Head-To-Head Review: Canon T3i Vs. Nikon D5100

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
With HD video recording, great image quality, and a solid selection of lenses, the Nikon D5100 and Canon T3i are on the top of a lot of wish lists out there. For people already in the Canon or Nikon camp (full disclosure: I’m a Canon man), the choice is obvious if an upgrade is in their future, but for the less dogmatic and new recruits to the DSLR crowd, it’s not nearly as clear-cut. $800 buys you a lot of camera either way.

Head-To-Head Review: Canon T3i Vs. Nikon D5100 | TechCrunch

With HD video recording, great image quality, and a solid selection of lenses, the Nikon D5100 and Canon T3i are on the top of a lot of wish lists out there. For people already in the Canon or Nikon camp (full disclosure: I’m a Canon man), the choice is obvious if an upgrade is in their future, but for the less dogmatic and new recruits to the DSLR crowd, it’s not nearly as clear-cut. $800 buys you a lot of camera either way.

I'm a Nikon guy. I have a Nikon D50, a D3000, a D300, an old D1 and the new D7000. The D7000 is the finest Nikon camera I have ever owned. With that said, I also have to say that Canon makes some nice cameras too. My advice? Try them all at your local camera store before you buy any of them. The digital technology changes just about every day.

I'm a Nikon guy. I have a Nikon D50, a D3000, a D300, an old D1 and the new D7000. The D7000 is the finest Nikon camera I have ever owned. With that said, I also have to say that Canon makes some nice cameras too. My advice? Try them all at your local camera store before you buy any of them. The digital technology changes just about every day.

BBD, You like the D7000 better than your D300??!! I have been drooling over the D700 for months now, I hope not to settle for the D5100.

What is it about the D7000 you like so much? Got any big glass? Costco has the kit with the 18-200 Nikor VR2 at a decent price.

Forum List

Back