • i don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
health bill... do you like what's in it ?? it's a year later, do you like what's in it?

are you better off in general, than you were two and a half years ago ??

Last edited:
Nope. I don't like a single thing in it. Mostly because there shouldn't be anything in it. There is NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY for the US Government to be involved in any type of health or insurance issues.

Although it is far less reaching then it should have been..it's a good start. I like the fact more people will be covered, it deals with cost, gets rid of the "pre-existing" conditions crapola that HMOs were using to drop coverage and covers kids.

Nope. I don't like a single thing in it. Mostly because there shouldn't be anything in it. There is NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY for the US Government to be involved in any type of health or insurance issues.

Scrap the whole fuckiing healthcare and Obambo with it.

It is not perfect, but in no way should it be totally repealed. I think that it can be reworked over time.

It is not perfect, but in no way should it be totally repealed. I think that it can be reworked over time.

Jim, please point out to me the SPECIFIC AUTHORITY in Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution for the US Congress to enact any legislation or appropriate any money for health care, insurance, or anything of the sort.

health bill... do you like what's in it ?? it's a year later, do you like what's in it?

Yes, there's plenty in it that I like. I like the enhanced primary care initiatives; the quality measure development; the payment reform demonstrations; the incentives and mechanisms for innovation in delivery system reform; the emphasis on care coordination, particularly for the disproportionately ill and expensive among us; the investments in comparative effectiveness research; the workforce provisions; the shift toward value-based purchasing; and the enhanced anti-fraud tools.

I like other pieces of it, as well, but the overarching theme of what I like about it is simple: with the ACA-CHIPRA-HITECH trifecta (since the actual health reform law, the Affordable Care Act, was one of three major pieces of health legislation passed in the last Congress) not just quality but health care value, as well as patient safety and patient-centeredness, is finally getting a much-needed shot in the arm. Not only does that have obvious benefits, it's a prerequisite for getting spending under control in a responsible way.

Oh great. we wasted a lot of taxpayer money getting it "not perfect" now we have to waste a whole bunch more "re working it." Great thinking demonRats.

Yes, there's plenty in it that I like. I like the enhanced primary care initiatives; the quality measure development; the payment reform demonstrations; the incentives and mechanisms for innovation in delivery system reform; the emphasis on care coordination, particularly for the disproportionately ill and expensive among us; the investments in comparative effectiveness research; the workforce provisions; the shift toward value-based purchasing; and the enhanced anti-fraud tools.

I like other pieces of it, as well, but the overarching theme of what I like about it is simple: with the ACA-CHIPRA-HITECH trifecta (since the actual health reform law, the Affordable Care Act, was one of three major pieces of health legislation passed in the last Congress) not just quality but health care value, as well as patient safety and patient-centeredness, is finally getting a much-needed shot in the arm. Not only does that have obvious benefits, it's a prerequisite for getting spending under control in a responsible way.

great post.

Forum List

Back