Heading for a Dalton Minimum?

Well now, I guess we will just see who has accurate predictions, now, won't we.

Seems that we saw this kind of prediction for this decade. And it turned out to be the warmest on record. And the decade for 2010 to 2019 is starting out rather warm as well.

Reduced sunspot numbers (meaning decreased solar activity) have resulted in lower temperatures, except during this last decade when we have had decreasing solar activity but increasing temperatures.

Which would of course be expected when one compares the forcing values from the minor decrease in TSI compared to a 40% increase in CO2, and a 150% increase in CH4, plus the very efficient GHGs that we have created from industry.

• Banned
I agree this will be an excellent test of AGW theory. The problem with the "warmest summer on record" factoid is that we honestly don't really know if it was or not. Too many weather stations have been dropped in the rural areas thus biasing the data to the urban island affected areas. Also the revelations that the NOAA satellites were reading up to 15 degrees higher than the actual temperatures were is very troubling. Especially when it got out thet NOAA knew there was a problem but continued to release false data.

"Warmest Summer"? Maybe.....we know for sure however that the winters have been getting worse. Last winter it was Europe and Asia that got hammered (along with some areas of the North American continent as well) and now it is Africa and South America getting pounded.

Reports are coming in that the Arctic Sea Ice Extent is going to be much higher than predicted as well.

So far I see a lot of factual cooling going on with death and destruction worldwide.
I also see a lot of manipulated data to show a hot summer but in most areas it was a very pleasant summer. Here in the deserts of Nevada it was very comfy. The same for California. Houston went through the entire summer without breaking the 100 degree mark. Something they havn't done in ten years.

So all in all, we have definte cooling and we have warming by manipulation. I know which way I'm betting:razz:

I agree this will be an excellent test of AGW theory. The problem with the "warmest summer on record" factoid is that we honestly don't really know if it was or not. Too many weather stations have been dropped in the rural areas thus biasing the data to the urban island affected areas. Also the revelations that the NOAA satellites were reading up to 15 degrees higher than the actual temperatures were is very troubling. Especially when it got out thet NOAA knew there was a problem but continued to release false data.

"Warmest Summer"? Maybe.....we know for sure however that the winters have been getting worse. Last winter it was Europe and Asia that got hammered (along with some areas of the North American continent as well) and now it is Africa and South America getting pounded.

Reports are coming in that the Arctic Sea Ice Extent is going to be much higher than predicted as well.

So far I see a lot of factual cooling going on with death and destruction worldwide.
I also see a lot of manipulated data to show a hot summer but in most areas it was a very pleasant summer. Here in the deserts of Nevada it was very comfy. The same for California. Houston went through the entire summer without breaking the 100 degree mark. Something they havn't done in ten years.

So all in all, we have definte cooling and we have warming by manipulation. I know which way I'm betting:razz:

Actually the factual trend worldwide was been warming, as fifteen nations set all-time temperature records this year, with nine this summer (Northern Hemisphere summer) alone, which have caused far more death and destruction than the sporadic and isolated reports of cold snaps.

Observations from one city (or two or three) are insignificant. NYC had its hottest July ever this year, if we're going to play that game, and most consecutive 90-degree days. A city in Russia (!) saw the mercury rise to 111 degrees in July.

Ol' Wallyeyes is going to lie about the weather, no matter what evidence is presented. The deaths in Russia alone this summer exceed all the deaths worldwide from any of the cold snaps. In fact, exceeds them by multiples, probably two digit multiples.

Russia has lost 38% of it's grain crop, Pakistan, nearly all of this years food crops. The EU, 5% to 10% of it's grain crops. It will be interesting to see the UAH's overall figures for the troposphere for August. Bet that in spite of the cold snaps in South America, it will rank in the top three.

• Banned

Actually the factual trend worldwide was been warming, as fifteen nations set all-time temperature records this year, with nine this summer (Northern Hemisphere summer) alone, which have caused far more death and destruction than the sporadic and isolated reports of cold snaps.

Observations from one city (or two or three) are insignificant. NYC had its hottest July ever this year, if we're going to play that game, and most consecutive 90-degree days. A city in Russia (!) saw the mercury rise to 111 degrees in July.

This is only true if you use the manipulated data there my friend. When they were crowing about the 105 degree temps back east the ONLY place you could find that reading was from a weather station located at an airport with the corresponding ACRES of tarmac to generate heat.

No, the theory is wrong. The data manipulation is being proved daily. And the money people are getting out of a losing proposition. They know what's going on....why don't you?

• Banned
Ol' Wallyeyes is going to lie about the weather, no matter what evidence is presented. The deaths in Russia alone this summer exceed all the deaths worldwide from any of the cold snaps. In fact, exceeds them by multiples, probably two digit multiples.

Russia has lost 38% of it's grain crop, Pakistan, nearly all of this years food crops. The EU, 5% to 10% of it's grain crops. It will be interesting to see the UAH's overall figures for the troposphere for August. Bet that in spite of the cold snaps in South America, it will rank in the top three.

Oh, olfraud you are so full of crap it's not funny. As far as grain losses go try looking back to the 1920's when wheat hit a price equivalent to 17.25 a bushel. This years prices are less than HALF of that. Crack a book sometime.

Cold is Deadlier than Heat, Despite Summertime Media Frenzy - by James M. Taylor

Last edited:

Forum List

Back