HEADS UP -- Use the OFFICIAL thread for Kavanaugh Judiciary Hearing on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
As we've done in the past for elections and hearings, there will ONE OFFICIAL thread for comments, opinions, updates on tomorrow's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee..
OFFICIAL -- Kavanaugh Judiciary Committee Thread -- Thurs Sept 27th 2018

After closing, moving, or merging over 200 threads these past 5 days on the topic -- we're out of patience. Other threads will be closed. Repeat violators will be warned.

This thread will be OPENED by 10AM tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. All threads between now and then will be merged and placed in the "Senate Judiciary Peanut Gallery" thread --- which will CLOSE when this thread opens. Use that one now -- if you can't wait.

The Kavanaugh Hearing Peanut Gallery..

DO NOT POST other threads on this until Friday. And those MAY still be subject to merge and warnings if folks are STILL not complying with using existing open threads on the topic.

Last edited:
Yeah the mods are having fun. This is how they decrease the internet impact of the Kavanaugh hearings.
We can take it as the USMB mod team's acknowledgement that it isn't going good for the commie barfbags.

Now they'll start zapping people who want to talk about the hearings, but can't find the mandated single thread and thus begin threads of their own. All while whining "we volunteer our time you know! It's hard work! It's your fault the board is fucked up!"

As we've done in the past for elections and hearings, there will ONE OFFICIAL thread for comments, opinions, updates on tomorrow's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee..
OFFICIAL -- Kavanaugh Judiciary Committee Thread -- Thurs Sept 27th 2018

After closing, moving, or merging over 200 threads these past 5 days on the topic -- we're out of patience. Other threads will be closed. Repeat violators will be warned.

This thread will be OPENED by 10AM tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. All threads between now and then will be merged and placed in the "Senate Judiciary Peanut Gallery" thread --- which will CLOSE when this thread opens. Use that one now -- if you can't wait.

The Kavanaugh Hearing Peanut Gallery..

DO NOT POST other threads on this until Friday. And those MAY still be subject to merge and warnings if folks are STILL not complying with using existing open threads on the topic.
So where did the thread go?

I just got a thread ban or something for no reason. I can no longer see the thread.
I think it happened to everybody.

This is a really hot topic.

Similar to Slick Willy on Monica, or the Thomas/Hill controversy.

I have to state that kav is not doing so well. He way more combative than necessary and seems unable to simply state he drank a lot in HS. He keeps referring to a record that is not relevant to the question. I don't understand what is so difficult about stating - ya, I drank in HS and now I don't drink like an 18 year old anymore -

I have to state that kav is not doing so well. He way more combative than necessary and seems unable to simply state he drank a lot in HS. He keeps referring to a record that is not relevant to the question. I don't understand what is so difficult about stating - ya, I drank in HS and now I don't drink like an 18 year old anymore -

Republicans would save a lot of face if they just pulled Kavanaugh, and then appointed the female that graduated from Notre Dame.

Republicans would save a lot of face if they just pulled Kavanaugh, and then appointed the female that graduated from Notre Dame.
At the end of the day I doubt this will happen.

The worst case in November is that the GOP loses both the U.S. House and the Senate. Then it will be too late to seat another strict constructionist Justice.

They will need to stick with Kavanaugh through thick or thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back